R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-29-2002, 01:08 AM   #46
Tech Master

Default Nitro-Joe

You crack me up.........................there was a time when like all married men (well some of us) when I had to beg for r/c money and then one day I had a fleeting thought (i dont have many).............Get her into the sport!...... guess what.......no more begging (well not for r/c stuff anyway but thats another story) and the best part is most of the parts for my v-one-rr are the same as her v-one-s so I buy parts and tell her they are for her but really.......well you get the picture.
Remember...alls fair in love and nitro.

GT

Attached Images
File Type: jpg imashowoff.jpg (93.6 KB, 86 views)
squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 02:32 AM   #47
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to icon

Quote:
Originally posted by V-One S
Icon: Squizzy Taylor said it could be done and gave me the part numbers, thanks any way.

Do you think it will have a dramatic effect on rear end stability down the straight away?
there was a long debate on the effectiveness of the floating rear pod. it seems the general accord is it benefits the car the most when used with a lola and other can am styel bodies and less effective in regular touring bodies (e.i stratus).
icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 02:41 AM   #48
Tech Master

Well, I don't know about that. Could you explain that to me.

However, I do know of a situation when it would be best for a touring car body. This is when both of your rear wheel wells have cracks going up them. One race I saw this guy with this problem and at high speeds, it looked like the rear end and the wing were having a seizure. it was moving up and down so fast, and it was hitting the ground and the guys tires so it looked like the movement of a jackhammer. He couldn't keep the car under control . In this case, a body mount like this would prevent a lot of that movement and let him get a better qualifier.
( but duct tape does wonders )
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 03:20 AM   #49
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to V-One S

Sorry, but i'll stick with me Supra and Commodore VT shells.

thanks for the info
V-One S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 03:59 PM   #50
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
http://www.yp.com.hk/hecharmony/

this one is more secure. it has a physical shop and it accepts paypal as well.

email Mr. Lam if you need anything.
Hi Manticore,
Could you show me how to do a PayPal @ the site? I went there and did not see anything where I can select a item and for it.
Thanks, pls hurry can not wait to get the V1RR for early Xmax
NitroJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 04:11 PM   #51
Tech Adept

Default Re: Nitro-Joe

Quote:
Originally posted by squizzytaylor
You crack me up.........................there was a time when like all married men (well some of us) when I had to beg for r/c money and then one day I had a fleeting thought (i dont have many).............Get her into the sport!...... guess what.......no more begging (well not for r/c stuff anyway but thats another story) and the best part is most of the parts for my v-one-rr are the same as her v-one-s so I buy parts and tell her they are for her but really.......well you get the picture.
Remember...alls fair in love and nitro.

GT

I am going to get the V1RR sometime this week. I will give her my RS4 3 TypeSS and let her play w/ the car and hope she'll in to Nitro
NitroJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 09:52 PM   #52
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to icon

When i say rear pod i dont mean rear pods in general but the one specifically in the RR. Its designed so that the body mount is linked to the inner plastic camber rod end. This allows for camber adjustments without touching the pivotballs. Serpent's design has a solid upper camber suspension arm and the body mount is linked directly to the hub, which is more effective IMO. So what is the point of all this? Try pushing down on your RR's rear pod, and you'll still notice some suspension travel. If you push down on rear pods of MRX3 or Vectors you'll notice that the suspension does not move.

A body with high rear downforce wings like Lola's they are indeed useful, but some touring car bodies dont have huge wings that would have a need for it.

Im2lazy: yes, in your friends case, he could definitely use a floating rear pod.
icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 10:01 PM   #53
Tech Master

Wink

It'd be a little less hack!

i see your point.
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote