Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gettin an onroad

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 05:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Gettin an onroad

Is Serpent 733 TE an OK deal for $180 NIB?

Or are there better alternatives. I'm tired of wrenching busted rollers, want something new. Just for personal speedruns on clean roads. Just want something upgraded to start with, I thought it looked nice and seems to still be spares for it.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

for the price thats pretty sweet... replacing belts and such should be easy.. as thats the first thing to consider.. in a 2nd hand kit.. unless its a spare brand new kit from a racers car stash.. do you see yourself taking it to the track at one point or is it just going to be a street racer.. then for the price.. you cant beat it.. esp with a serpent.. or any well built race kit.

ebay and google around to see any left over parts that someone would have or a kit for spares..

other wise id wait and get a up to date kit for piece of mind..

even the 235mm class from the early 2000s still have cars and parts around but arent easy always to get.. ie..

wish you the best. enjoy..

i was a street racer and i can only wish i had a serpent for a street race set up..

so the question is .. will you have money coming in for a updated kit that you can take to the track and race and gear for speed runs? , or do you want just a kit to push to the limits and experiment with.. then mabe get a updated race kit..
Old 09-10-2015, 04:11 AM
Tech Initiate

I just went for it. Actually got a 966 TE as well for the same price. Both new in box. 5mm 7075-T6 chassis is rather awesome. There's some added size to it as well which I'll like.

It's from an out-of-business Serpent dealership where I'll probably hoard some spare parts as well so I'll be covered a while to come. Typical things like the belts.

It'll be mostly street racing and runs just to have something fun to tinker with, there's just something in me that refuses RTR stuff. I like to find a middle path to good quality without having to go bleeding edge, but I'd probably do that in competition. Closest track around here though is 1:8 buggy for now. But I'll have big fun just getting together with people and do some casual street runs.

Thanks for replying.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:16 AM
Tech Adept

ok awesome.. enjoy!