R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-08-2005, 07:59 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Some advices on 1/10 sedan?

Currently I'm running a 950R. But I began having a little trouble to keep it running ($$ wise). And seeing so many new advanced sedans coming out gives me itches to try one out. But before I decide anything I just want to hear some advices regarding on maintainence (mostly $$ and durability of parts) and tire wear about 1/10 sedans. Thanks.
ogreasurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 08:20 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Sedan's are a little less $$ to run. But keep in mind this hobby is not cheap, if you want to compete at the highest level. Tire wear will depend on driving style and the surface your racing on and what shore tire your using.Touring car rims get bent very easily so don't hit anything to often. For what car to choose, My choice is the kyosho v-one rrr wc kit, very very durable, parts are very affortable and the car is easy to drive. For motors, use novarossi base engines. I like to use the rex line, very fast, reliable and easy to tune. Tires, Use twister they are the best for the money. Kawahara makes the best tire but to much $$$. Well, I hope this helps.
rc racing dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 08:49 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Check out some used sedans. You can usually get a pretty good deal on a used sedan with a bunch of spares, some tires and an engine. This should be more than enough support for a season, if not, it will be a good start towards putting a good 1:10th program together.
You dont have to go latest and greatest, there are some pretty good 710s and Mtx-3's out there that are a year or so old that will be very competitive cars still.
The upside to buying used, is that your dollar will go further than it would new.
Its usually a good idea to find out what the locals are running, so that if you need help, or a part, there will be someone there for you.

Good luck finding what you are looking for.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:11 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogreasurada
Currently I'm running a 950R. But I began having a little trouble to keep it running ($$ wise). And seeing so many new advanced sedans coming out gives me itches to try one out. But before I decide anything I just want to hear some advices regarding on maintainence (mostly $$ and durability of parts) and tire wear about 1/10 sedans. Thanks.
I have a almost brand new Serpent 710 on EBAY with awhole bunch of brand new spare parts and about 20 sets of brand new tires and 2 engines check it out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1
Old 11-09-2005, 06:51 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc racing dude
For what car to choose, My choice is the kyosho v-one rrr wc kit, very very durable, parts are very affortable and the car is easy to drive.:
Yep got to agree with the RRR being a very durable car....not to mention VERY competitive
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 06:53 PM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
if you are tight on budget, RD Logics Mongoose/G4 Evo is also a good choice too
Car Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 06:55 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Wow, thank you all so much for the comments! I just want to have a general idea of what it is like to run a sedan. Which car to get I guess that will be mostly based on what my LHS can offer hehe. Time to feed my piggy bank so more!
Old 11-09-2005, 07:02 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Breaker
if you are tight on budget, RD Logics Mongoose/G4 Evo is also a good choice too
Yeah, that car looks as attractive as those from the big "K, M, and S". And my LHS carries TONS of BLING BLINGs (i mean options) from K factory for that car too . But I will still have to wait for my piggy bank to get more fat first.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:43 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic

One noob question, is 1/10 generally easier to drive than 1/8 since it's a little slower? And how about parts maintainance compared to 1/8?
Old 11-09-2005, 07:56 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Quote:
One noob question, is 1/10 generally easier to drive than 1/8 since it's a little slower? And how about parts maintainance compared to 1/8?
i have never drive 1/8 , but when speaking about driving i don't think it really matters what car..if u r fast ur fast....there r drivers driving both scale and perform well or equally from both scales..its really up to the driver itself , once u get the hang of anything u'll drive good ... and as for parts i'm sure it's less than 1/8..imo..thanks
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:15 PM   #11
Tech Adept

Touring cars may be a little easier to drive when they are set up right.I think touring cars are little harder to get dialed in, there are many adjustments you have to make to get to that point of easy driving. Both cars demand maintence, alot depends again on driving style, track surface, ect. Parts cost will depend on what type of car you choose. Like I said before I like the kyosho rrr wc, The best car period. Save your money, buy new, and buy the best. You will not need to buy any after market hop-ups, everything you need is already in the kit. Don't choose a car, just because your LHS has it in stock, And don't buy a used car, unless you know how well it was taken care of. Good luck in your 1/10 th racing adventure.
rc racing dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:35 PM   #12
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I race 1/10 & 1/8. I find 1/8 cheaper to run apart from the initial purchase. 1/8 is also easier to drive fast. The window of a good setup on a tourer is much smaller.
soc123_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:55 PM   #13
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by soc123_au
I race 1/10 & 1/8. I find 1/8 cheaper to run apart from the initial purchase. 1/8 is also easier to drive fast. The window of a good setup on a tourer is much smaller.
Ooo, could you give a little more detail about how 1/8 is cheaper to run? thx.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:59 PM   #14
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to MRX_joe21

It depends on your taste.If you really want something supersonic car and easy to drive. Easy to maintence. Go to 1/8 scale. More fun than 1/10 scale. Like what i said. Once you drive your 1/8 scale you never drive your 1/10 scale anymore. Trust me...Its more fun like to push hard
MRX_joe21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:08 PM   #15
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to MRX_joe21

Before drving the mugen MRX-4 I only occasionally run 1/10 - 1/8 on road, but after racing this machine, Im hooked on this segment and trying to figure out to save some money for tires and fuel. Mugen kits easy to build VERY EASY and so easy to drive than 1/10 scale out of the box. Any experienced racer involed in or looking to get into, 1/8 on road racing will have a fun time behind the wheel and have the competitive machine necessary to take home a win lol...
MRX_joe21 is offline   Reply With Quote