R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-26-2005, 09:03 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)
Default hudy help

alright so i can't afford to get a hudy setup system for my 1/8 on road car and i'm trying to set it up similar to some of the other guys cars out there. my question is with the blocks on in place of the wheels, how high off the ground/table do they elevate the hubs? basically just the measurement from the ground/table to the center of the hub. thanks and hopefully i can actually get a hudy setup soon.
Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 10:00 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default set up

If you can't get the entire set up board which I don't have, at least you should get the droop guages. the rest of the set up you can do with a straight edge alum. ruler and and camber guage. I have always only used these tools. Usually you can find someone to do the set up for you on a board at you local track. Once they do that for you, you use your straight edge along the outside of the wheels and see where they line up to. I did my usual set up with the ruler and just to see if i was doing it right i borrowed a set up board and it was all correct except 1 degree of camber. I'll try to give you the measurement for the droop when i get the car out tomorrow good luck Peter
Old 10-26-2005, 10:04 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb

what 1/8 scale is it
Old 10-27-2005, 09:19 AM   #4
Tech Master

Default hudy help

i'm running the delta xp4 with a rody roem modified c5. i know i can figure out the droop setting on my own, but when these other guys are setting their ride height, their donig it with the hudy pieces on the hubs in place of the tires/wheels. so i need to know how high to elevate my hubs in order to measure my ride height.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:23 AM   #5
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdtch
i'm running the delta xp4 with a rody roem modified c5. i know i can figure out the droop setting on my own, but when these other guys are setting their ride height, their donig it with the hudy pieces on the hubs in place of the tires/wheels. so i need to know how high to elevate my hubs in order to measure my ride height.
I measure the ride height with the tires on not the hudy gauges. I run the xp 4 and usually run about 6.5mm in the rear and 6mm in the front.
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 09:25 AM   #6
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Scottsdale?

Spdtch where are you running your XP4? I go to Cali about once a month to race. How long have you lived in AZ?
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 09:37 AM   #7
Tech Master

Default xp4

i actually just moved to arizona from seattle washington. i've raced 1/8 scale and for about 10 years now. started out back in the day with the original BMT. i haven't raced in the last couple years because i've been in school but now that i'm done i'd really like to get back into and i'm trying to find a place in arizona that i can do so. since apparently nobody runs them around here i'm also trying to see if there is enough guys that want to run in az for us to get a track and a club together. we've got the best weather for running them right now so why not take advantage of it.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:49 AM   #8
Tech Adept

Default Hudy Set-up System

I will sell you my Hudy Set-up System, including the plastic blocks(all nine pieces), the metal blocks to go under the chassis and the droop guage for $70.00. All of these items are genuine Hudy.

I have two sets and have no need for both.
r1sportbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 03:45 PM   #9
Tech Master

Default !

will it work on my xp4? if so you've got yourself a deal!
Old 10-27-2005, 07:47 PM   #10
Tech Adept

That's what I have the Kyosho Evolva, which is the same as the XP4 for all intensive purposes.

PM me and I'll send you my info.
r1sportbike is offline   Reply With Quote