R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Boost bottle??????? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/9098-boost-bottle.html)

Fiream 10-29-2002 10:00 AM

Boost bottle???????

I got another question, What is a Boost Bottle? It sound like something from Fast & Furious. Do I need to get one? I have a 2 speed and a Tune pipe..... I've also heard that PB blaster also work, if sprayed down the carb.... Oh, is there any other place to get 200mm Touring bodies other then HPI and Bolink?????

Thanks,
Robert

Fiream 10-29-2002 12:02 PM

any buddy?
:tire:

JPHRacer 10-29-2002 04:59 PM

A boost bottle is a little aluminum bottle that is in the shape as a Nitrous bottle. What is does is connet to the motor via fuel tubing and a fitting, on the side of the block of your motor. It is placed between the carb and the crank shaft. It incrases the size of your plenum, the area between the carb jet and the intake port on the crank. The therory behind it is that when you are going at WOT on the straight then slow the motor speed down real fast (ie hairpin corner) the motor will load up with exra fuel because the motor cant keep up with the supply of fuel that it was being fed. When you get on the throttle exiting the corner, the boost bottle holds that excess fuel so that when you get on the throttle exiting the corner you dont get all of this fuel that can bog it down.

In my opinion it is a joke. I have never felt or saw any thing different about the car, when I ran one and my local track has loooong straights and tight hairpin corners. Most motors need the fitting to be drilled into the block, so if it don't work you got to fing a way to plug it. I have seen people who have had the hose on the side of the bottle fall of exposing the motor to the track's grime. Not good.

Have no clue what pb blaster is.

ProtoForm make the best sedan bodys for racing.

Foger Rox 10-29-2002 06:31 PM

Technically it works. Can you see/feel the difference on a 12 engine? SOme pro 1/8th scale guys use them. On 21's. I dont have one on my 3 cars. I'll bet ya that most here dont either.

Im2lazy 10-29-2002 09:25 PM

Usually they are built into the engine. I haven't heard of a pro that puts one of those $10 dollar ones from the small companies.

They really have no positive effect. Theoretically they should work, but, they are too small to give much of a boost in engine performance (pun not implied). Some people say they work, but I heard the late Ron Paris:( say that they are not really worth it because you could much more easily gain power in other areas. They are eye candy in my opinion. ( you could try tell neighborhood friends that it is a nitrous kit for your engine:lol: :sneaky: . Some people believe anything.):D