R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-15-2005, 08:04 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Sanwa M11 and ALB PUSH

Hello all,
I would appreciate if someone could answer the following:
When you go to the ALB setup page in the M11, instead of having the option ACT/INH, as in all the other pages, it only says PUSH, without having the option to change it. As a result, in order to activate the ALB function, you need to assign it to a switch and having it pressed while breaking. When you release the switch, even if you are braking, the ALB deactivates. So, unlike all other options, the ALB is activated only when you brake and press the assigned switch at the same time.
Is there a way to have it activated like all other options?

Thanks
etgdpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 10:33 AM   #2
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to eTiMaGo

I've been wondering the same thing since I got my M11... The manual does seem to indicate you can chage that setting, but no.. I tried reassigning the button, maybe those bottom ones are a PUSH type only, but no...

What I did, as a kind of pseudo-ALB, is to slow down the servo speed when braking, and lowering the EPA so that even on full brakes, the wheels will not lock. Along with very slight drag brake, it makes entering into turns quite controllable
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 02:46 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by etgdpu
Hello all,
I would appreciate if someone could answer the following:
When you go to the ALB setup page in the M11, instead of having the option ACT/INH, as in all the other pages, it only says PUSH, without having the option to change it. As a result, in order to activate the ALB function, you need to assign it to a switch and having it pressed while breaking. When you release the switch, even if you are braking, the ALB deactivates. So, unlike all other options, the ALB is activated only when you brake and press the assigned switch at the same time.
Is there a way to have it activated like all other options?

Thanks
i'm having the m8, it has the alb functions,, but at first the menu is not activated....then somebody i met at the track press a few buttons and the menu appears and functioning. but do not ask me what buttons ( i did not ask him what buttons he pressed.)

anyway i have never used this 'ALB' function cause i do not think it's necessery/but i have tested it and working properly.
i setup the brake epa so that it would not lock the tires when full braking, same principal like Etimago mention earlier...thats all
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 03:04 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcabj
i'm having the m8, it has the alb functions,, but at first the menu is not activated....then somebody i met at the track press a few buttons and the menu appears and functioning. but do not ask me what buttons ( i did not ask him what buttons he pressed.)

hi i have a m8 aswell... the championship version.

no where in the manual does it reference ALB... but i have heard some people having this function on theire M8's. i am really interested if anyone knows how to do it.

i was told the ones that have ALB it appears above the Fuel Tank (battery meter) icon?
Doomah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 08:37 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomah
hi i have a m8 aswell... the championship version.

no where in the manual does it reference ALB... but i have heard some people having this function on theire M8's. i am really interested if anyone knows how to do it.

i was told the ones that have ALB it appears above the Fuel Tank (battery meter) icon?
yeap...u r right about it appearing above the battery icon...but i'm sorry can't help u cause i do not know which button the guy pressed... to activate the func. menu...maybe somebody out here can help
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 03:03 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

Talking Greetings from Spain guys

About M11 problem I feel the same that you but i wrote a letter to Airtonics and this is what they answer me:
They are not the same. Airtronics is only distributed in the U.S. South America, and Canada. Sanwa is distributed in other countries. I've already said this.... Sanwa can not have adjustable ALB due to a patent from another manufacturer. You can send your radio here to the U.S. to have it converted to Airtronics if you like. It will cost you shipping both ways plus conversion.
It was a surprise for me,that is it should be a way to change it.Thatīs all I know.
About M8 problem I have a solution but I decline all responsibility about this method,ok?
This is the method:
1-With radio turned off, keep pressing "inc/+","dec/-" and ">" buttons and turn on the radio.You are now in the service menu.
2-Select the word "COM" with directionals keys and pressing "*" key on it.Itīs very important no to choose another one option.
3-Now you have "ALB OFF" in your screen and you have to change the status to "ON" pressing the "inc/+" key.
4-In that moment you have to turn off the radio and turn on again and now you have ALB system in your M8.I donīt know if that method works on all M8 radio types.
I hope to help you all.
Excuse me for my bad english guys
BYE,guys!!!
rafarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 03:22 PM   #7
Tech Regular

i oso encounter tis problem, but when i first got the tx, im able to set the options PUSH/TOGGLE/ACT. today i try to familiar myself wif the new tx, found tat im no longer can set the options.
anyone has any solutions?
taz5176 is offline   Reply With Quote