Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looks good
Old 04-04-2015, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nikos2002
The information passed on to me from ARC was that they tested a version that was split, but decided to use the production version because it is more simple and stronger. Yes, there are a few more screws, but its still relatively quick and simple to do. Ultimately this was a more simple and stronger design.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, if I don't have the answers directly I will get them from ARC for you.

Nick
Hobby Authority

Thanks

to bad though as most other manufactures have this feature
Old 04-04-2015, 10:45 PM
Tech Lord

Within a few months the split bulkhead will be an option part...
Old 04-05-2015, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Roelof
Within a few months the split bulkhead will be an option part...
Indeed it is unusual that they did not have this in the Kit as this is truly becoming the industry standard. To not have it as part of the Kit is truly strange. But I guess they are focusing at a price point. I hope that this kit gets more new guys into the 1/8 gp space given its relative affordability.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Alloy bulkheads don't wear out assembling/disasembling in the same way plastic bulkheads did, so the convience of rebuilding the front end of the car with split bulkheads vs the durablility of a single piece bulk head would most likely be their consideration, making a splitbulk head wouldn't cost too much more in terms of manufacturing cost.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Why follow what everyone else does? While I freely admit, I may not be 100% sure of what each other 1/8 manufacture is doing with current designs. The thought process seems to be that its was more reliable and performance based than 2-3 minutes quicker during a teardown. Plus if its something that helps with reliability, that means less concern about having to tear it down.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Arc R8

Lots of comments, but who has actually run the car??
Old 04-06-2015, 06:55 AM
Tech Champion

At this point the car has been sold more in Europe and Asia than in the US, the 1/8 on road market is not as large... wouldn't know who uses r/c tech from that side of the pond.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nikos2002
At this point the car has been sold more in Europe and Asia than in the US, the 1/8 on road market is not as large... wouldn't know who uses r/c tech from that side of the pond.
That's my point, lots of comments from people that have obviously not run the car...
Old 04-06-2015, 07:09 AM
Tech Champion

Would love to run it.... don't have a track around to run it at, I was hoping to this summer, but local government closed down track about 1 1/2 from me.

That being said.... posted some video on Team ARC USA Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/TeamARCUsa) of some video posted from a driver in France I believe.. wish could try a track a like that in the US.

If you run 1/8 its a car to look at, its a high quality in design and parts. Parts are readily available through Hobby Authority (for hobby shops) and Hobby Square (directly to customers). On average the R8 anywhere from $80 to $200 less than other competition kits in the category, while delivering a similar level of parts value and potential performance.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kyle Hazell
That's my point, lots of comments from people that have obviously not run the car...
Hi Kyle,

How did you go over the weekend the car? And what do you think of it?
i see you placed a 3rd if I'm not mistake....well done
Old 04-06-2015, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by shiston
Hi Kyle,

How did you go over the weekend the car? And what do you think of it?
i see you placed a 3rd if I'm not mistake....well done
Hi Shiston,

The car is really good, its early days yet but the initial feel of the balance of the car is positive and it has a lot of steering which is nice to see.

Build quality is fantastic, everything fitted as it should and im looking forward to doing some more running with the car.

Sure there probably are a few very minor refinements that im sure ARC will look into as development of the car progresses, however for a starting point as a driver, you can't ask much more from a car as it ticks all the important boxes.

Regards

Kyle
Old 04-06-2015, 09:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kyle Hazell
Hi Shiston,

The car is really good, its early days yet but the initial feel of the balance of the car is positive and it has a lot of steering which is nice to see.

Build quality is fantastic, everything fitted as it should and im looking forward to doing some more running with the car.

Sure there probably are a few very minor refinements that im sure ARC will look into as development of the car progresses, however for a starting point as a driver, you can't ask much more from a car as it ticks all the important boxes.

Regards

Kyle

That's great to here. All the best with it!
Old 04-17-2015, 02:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Excellent to hear that you are running the car Kyle. I haven't seen you at any QLD state titles for sometime. Very good to see that you are back running 1/8th, I would be very interested on your take of the ARC R8.

I recently talked to Joe Patane about the car as I was thinking about changing chassis from Mugen. ( been loyal to mugen since the MRX3 days ). Would be good to see you at Brendale this year for the QLD Titles.

What's the car like round Moorebank. Can you also give us your thoughts on the durability of the car. ( how long do the belts last, pulley wear, clutch shoe wear, any problems with the bearing through out the chassis.)

Cheers
Graeme Cullen
Old 04-17-2015, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

Check it out...

http://ens.redrc.net/2015/04/chassis...-john-ermen-3/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.