R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-28-2002, 07:58 PM   #16
rjl
Tech Fanatic

You say you know enough and then ask how to oil a fuel filter?
Idiot!
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 08:10 PM   #17
Tech Rookie

You think I care if im banned? lol, Go ahead...
MaStErOfPuPpEtZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 08:40 PM   #18
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

You know, I'm not sure if I should suspend MaStErOfPuPpEtZ for his use of language or rjl for one of the dumbest comments I've ever seen in this forum.

This forum is about the exchange of knowledge. Someone posted a question and got a "You're kidding, you don't know that?" response. I don't exactly blame him for being pissed. Sure, you might think he came in with an attitude, but a question was asked and that kind of response was certainly unwarranted.

If he wants to get a 1/8th as his first car, geez, just let him. If it turns out to be a mistake, he'll learn from it. Either way, he gets what he wanted, and hopefully learns something in the process.

Now stop the flame war.
Old 10-28-2002, 09:49 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie to this hobby, just got myself a V One S. After break-in, and a few stroll down the parking lot I know how fast the car can really go. And for a beginner, I believe that you guys are right. A 1/8 car would surely kill my pocket first before it kills itself exploding in the parking lot

Anyway, I have a few questions:

1. for a V1S, what type of upgrades do I need to invest in? I would like to focus on handling at the moment.

2. Some people say that investing in a two-speed will make the car, of course faster, dont heat up fast. Is this tru?

3. A tuned pipe will help increase the performance while saves fuel, correct?

Please help.

darthkir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 09:54 PM   #20
rjl
Tech Fanatic

I think puppetmaster is taking the Micky.
Old 10-28-2002, 10:03 PM   #21
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Wolf

Hi darthkir,

If you can handle the V1s well, 2 speed is a good upgrade. It provide faster top speed and ease the load of the engine. Yeah, tune pipe will help the engine too. Save fuel? It may not, but performance is improved. Front and rear anti-roll bar is a good tuning aids.

BTW, If you ask in the V1s thread, you will get a better answer.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 10:03 PM   #22
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by darthkir
Hi guys,

I'm a newbie to this hobby, just got myself a V One S. After break-in, and a few stroll down the parking lot I know how fast the car can really go. And for a beginner, I believe that you guys are right. A 1/8 car would surely kill my pocket first before it kills itself exploding in the parking lot

Anyway, I have a few questions:

1. for a V1S, what type of upgrades do I need to invest in? I would like to focus on handling at the moment.

2. Some people say that investing in a two-speed will make the car, of course faster, dont heat up fast. Is this tru?

3. A tuned pipe will help increase the performance while saves fuel, correct?

Please help.

First get the diff internals VZ012 and BS107. Reassemble your diffs with four pinions instead of two. Go up to an 18 tooth cluth bell, that will be faster and cheaper for now. Other useful upgrades are the optional head and the chassis. If you get the carbon radio tray you can run a VoneR tank, it's much better than the stock tank.
Best entry level car yet!!!!!
Old 10-28-2002, 10:51 PM   #23
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by MaStErOfPuPpEtZ
I decided to get 3 cars. I am going to get Savage 21 truck, The RS4 Type SS, and HPI - Proceed. Most of you helped make my decision, and I just wanted to see all of you opinions...

HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Im2lazy

Your welcome, wile you out buying 3 cars ,can you get me a Proceed as well
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 11:06 PM   #24
Tech Adept

What are the reasons of changing the diffs? What do you mean by 4 pinions instead of 2? Which one is the 18 tooth clucth bell?

Sorry for the lame questions
Old 10-29-2002, 01:53 AM   #25
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by darthkir
What are the reasons of changing the diffs? What do you mean by 4 pinions instead of 2? Which one is the 18 tooth clucth bell?

Sorry for the lame questions
You should look through the VoneS pages, or ask there. those guys know they're on a good thing.
Old 10-29-2002, 02:32 AM   #26
Tech Master

Angry

This is really late to say this but I have to say,
to each his own.

I totally disagree with the way in which masterofpuppets went about this. He knows less then I knew when I came into this hobby, and I still had my huge share of problems.

My only advice to him is this: Put that proceed aside and work on getting used to the other two before you even put the Proceed together. You will make mistakes on your first car. A lot of em; soem you won't notice until you've had your car for almost a year. So make your mistakes on the SS. Learn from them and then go on to the Savage. i would also suggest that you race your SS if you can. If not, become great friends with your LHS and then they will be glad to tell you what you would like to know. Then the time might be better for you to build the Proceed. Be patient, and you'll get a better payoff.

I also want to tell you that the people on this forum have probably between a year to almost twenty years (for some) of experience in RC. Try appreciate what we have to say because we don't want to see a potential hobbyist turn away from this great hobby (sport, pasttime, whatever...) becuase they got fed up with not being able to get their car running satisfactorily. I'd love to have more friends at the race track, as long as everyone is friendly to me.
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 09:10 AM   #27
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to myclod Send a message via Yahoo to myclod

i have to agree with LAZY...i work in a LHS (local hobby store) for those who don't know...and i see at least 1 person every day who sees ads and whatnot on the internet or in a magazine and say "I WANT THIS" when they have NO experience in R/C, and i try to inform them about the decision they are about to make and also what they are committing to, and 9 times out of 10 the people that still think that they want SUPERADVANCED CAR XYZ just because it is the fastest, either end up selling it because it "is a piece of crap" meaning they have no clue on how to tune the car or take proper care of it OR come back complaining that is a piece of crap and complain that i sold them a dud and want their money back. So i think that all anyone in here is generally trying to say is LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP and ask yourself DO I REALLY NEED ALL THIS CAR?.
myclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 06:30 PM   #28
Tech Adept

Couldn't agree more.

Old 10-29-2002, 07:21 PM   #29
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to V-One S

Well i went to my LHS, asked what he thought would be the best for me to start in nitro with, he showed me the OB4 and V-One S, told me what each had, but heaps of ppl had the OB4 so i decided i'd look into the V-One S

It took me 4 months to buy it, although earning my money also contributed to the long wait, but ia sked heaps of ppl about the car and finally got it, and i listened to what they said.
V-One S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 07:46 PM   #30
Tech Adept

I got a guy at the store that flies RC planes, big ones, 4-6ft.
He buys an OB4 RTR, he learned how to drive it in one night. Well he got all the basics down. He was running thru cones with us one night, I started him out with an oval with a shicane on one side, he had it in 2-3 tanks of fuel. So we made "the track' harder. Next week the track was harder, etc.

Some people can make the transition to a new hobby well.
And some guys cant get more than 2 gallons thru a motor, LOL.
Good luck with all your new cars. Its a great hobby.
Foger Rox is offline   Reply With Quote