Wiki Posts
Search

FW-05T to FW05R

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 09:57 AM
V1R
Tech Initiate

Default FW-05T to FW05R

Hi all, please share any reviews on FW05R...

I just sold my fw05T, intending to buy the FW05R version coming weekend.

Can anyone share what differences does these 2 models have, Price differences justifable?????

PLEASE SHARE> =) any fw05T or R drivers???

anyway, intending to Run my new car on a STS 12 turbo engine
ERG VB servo.. Zb ... etc.....

cheers all
Old 06-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Tech Initiate

I just started R/C a few months back and I'm using the FW05T.
Can't say much but I think its an awesome car, and plan to put an STS engine as well later on.
Personally, I plan to get the RRR after I outgrow the 05T, instead of the 05R.

Let me know how your STS engine runs on the FW05R!

Cheers,
JT
Old 06-03-2006, 02:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Difference between a R and T are not so big, but together they are much more money to spend on upgrade then replacement.
I would aways sell the T and buy an R.

But the R, assume you mean the FW-05R, is old model, current model is FW-05RR, this has even more differences from the T. Way too expensive to upgrade a T to an RR !

What do you get with the RR ? Alu schoks, stabs, cabon parts, V-One rear, better steering due to better blocks in front, centax clutch, better chassis and much more !

But be aware that an RR is a completely other car then the T, mostly because you normally put a much faster engine in the RR. Stock Kyosho is 0.5hp... a affordable good engine brings 1.2HP or more on the table !
Other accupack, better steering servo and startbox needed ! (Pullstart doesn't fit without modification of the enginestands of the RR)

The RR is a great car, depending on track it can be faster or slower (very little difference) the a V-One RRR WCE !

And last but not least... the RR only comes as a chassis kit ! So nothing like reciever, servo's, engine, muffler, body included !!