Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
What does 1/8 onroad 4WD Open need to grow? >

What does 1/8 onroad 4WD Open need to grow?

What does 1/8 onroad 4WD Open need to grow?

Old 05-22-2015, 07:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Over the last few years I've loaned out many 2wd pan cars. There is one right now in the hands of a father (4wd) and son (8 years old). While a pan car breaks like any RC car, it's lower powered motor and limited traction allows it to take a beating, thus more track time for the driver. IMHO, it's what 4wd needs to grow.

If any of you can make it to a Toledo 1/8th Racers race, I'll loan you a pan car so you can get a fell for the fun they are.

The idea of this being a beginners class is wrong as many racers will enjoy the lower work load while still having a blast. Other will learn allot for less and then move up to 4wd.

The pan car and 4wd share a common lay out, touch in the wrong place, you get burned, us same starter box, fuel the same, same wheels and rear tirers. They compare much more closely then any other can. Thus the pan is the ideal training class for 4wd. Anything else is more like a distraction from 4wd.
More clubs need someone like Das 1/8th Mopar, I cant thank him enough for helping me get off to a awesome summer. Because of his support in the pan car class, I am able to have fun and actually learn how to drive. More clubs should follow his blueprint to attracting new members. Thank you Sir.