Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2016 Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo, Ohio, August 26-28th 2016 >

2016 Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo, Ohio, August 26-28th 2016

2016 Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo, Ohio, August 26-28th 2016

Old 08-15-2016, 05:19 AM
Tech Regular

I don't see my name entered in sedan for my second class. I had asked to be added after I submitted my entry. Please add me
Mark Unger
Old 08-15-2016, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Phil Trotta
I'll see you guys there. I'll have juice with me f anyone needs
Jon straughburg and Lon can stop texting all of ny lol

Be good to see all you guys.
Mr Trotta,

I hope you bring the typical fun and jokes with those bottles. Been a while since I see you at the track!

I will take a couple. I always want to try new stuff. Never know when we might find a magic bullet....lol

DJ
Old 08-17-2016, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default PSA

Do you know where your kids are
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-19-2016, 02:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default I-75 Construction Findlay to Toledo

Now I haven't driven to the track in a couple weeks and I am not trying to scare anyone away, BUT I wanted to pass on this warning for people coming to the GLC from the South on I-75, when you get to Findlay, OH (~mile 159) you will hit construction! Take your time, it will last for 60 miles, or from Findlay up to Toledo, unfortunately there isn't a easy way to get around it. It can be nasty, people sometimes like to play bumper-cars in there (going too fast, cutting off big trucks, being impatient, others not being in the correct lane, etc.) and at least once a week I-75 gets closed down to clean up a wreck. So again please drive careful and watch out for all of the idiots because when you do get to the track you should have a fun time; and you don't need to worry about your big car that is all busted up when you should be working on your "toy" car that is all busted up..
Old 08-19-2016, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Maybe guys coming north on 75 could exit in Findlay and hop on 12 to Fostoria then 199 or 23 north... Slower rds but prolly way less headache/construction/morons with bumpercars...unless
these rds a mess too...havent worked down in Findlay or Fostoria in months so
not sure.. McSquish above will prolly know..... Gettin close... Crap i gotta paint bodies
Old 08-19-2016, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mcsquish
Now I haven't driven to the track in a couple weeks and I am not trying to scare anyone away, BUT I wanted to pass on this warning for people coming to the GLC from the South on I-75, when you get to Findlay, OH (~mile 159) you will hit construction! Take your time, it will last for 60 miles, or from Findlay up to Toledo, unfortunately there isn't a easy way to get around it. It can be nasty, people sometimes like to play bumper-cars in there (going too fast, cutting off big trucks, being impatient, others not being in the correct lane, etc.) and at least once a week I-75 gets closed down to clean up a wreck. So again please drive careful and watch out for all of the idiots because when you do get to the track you should have a fun time; and you don't need to worry about your big car that is all busted up when you should be working on your "toy" car that is all busted up..
Seems like an average day on the race track.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Does this apply to those of us flying into Detroit? Not being from the area, not sure what roads are what.

Thanks,

DJ Apolaro
Old 08-20-2016, 02:06 AM
wad
Tech Elite

Do three wire transponders work on your timing system?
Old 08-20-2016, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Does this apply to those of us flying into Detroit? Not being from the area, not sure what roads are what.

Thanks,

DJ Apolaro
Possibly....all of 75 a mess... Rick Davis would know how the roads are coming down from Detroit...ive been avoiding 75 while working like the black plague....
Old 08-20-2016, 08:19 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks,

DJ Apolaro
Coming south from the airport you'll be ok , most of the I-75 construction is done
Old 08-20-2016, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks,

DJ Apolaro
South is coming from the Cincinnati/Dayton area of Ohio.
Old 08-20-2016, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

i came north from Cincinnati last Sunday and can vouch for how screwed up the area is , one moment we were going 80 and the next spent 15 minutes in a traffic jam cause some dummy with a hoopty Honda stalled in the right lane - probably ran out of gas

Last edited by Rick Davis; 08-20-2016 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-20-2016, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

24 is allgood tho, right?

Thanks,
Drew
Old 08-20-2016, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

There seems to be deconstruction everywhere in NW Ohio.....
As far as I know the only real problem is from Findlay, Ohio to Toledo on I-75. Getting to and from the track from the Detroit airport is not too bad, I flew into Detroit Thursday and made it through Toledo without any problems; and yes my arms were tired... booooooo
Getting to the track from the Toledo airport, I believe would be easiest if you took the turnpike. I think Jon Strausbaugh can add about that route.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mcsquish
There seems to be deconstruction everywhere in NW Ohio.....
As far as I know the only real problem is from Findlay, Ohio to Toledo on I-75. Getting to and from the track from the Detroit airport is not too bad, I flew into Detroit Thursday and made it through Toledo without any problems; and yes my arms were tired... booooooo
Getting to the track from the Toledo airport, I believe would be easiest if you took the turnpike. I think Jon Strausbaugh can add about that route.
Coming from Toledo airport you could also take route 2 all the way to Broadway in town...turn left on Broadway... Right on Clayton..(High level over river is open)...Then straight shot to track down
Woodville...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.