Like Tree68Likes

Mugen MRX6

Old 11-30-2018, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml View Post
Not like anyone has ever accused you of cheating
i always do one cheat well we never tech Races but I run my car with the weight it is I never add weights when at a teched race I am always legit
jiml likes this.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ralphierace13 View Post

i always do one cheat well we never tech Races but I run my car with the weight it is I never add weights when at a teched race I am always legit
Swet
Old 12-23-2018, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

did u guys using shim under the front upper arm holder like salvens did on his video? is it improve any mugen cars here?
thx
Old 12-23-2018, 06:24 AM
Tech Champion

The MRX6 does not need any shimming, the hinge pin is locked by 2 screws with which you can position the hinge pin up and down.
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Default MRX6R

I was thinking of upgrading from the 6 to the 6R but where i race here in Australia all the blokes that upgraded to the 6R have all gone back to the 6 claiming the 6 is much better than the 6R and was l wondering has anyone else experienced this.
Old 01-05-2019, 02:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jawelsh View Post
Swet
most guys here with the r love it over the 6, I just built the r but wont be able to test it till spring. I am praying its better then the 6 I hated the 6, and if the r is no good im going back to the 5 !!!

Old 01-07-2019, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

the R is more stable and willing to turn. i love the R better than, never wanted to switch back.
also, the latest endbell is also better. i still remembered that the previous endbell, it was broken into 2 pieces at some stage of using, the portion with 2 pinions as a piece while the lower part stayed intact with engine.
the only bad thing is the revised radio plate, it is for high traction track and relatively fragile. i broke it after "flying" a chicane. i heard from my LHS that a lot of people broke it.

if your track is not a high traction one. i will suggest to add the "V" brace to reinforce it. there is also a newer shape by "yugurix", the mechanic of mr. shoki, the lastest all japan 1/8 national champion 2018
YURUGIX-???????????????????
Old 01-07-2019, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by choisan View Post
the R is more stable and willing to turn. i love the R better than, never wanted to switch back.
also, the latest endbell is also better. i still remembered that the previous endbell, it was broken into 2 pieces at some stage of using, the portion with 2 pinions as a piece while the lower part stayed intact with engine.
the only bad thing is the revised radio plate, it is for high traction track and relatively fragile. i broke it after "flying" a chicane. i heard from my LHS that a lot of people broke it.

if your track is not a high traction one. i will suggest to add the "V" brace to reinforce it. there is also a newer shape by "yugurix", the mechanic of mr. shoki, the lastest all japan 1/8 national champion 2018
YURUGIX-???????????????????

I prefer the 6 bell I an not a fan of having 4 smaller bearings in the bell there is more bearings to chance of failing small balls are not as strong as the big ones,. I never had a problem with the 6 bell I think a lot of people over tighten the pinion gears remember the bell is aluminum I use thread lock and don't over tighten it,. also I been cutting my radio plate like that since I was running the mrx4!! in all the years I broke one, see the 6 and 6r are made to be really stiff because ever since euro tracks have went with no tire sauce allowed and they don't spray the tracks anymore u don't want a flexing car u want it stiff to drive those tires in the ground, here in the us I have to loosen this r up to make it flex because we spray the track and use sauce so the open radio plate really don't make sense it allows flex and with the way they made the 6 and 6r to be so stiff I don't know y they did that but it is what it is I never used anything else but mugen and always have been happy !!

Old 01-07-2019, 11:39 AM
Tech Champion

Aluminium does get weak when it is overheated. When you had issues with the clutch running with a lot of slip then it is wise not to re-use the bell but throw it away.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ran my 6 this past Saturday at the track and wow I was impressed. Nothing like 1/8 onroad, pure adrenaline.
ralphierace13 likes this.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by HSV427 View Post
I was thinking of upgrading from the 6 to the 6R but where i race here in Australia all the blokes that upgraded to the 6R have all gone back to the 6 claiming the 6 is much better than the 6R and was l wondering has anyone else experienced this.
What are the reasons for the claim that the 6 is better than the 6R? What kind of track is it?
Old 01-11-2019, 07:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tq23 View Post

i just got a new kit with the V3 chassis. yes, there is an updated chassis for the mrx. i kinda saw yurugi handing out new chassis to Jap mugen customers after the worlds. made an enquiry with a mugen dealer and made sure i get the new chassis with my order.

basically the carbon middle section that they used in the worlds is full aluminium but the rear remained unchanged (instead of narrower).
Did the original MRX-6 have 2 or 3 chassis before the R?
Old 01-11-2019, 06:22 PM
Who
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by GAMER View Post
Did the original MRX-6 have 2 or 3 chassis before the R?
It had two Chassis

DonWho ???
Old 01-11-2019, 09:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Who View Post

It had two Chassis

DonWho ???
OK, so what did the other poster mean by V3 chassis? Did he mean the R chassis?
Old 01-11-2019, 11:00 PM
Who
Tech Apprentice

I believe they had a prototype Chassis before the R came out.

Thats is the only thing I can think of.