Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Mugen Seiki Racing's Nitro MGT7 >

Mugen Seiki Racing's Nitro MGT7

Like Tree9Likes

Mugen Seiki Racing's Nitro MGT7

Old 10-21-2017, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

No problem. Give me a couple of hours or so and I'll post them up.

Regards
BM
Old 10-21-2017, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
No problem. Give me a couple of hours or so and I'll post them up.

Regards
BM
Nevermind, found them on eBay. Hopefully they come in faster then the shipping dates listed on eBay..
Old 10-21-2017, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scott B
Nevermind, found them on eBay. Hopefully they come in faster then the shipping dates listed on eBay..
I need to order some more too. But I do have a spare set if you need/ want to try them and yours haven't arrived by then.

Regards
BM
Old 10-21-2017, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I need to order some more too. But I do have a spare set if you need/ want to try them and yours haven't arrived by then.

Regards
BM
Great thanks, are they a direct fit or need to be modified??
Old 10-22-2017, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scott B
Great thanks, are they a direct fit or need to be modified??
Hey Scott

No. They are a direct fit, unless you want even less caster?
You may need a couple of extra arm shim's if I recall but other then that, bolt on.

I like to leave my caster at around 9 degrees (actual at wheel hub) as this create's a little more negative camber on the outer wheel when turning. This compensate's for the loss in camber due to roll/ suspension compression.

If you do the same trick with the Mugen arm's and shave some material off the front. You can get the caster down a lot more
At around 6 - 7 degrees. You will not see any camber change due to caster as the angle would then be close to king pin inclination.
On the outer wheel, if equal, one cancels the other out.
But this set up may induce some under-steer at higher speed's due to the overall reduction in camber during cornering.

Sorry. May have gone on a little

Regards
BM
Old 10-23-2017, 01:02 AM
Tech Adept

At around 6 - 7 degrees. You will not see any camber change due to caster as the angle would then be close to king pin inclination.
On the outer wheel, if equal, one cancels the other out.
But this set up may induce some under-steer at higher speed's due to the overall reduction in camber during cornering.
++....this is what you will get in the camber gain (max 20 degrees steering) when caster and SAI are the same.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Attached Thumbnails Mugen Seiki Racing's Nitro MGT7-graph.png  
Old 11-07-2017, 01:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi all.
Hopefully these photos come through.
My car almost ready to test new parts ready for the US World Nitro Cup in Florida.
Regards
BM
these are hong nor DM09 top arms. what shock risers are you using please?

cheers
Old 11-07-2017, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by goldy
these are hong nor DM09 top arms. what shock risers are you using please?

cheers
Yes they are.
I make my own part's goldy.

Regards
BM
Old 12-08-2017, 06:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Default A arm stiffener for MGT7

Anyone interest?

Last edited by Rclabhk; 12-08-2017 at 08:08 AM.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

New to the gt class, For a box stock kit, do you suggest any upgrades or modifications To the mugen gt7 ? Would the new HTD diffs help the car for on road ? thanks
Old 02-05-2018, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

It's a great car out of the box with not much needed. Here is what I would recommend:
1. While building the kit, do the castor mod to the top front arms.
2. Once the car is track ready, try out different diff fluids. This is one of the more critical things to tune.
3. Then look at the shock springs, shock oil, and sway bars.

I've had a couple race seasons on the car and it really doesn't have any weak parts that need replacing.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Would the car benefit with adding the htd doffs by mugen ? Thanks for the info 😎
Old 02-05-2018, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcmike
Would the car benefit with adding the htd doffs by mugen ? Thanks for the info ��
Hey,

I have the new HTD but haven't tried them yet. What put's me off is that they are quite a bit heavier then the stock item's. But they do build up very nice and are extremely smooth when assembled! Also, a certain Mr. Drake use's them so........... They could well be worth trying.

Try the DM-09 front upper arm's. It will save having to use the dremle on your Mugen upper arm's.
Also. As far as gearing. I would get the 44t / 13t diff' gears with 15/20 (or 19t) pinion's. Depending on how large your track is.
If you build the car light like I like to do. Then add weight where you want it (to bring the car back up to min' weight).
Try putting the weight's you use on the RR corner of the car. This is the light point and will improve cornering consistancy (right to left)

The light axle's, outdrive's and part's you can get for the car, (and from the MBX option list too) improve the car/ engine's ability to "spin-up" when accelerating. Can help a lot!

Hope that help's.

Regards
BM
Old 02-19-2018, 06:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

I've had my MGT7 for a couple weeks now and like it stock out of box. I don't race just an occasional street or parking lot run. The last RC nitro car I bought was an HPI Super RS 4. Still have it, runs fine. Also have one of the old Kyosho Nostalgia series cars ( GT-40 ). But with upgraded engines. When it comes to RC, mostly I do helis, but recently circled back to running cars. Just before the MGT7, I built an SCX10 crawler but decided I wanted to try a 1/8 Nitro so I picked the MGT7. Though I don't race, I can say it's one of the best handling cars I have stone stock. Besides the cars already mentioned, I also have a Vorza and a first run Losi XX4.

The only build issue I had was the screw hardware. Inconsistent with size. For the same size screw, most were a good fit on the driver bit, several were too loose and stripped out easily. Some had malformed heads but were still usable. If I didn't have buildititis, I would have ordered one stainless screw kits first.

As far as the MGT7 goes, what are the main wear items one might want to keep on hand, not talking crash kit but normal wear and tear? Maybe like clutch, brakes.... How long do they last? I'm running mine with a Novarossi Legend 9 port.

Joel
Old 03-21-2018, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

I'm selling my back up car, set up and ready to roll with engine and electronics.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14272890894...84.m1555.l2649

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.