R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree15Likes

Old 06-08-2016, 05:00 PM   #61
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigC2007 View Post
If this new Infinity car kit starts wining can they say its the new car kit or would it be the drivers they went out and got on their team? Like Roelof stated that the ENS series is a small group with good or top drivers and if so are the top drivers range across the board with other manufacturer teams or did Infinity grab most of them ?
I think that with the fallout of the HPI/HB, their drivers who were instrumental in chassis development just happened to be available. This was probably a good opportunity for them. Not to mention Collari who came on early with Infinity, is probably one of the best setup guru's and given his past of trying and mixing platforms probably had a ton of info to bring on. I think eventually the results will speak as to chassis vs. driver. If the guys are placing lower than in their past history it could be the chassis, and if the start placing higher then perhaps it has something to do with the chassis. It's hard to say. Look at how many different chassis Rick V. has switched to in a short span.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:30 PM   #62
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Hey Dan, does this mean you are cleaning out your Serpent inventory? What do you think of parts fitment and quality. I am curious if it's similar to Mugen (nothing wrong with them, just my preference of chassis and kits).
The fit and finish of the car are excellent. I can't really compare it to Mugen as I've never owned a Mugen. I'm very pleased and satisfied with the kit.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:07 AM   #63
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
The fit and finish of the car are excellent. I can't really compare it to Mugen as I've never owned a Mugen. I'm very pleased and satisfied with the kit.
Will we get to see it on the 25th open practice
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:21 PM   #64
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Will we get to see it on the 25th open practice
25th of June?? Yes!!!!
Old 06-25-2016, 08:01 PM   #65
Tech Elite

Car was really good for its first time out!Creation Model(CM): Infinity 1/8 Nitro On-Road Car- by Tanao Masaka & Kenji Taira-image.jpg
Old 06-26-2016, 12:59 AM   #66
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Although Motonica is still a choice the model is not changed a lot over the last year and is for the last 2 years not really changed. As I can see it is not a wanted model for the next season.
So what if the model hasn't changed in the past couple years? Is it competitive? That's the only thing that matters.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:09 AM   #67
Tech Elite

Picked up the first win in the US for my Inf1nity [ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Creation Model(CM): Infinity 1/8 Nitro On-Road Car- by Tanao Masaka & Kenji Taira-img_0033.jpg  
Old 09-22-2016, 11:51 AM   #68
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
I think IFMAR has lost touch with the racers! I'd gladly start racing again if we had something that followed the ENS format, or like Patrick Schäfer pushing the spec .21 Sonic motors to save fuel consumption and Tire wear.
The best feature of ENS is that the race is "weekend race" plus friday. Not a whole week like IFMAR. Lots of guys in Europe pic up a cheap flight and go racing. Most of the tracks they know already well, have ready working set-ups and so on. The hand out tires with ready cut dimensions and 16% Nitro also fight the cost of racing, which has become now so good that you can call 1/8 nitro on-road the most economic class to race .
raddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:13 AM   #69
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddad View Post
The best feature of ENS is that the race is "weekend race" plus friday. Not a whole week like IFMAR. Lots of guys in Europe pic up a cheap flight and go racing. Most of the tracks they know already well, have ready working set-ups and so on. The hand out tires with ready cut dimensions and 16% Nitro also fight the cost of racing, which has become now so good that you can call 1/8 nitro on-road the most economic class to race .
i partially disagree with that.
Thursday is practice day so 95% of the racer are allready there.
you can not be competitive without.
the tracks remained the same but because the tire choise is different every race there are huuuge differences in setup - and this is good.
next year there will be different tracks i think.
IMO the handout tire saved nitro racing in europe
the costs for a 4 race - series are much higher but the fun also
Old 12-11-2016, 09:57 AM   #70
Tech Elite

Team Infinity driver Jesse Davis sitting on TQ at the Nitro Cup in Kissimmee Florida with Lamberto in the 8 spot for the A main
Old 12-11-2016, 11:32 AM   #71
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddad View Post
You are giving too much credits to the ENS. For sure the 16% nitro was an EFRA rule.....
Let me also remind you that when it is too busy they shorten the lower finals a lot (in case of ETS the lower finals are 2 times runned instead of 3). Although the REDRC reports are good and well read they only go about the top heats and finals. Also for the lower finalists it would be nice to have something to read about.

Beside that, When running an Ifmar event you also get the time to do some sightseeing

If you want to give credits to real cheap racing, take a look at the German Hobbycup.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:31 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
You are giving too much credits to the ENS. For sure the 16% nitro was an EFRA rule.....
Let me also remind you that when it is too busy they shorten the lower finals a lot (in case of ETS the lower finals are 2 times runned instead of 3). Although the REDRC reports are good and well read they only go about the top heats and finals. Also for the lower finalists it would be nice to have something to read about.

Beside that, When running an Ifmar event you also get the time to do some sightseeing

If you want to give credits to real cheap racing, take a look at the German Hobbycup.
This is very true, they are at these races, because it is a more level playing field. In the days when we had magazines, there was a lot better coverage of the races, well past the c-main final. Even Starting grid had great coverage on line of lower mains (this was 1/8 onroad).

I have to commend RCmag, as they do give great coverage to their racing, and even give classes that are not so strong 1/8 Buggy 2wd and 1/8 2wd Pan Car the coverages they deserve. Heck they even race the 1:7 Kyosho Scorpion, and that gets coverage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J28cGp3JtIE
Old 12-11-2016, 03:48 PM   #73
Tech Elite

When did this become an EFRA thread
Old 12-11-2016, 05:23 PM   #74
Tech Elite

Team drivers Jesse Davis and Lamberto Collari place 2nd and 3rd at the US World Nitro Cup in Kissimmee Florida
Old 12-13-2016, 07:44 AM   #75
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
When did this become an EFRA thread
LOL.

Dan, any word on kit availability time-frame or arrival to the US shores?