Absolute fastest rtr rc on road nitro ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Absolute fastest rtr rc on road nitro ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 06:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Absolute fastest rtr rc on road nitro ?

Anybody know what is the absolute with no exceptions fastest rtr rc on road nitro. Thanks

Can be gasoline
Old 07-03-2015, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gman1215
Anybody know what is the absolute with no exceptions fastest rtr rc on road nitro. Thanks

Can be gasoline
the traxxas 4tec i believe. you can get alot more speed easyer and quicker running electric tho
Old 07-17-2015, 04:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The 4tec will be the fastest you can buy now and another plus is that since its a Traxxas, you can buy parts almost anywhere. The only upgrade I'd consider when you buy, is yank off the stock wheels and run foams.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey GT100 I've read a few of your posts and seen your youtube runs and respect your experience. I'm new to onroad coming from offroad - mostly bashing around. Was wondering what kit you'd recommend to build a speed machine from the ground up. Taking a break from sand and dirt cleaning and thinking of challenging the asphalt with rubber (or foam) instead.

Want something with a strong drivetrain and chassis. Preferably good part support as well. And, not over the top expensive... But I won't cheap out either if need be.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Corvinus
Hey GT100 I've read a few of your posts and seen your youtube runs and respect your experience. I'm new to onroad coming from offroad - mostly bashing around. Was wondering what kit you'd recommend to build a speed machine from the ground up. Taking a break from sand and dirt cleaning and thinking of challenging the asphalt with rubber (or foam) instead.

Want something with a strong drivetrain and chassis. Preferably good part support as well. And, not over the top expensive... But I won't cheap out either if need be.
It's quite difficult to make the nitro faster than the electric . But I've only seen 4tecs and hpi rs4 2 (with the belts) create serious speed
Old 07-19-2015, 04:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by illmatic94
It's quite difficult to make the nitro faster than the electric . But I've only seen 4tecs and hpi rs4 2 (with the belts) create serious speed
Yeah maybe I'll just go that route. See how far I can push a non-competitive kit. Just don't wanna pour too much money into something cheap just to end up at a price point where I could have gotten a better kit out of a box.

I just would like to see how fast I can make an onroad go. Not really sure about nitro or electric yet, but I'm leaning towards nitro. I just want to choose a platform and take it from there. I don't care if I won't beat an electric setup, I just wanna see how fast I can get my kit to go and continue beat my own records. I'm just thinking nitro would make the experience a bit richer, as speed runs is something I wouldn't mind tinkering and preparing for. And I like that stuff if I have the time for it.

Cost wise, engines seem to run about the same price as a good ESC nowadays. And I like fuel better than I like batteries... In danger to seem like a wuss, LiPos tend to make me nervous.
Old 07-19-2015, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Yeah maybe I'll just go that route. See how far I can push a non-competitive kit. Just don't wanna pour too much money into something cheap just to end up at a price point where I could have gotten a better kit out of a box.

I just would like to see how fast I can make an onroad go. Not really sure about nitro or electric yet, but I'm leaning towards nitro. I just want to choose a platform and take it from there. I don't care if I won't beat an electric setup, I just wanna see how fast I can get my kit to go and continue beat my own records. I'm just thinking nitro would make the experience a bit richer, as speed runs is something I wouldn't mind tinkering and preparing for. And I like that stuff if I have the time for it.

Cost wise, engines seem to run about the same price as a good ESC nowadays. And I like fuel better than I like batteries... In danger to seem like a wuss, LiPos tend to make me nervous.
Lol coming from a guy that has both nitro and brushless kits.... The brushless will always be faster.get to top speed faster etc. it's artificial speed. I have an X-ray nt1 with an os.18tz btw
Old 07-20-2015, 12:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by illmatic94
Lol coming from a guy that has both nitro and brushless kits.... The brushless will always be faster.get to top speed faster etc. it's artificial speed. I have an X-ray nt1 with an os.18tz btw
NT1 along MTX-6, 748 are top-end choices I've gathered. I've seen that engine recommended elsewhere too, thanks. I don't understand the point with your post other than that. Why lol? Was my question unintentionally funny somewhere? And what do you mean by artificial speed?

I know electric can bring more speed than nitro, but that might just make nitro even more interesting and challenging. I'm not looking to break world records, just taking something as far as I can push it and have fun while doing it. It's kind of up in the air for me on fun factor. I like watching temps, configuring ESC, volts and current draw about as much as I like tuning engines and watching those temps too, both takes attention and skill. But when taking things to their limit, engines has always been more fun and responding for me offroad while electric setups have been either hit-that-limit and burn or take it careful, which makes it a bit more nerdy than mean. I prefer mean. While I'm very aware that an overpowered electric setup can bring huge awesomeness in its own right, it's kind of more fun to me to push something that might not supposed to be that powerful, to unexpected results. Nitro and engines in general seems more forgiving there. I'll have more fun repairing a conrod or whatever else in an engine than replacing a crispy ESC and whatever else melted.

My point is, an electric setup is rather predestined to perform a certain level. While an engine is more up in the air on how well you can push it to go as it's mechanical by nature and the tuning involved has more dynamic variables. In my mind, that brings potentially more satisfying content to the hobby. Unless I just wanna go quickly outside and immediately go fast, of course.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:24 AM
Tech Lord

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...ro-rc-car.html
Old 07-20-2015, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

NT1 along MTX-6, 748 are top-end choices I've gathered. I've seen that engine recommended elsewhere too, thanks. I don't understand the point with your post other than that. Why lol? Was my question unintentionally funny somewhere? And what do you mean by artificial speed?

I know electric can bring more speed than nitro, but that might just make nitro even more interesting and challenging. I'm not looking to break world records, just taking something as far as I can push it and have fun while doing it. It's kind of up in the air for me on fun factor. I like watching temps, configuring ESC, volts and current draw about as much as I like tuning engines and watching those temps too, both takes attention and skill. But when taking things to their limit, engines has always been more fun and responding for me offroad while electric setups have been either hit-that-limit and burn or take it careful, which makes it a bit more nerdy than mean. I prefer mean. While I'm very aware that an overpowered electric setup can bring huge awesomeness in its own right, it's kind of more fun to me to push something that might not supposed to be that powerful, to unexpected results. Nitro and engines in general seems more forgiving there. I'll have more fun repairing a conrod or whatever else in an engine than replacing a crispy ESC and whatever else melted.

My point is, an electric setup is rather predestined to perform a certain level. While an engine is more up in the air on how well you can push it to go as it's mechanical by nature and the tuning involved has more dynamic variables. In my mind, that brings potentially more satisfying content to the hobby. Unless I just wanna go quickly outside and immediately go fast, of course.
I see your point there. I wouldn't use the race kits because the chassis is very tight. And gearing is limited.(I can't find gears) the other kits have a much lower gear ratio.