Like Tree108Likes

Mugen MRX6

Old 11-27-2018, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Well, the explenation is very simple.
For many years (as long as I race, and that is long) we have the rule that saucing is forbidden. About 10 years ago it came out that it was the secret of many European top drivers because it could not be detected. So it went open to do so but many drivers (even those top drivers who has done it) complained about the work, the costs and the inconsistence that treating tires gives so saucing was forbidden again. Sadly the only way to control it is handout.......
We have runned nationals with own rires w/o saucing but on the track with all the experience we have gathered it was clear who did not comply to the rule of no saucing but no way to prove it, so thats why handout.....
so then really you guys never were an open class, I get it, 8th scale with restrictions.
GrandeGixxer likes this.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ralphierace13 View Post
so then really you guys never were an open class, I get it, 8th scale with restrictions.
Isn't it with many restrictions? Engines may not have more than 3.5cc, cars may not be wider than 267mm and higher than 180mm, tank not larger than 125cc etc.

So no tire treatment as with many motorsports it is forbidden. I have no problem if the choice is open, I have made a machine in the past and the extra costs and work is pinuts but I do understand and do love the idea of no treatment more. It does give more focus on driving and the setup and there is less wear on the belts, shafts, gears and clutches.
The only bad thing is that the handout comes with only one chosen shores and size, no way to alter that.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Isn't it with many restrictions? Engines may not have more than 3.5cc, cars may not be wider than 267mm and higher than 180mm, tank not larger than 125cc etc.

So no tire treatment as with many motorsports it is forbidden. I have no problem if the choice is open, I have made a machine in the past and the extra costs and work is pinuts but I do understand and do love the idea of no treatment more. It does give more focus on driving and the setup and there is less wear on the belts, shafts, gears and clutches.
The only bad thing is that the handout comes with only one chosen shores and size, no way to alter that.
I was thinking of the roar rules because they don't mention about additives to the foam tires, and when we mod the motor we not making a bigger cc then 3.5?

Old 11-27-2018, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ralph, did you ever wonder why the nearest real 1/8 nitro track to NYC is Ohio?

Roelof, take it easy on him. He's got a really bad case of nitro withdrawal.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

itís called jealously
jiml likes this.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:28 AM
Tech Champion

and when we mod the motor we not making a bigger cc then 3.5?
No, the volume of an engine is just calculated by the volume difference between the piston at BDC and at TDC, modding an engine does not give any changes to the bore and stroke.
Jakerz00 likes this.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Your assuming how many teched races have u ever seen them take the head off the motor and look inside like u said people didnít know for years that the proís were saucing donít assume itís not a bored out motor inside matter of fact I have personally seen it done.::
Old 11-27-2018, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

that's my only problem with rules roelof is they are not all enforced and still with enforcing some rules its very easy to cheat but it is what it is ....
Old 11-27-2018, 01:32 PM
Tech Champion

True!
I also have the idea that rules should make sense and should be able to be checked/controled. Over here engines may be opened to check the bore/stroke but is never done. Even on larger races like the ENS and EC's it is never done. Once on the saturday we have played with a inspection camera to look inside exhausts for modifications because some people were making a lot of noise with their engines. Funny enough on the Sunday they all had a normal level of noise.
The inspection itself is not always needed but showing that you can do the inspection is enough.

For the tire treatment it is clear that there is no simple way to chek. There are some tools to check chemicals but that will not see pure naturals oils for saucing. Preventing tire sauce can only be done with an handout.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

I agree except if one thing tire sauce can only work 2 ways put on right before u race in which case it will be wet no matter what u use, or it is put on in advance like a week before to dry and when it drys itís tacky if it is not tacky at all it would never work it had to have some degree of tackiness there is no such sauce that has no tackiness and is dry that heats up and adds grip it just donít work like that and I have tried 95% of them. So if they check before they go out they can tell !! My point is u practice for years with a certain tires that works for u because tires are different and your car is set up to those tires now u habe to take a handout tire u are not used to !! Cause like some tire width is 59mm Amd I seen some at 61mm wide thatís 4mm overall and now u got to adjust your track width that u have not practice on thatís not right !!
Old 11-27-2018, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

too bad GT class killed 1/8 GP class here,,
i think we have to keep 1/8 GP alive,, coz its the roots of onroad rc racing..
glad to read all u guys posted and to know its still a popular class there
Jakerz00 likes this.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:51 AM
Tech Rookie

1/8 GT is kind of like Short-Coarse trucks, both kind of killed off a classic class, lol. IDK I'm old school when it comes to RC, I don't think ready to run anything should exist, if you can't build the car yourself or with friends/parent then the hobby isn't for you, lol.

Jake
Old 11-28-2018, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

I just like the cheating part so when u are like a sec a lap faster then everyone and they go home think they really suck and how did u get so fast!! lol
Old 11-28-2018, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jakerz00 View Post
1/8 GT is kind of like Short-Coarse trucks, both kind of killed off a classic class, lol. IDK I'm old school when it comes to RC, I don't think ready to run anything should exist, if you can't build the car yourself or with friends/parent then the hobby isn't for you, lol.

Jake
unfortunately what 1/8 GT killed off was Rallye Game, which were basically 1/8 IC Open Cars (Belt Drive 2spd etc) with 1:8 Buggy axles and Buggy Wheels with Street Tires... This class had been around for a while. I used to race a Teknokit TKR back in the day in Italy. Then GT was born out of converted 1/8 Buggies.

1:8 IC biggest killer is lack of interest from the younger racers, who are too intimidated by the complexity of it, its too hard for them... and they do not have the patience to apply themselves.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just like the cheating part so when u are like a sec a lap faster then everyone and they go home think they really suck and how did u get so fast!! lol
Not like anyone has ever accused you of cheating

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.