Great Deal!

Old 10-31-2005, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Default Great Deal!

My friend just went into our LHS and found himself a good looking nitro car. He used to be into electric off-road, but then he decided to spend his money elsewhere. Recently, I managed to get him back into the hobby by showing him all the cool new stuff that has been introduced into this hobby. When he went into that hobby shop he walked away with a $25 Yokomo GT4 RTR nitro touring car. The stock Yokomo YZ-18 was messed up, but as payment for fixing it and reinstalling a new engine and parts I get a free YZ-18! Yesterday I put the new clutch on the new Megatech .16 engine he got in trade for his old T3, and today I will put on the linkages and tubing. After the motor is mounted it will be mostly ready to go. What he didn't know is that he needed a pipe to go with the engine (The trashed YZ-18 didn't have one) and a front stub axle. The axles are around $15.99 and after that he's all set to go!

For $25 he bought a Yokomo GT4 (Still relativly new...no major scratches and hardly any chassis wear), a brand new Megatech Q16 1+ HP engine, a Hitech radio with servos, and a spare engine that now belongs to me!

The YZ-18 I get out of the deal is still in good condition, actually all it needed is a good cleaning. It was gummed up and the bearings were extremely clogged with gelled fuel. After a rebuild I found that it still has great pinch and excellent compression.

So...what do you guys think of this sweet deal?
Old 10-31-2005, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So...what do you guys think of this sweet deal?

I'll give you 26 dollars for it if I can hear it run.....
Old 10-31-2005, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

I hope your kidding.

This is a very cool car. I'm sure when it's done my friend will love it!
Old 11-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i hope the items you got are not "hot".... but then again, who cares, it's a great deal! but if someone was to say it was theirs before, then point him/her to whoever sold you the item
Old 11-01-2005, 03:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Still a great deal even if it doesnt run.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

I couldn't find a header so I made a free flowing one out of copper pipe and parts from a T-MAXX exhaust. It flows a lot better than I thought and actually beat my expectations. I kept it simple and made the exhaust flow only in the directions it needed to to make it work. I took the hearer flange and built my own header from there.

I don't think it's stolen, because by the looks of it I would have to say a newbie had it for about 3 weeks before smashing into something and breaking off the front stub axle. He probably thought these were like the toy cars, with non replacable parts because there were a lot of trivial parts that were broken and mangled that needed to be fixed. The front body post is one of them, and the RC pack caddy is another. The chassis still isn't scuffed that bad so whoever had it didn't have it long.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:56 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Platinum_Racing
a brand new Megatech Q16 1+ HP engine
Please forget about the +1 HP off this engine.....
Please check: http://www.nitrodynesystems.com/
for better figures......
Old 11-02-2005, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Actually it was the M16. I don't really like it, but I guess it does it's job. It started to break in great, but now it's really tempermental. The idle is uneven, and it sways about 2,000 RPM at a time. It also siezed 3/4 of the way through the first tank! I had to take the sleeve out and wipe it down. I had to make my newbie friend an exhaust header which works great, and it's purple. It's nice and free flowing and matches right up with the CVEC pipe. I'll post pics if anyone is interested!