Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Mugen Seiki Racing's Nitro MGT7

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

According to mugen's Facebook page the pictures of Robbie's car it has an LRP 4 port buggy motor in it!!!! Making me wonder if is really that or a prototype???
Old 05-08-2015, 01:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up The Real Deal

Originally Posted by 1966ss
According to mugen's Facebook page the pictures of Robbie's car it has an LRP 4 port buggy motor in it!!!! Making me wonder if is really that or a prototype???
The LRP engine is actually a 3 port engine. The pictures on facebook are pictures of my car and Robbie Collins's car. These are the actual MGT7 vehicles that we raced with. We qualified and raced the main event with the same LRP engine (ZZ21C) in both cars!
Old 05-08-2015, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robbie C.
The LRP engine is actually a 3 port engine. The pictures on facebook are pictures of my car and Robbie Collins's car. These are the actual MGT7 vehicles that we raced with. We qualified and raced the main event with the same LRP engine (ZZ21C) in both cars!
First Congratulations on the Win! Well deserved Champ!

Just have a few questions for us slow guys, if you can answer.

What motor did you race with at Airtronics race in February?

LRP states motor is 3+1 port so 4 total?
And was your LRP modded, Factory Tuned or stock?

Most guys I talked to said they felt under powered at the Nats in GT to a select few, what's your take on that and how did the LRP perform overall (fuel milage, running temp, power band feel etc)

Thanks
Old 05-08-2015, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonylunatic

Most guys I talked to said they felt under powered at the Nats in GT to a select few, what's your take on that and how did the LRP perform overall (fuel milage, running temp, power band feel etc)

Thanks
From the video i noticed it also but consistency and trouble free race won.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jmoneym
From the video i noticed it also but consistency and trouble free race won.
I agree consistency and trouble free, always wins the race

But it never hurts to have the POWER to get out of trouble / stay away from it or help correct some mistakes. Especially in a long main.

Btw I'm not the only one curious about what I'm asking. With a very limited selection of motors for our class. One has to make a wise choice. I'm in the looking for something New mode.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Absolutely you want the most power. If look at the halfway mark you can see Rhino out driving a yellow car but the yellow car had more power.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Absolutely you want the most power. If look at the halfway mark you can see Rhino out driving a yellow car but the yellow car had more power.
video????
Old 05-09-2015, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by statton iv
video????
There's a link on the IGT8F FB page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASsLxF1WZ4M&sns=em
Old 05-10-2015, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I believe it to be a stock high end $$$ 3 port. It had everything you needed to win a national race!
Old 05-10-2015, 07:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks
Thank You!

At the Airtronics race we ran a Mugen Beat 4 port.

I just looked at the LRP box and you are correct it does say 3+1 it says 3 transfer and 1 exhaust port. Our LRP is bone stock, it was broken in right before the Winternats. We ran the same engine and pipe combo at both races.

I was really happy with the power we brought to the nationals. I do not think I was the fastest as far as engines go, but I was not the slowest. My fuel mileage was average I could go 7 min on main event tune. The power band is very smooth and consistent, I could tell you when my car was going to shift gears lap after lap. The hole package worked really well together MGT7, Flashpoint Fuel, and the LRP engine ran very fast and consistent all week.

I am having really good results with Flashpoint fuel, If you have not tried this fuel I highly recommend it!!
Old 05-10-2015, 07:17 PM
Tech Initiate

I agree consistency and trouble free, always wins the race

But it never hurts to have the POWER to get out of trouble / stay away from it or help correct some mistakes. Especially in a long main.

Btw I'm not the only one curious about what I'm asking. With a very limited selection of motors for our class. One has to make a wise choice. I'm in the looking for something New mode.
Hey Tony,

If your going to be fishing around in the Mugen forum I hope to see a MGT7 on your pit table next time we see you in LA!! I know I will see one on Pit Racers table!!

Hahahaha please don't take this seriously im just kidding around.

Robbie Cerrato
Old 05-10-2015, 07:21 PM
Tech Initiate

The yellow car was Joaquin Desoto. I don't think any of us had anything for that engine. I feel like the rest of the guys in the top 5 were really close in power.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Default It's all Good, just racing!

Originally Posted by Robbie C.
Hey Tony,

If your going to be fishing around in the Mugen forum I hope to see a MGT7 on your pit table next time we see you in LA!! I know I will see one on Pit Racers table!!

Hahahaha please don't take this seriously im just kidding around.

Robbie Cerrato

No offense taken brother. As for fishing just keeping tabs on the competition, just like everyone else. I'm sure you guys did your fair share of it too, before you decided to get into the GT8 game.

As for Pit, I'm positive he's already Mugen / LRP decked out from head to toe before the cars even released.

I loved my Mugen MTX3, when I ran 1/10 way, way back in the day. So I know what Mugens are capable of.

I really do appreciate your honest replies to my questions.

Your an awesome driver and earned your title as our National Champion. Well deserved truly.

Try to make the Byrons race it's an amazing event, you would love the competition

*Btw is that LRP, OS based? That's what I'm getting, where is it made check the box.

Thanks and see you on the track soon, hopefully.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I even got the shirt and sweatpant combo! It was a great outing for Team Mugen. See you at the next race.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
I even got the shirt and sweatpant combo! It was a great outing for Team Mugen. See you at the next race.
Will we see the new car and clothing at the Texas Biggie in a few weeks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.