Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Shepherd Velox V8 "EC" 1/8th Car >

Shepherd Velox V8 "EC" 1/8th Car

Like Tree6Likes

Shepherd Velox V8 "EC" 1/8th Car

Old 11-18-2018, 06:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I was filling the shocks to the top-which is the bottom-with oil. So, fill oil from top cap to where threads start and not all the way up. I did bleed them using the method I am used to. I will try this out the next time I rebuild them.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

delete

Last edited by BigC2007; 11-19-2018 at 12:56 PM. Reason: delete
Old 11-23-2018, 10:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone have a set up sheet for high traction. I notice most of the set up sheet online they are using mugen white springs which I would assume are a bit harder than the stock dark greens.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by invrtd View Post
Anyone have a set up sheet for high traction. I notice most of the set up sheet online they are using mugen white springs which I would assume are a bit harder than the stock dark greens.
Hello,
for high traction i recommend the setup of Shepherd Boss Patrick Schäfer at last years US Nitro World Cup in Kissimee/Florida
http://www.team-shepherd.com/pdf/201...mmee_USWNC.pdf

Old 01-13-2019, 04:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is there another thread for the V8 on rctech?
Old 01-14-2019, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

No this is the main thread...
Old 02-26-2019, 07:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Been having a great time driving my Velox V8 until a 1/5 scale parked inself in the sweeper, and I hit it full wood. Destroyed the front of the car and top deck. Gotta love it.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:53 PM
Tech Adept

Been having a great time driving my Velox V8 until a 1/5 scale parked inself in the sweeper, and I hit it full wood. Destroyed the front of the car and top deck. Gotta love it.
Thats great hope you can rebuilt it and put it back on track.

Last edited by thilo-alexander; 02-27-2019 at 12:49 AM.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

I can but let's hope the chassis didn't get bent. I ordered all the parts I think I need accept the chassis. Are the new V8.2 parts going to be compatible with the V8 WC?
Old 03-02-2019, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

I can but let's hope the chassis didn't get bent. I ordered all the parts I think I need accept the chassis. Are the new V8.2 parts going to be compatible with the V8 WC?
The new 8.2 will be the biggest change to the V8 in some time.

New chassis, front end, top plate, servo saver, etc.

The main components such as the shocks, clutch, gearbox, belts, etc will remain the same.

There will also be a full upgrade kit available.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:17 AM
Tech Adept

Team Shepherd is pleased to unveil an unfinished CAD image of our new forthcoming World and European Championship winning Velox V8.2 plattform. The image features a completely redesigned front end including new lower and upper arms, steering hubs, lower and upper hinge pin mounts as well as an aluminium servo saver and other details.The steering hubs are equipped with mounting holes for optional front carbon aerodiscs. The upper hinge pin mounts can be connected to the bulkheads to stiffen up the front suspension while the lower hinge pin mounts feature three pin positions changing the front lower arm length. Addtional setup options come in form of new lower arms which allow to change the wheel base by 2mm and also the fhe front upper arms have been updated.
With modern 1/8 race bodies getting longer and longer the front bumper has been updated to give additional support. The all new chassis plate can be equipped with optional carbon inserts to optimize the airflow on high-speed tracks. A smaller and thus lighter front aluminium servo saver and redesigned gearbox bulkheads complete the visible changes. Furthermore the kit will feature some high-end racing parts as a reverse clutch, light aluminium wheel axles and rear CVD drive-shafts.More details and features like an optional battery position / chassis weight kit will be available closer to the release which is planned for end of April.

http://www.redrc.net/2019/03/shepher...o-on-road-kit/

https://www.facebook.com/TeamShepherd/

Last edited by thilo-alexander; 03-04-2019 at 02:32 AM.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:47 AM
Tech Adept

Shepherd have introduced their new V8.2 shock absorber springs.
Able to refine the spring characteristics following numerous tests on racetracks around the world, the new springs where used for the first time at an international event at last weekend’s
EFRA GP in Vigo, Spain where team driver Toni Gruber took the win. Available now as a pair separately for the front and rear, in future they will become the kit springs for the upcoming Shepherd Velox V8.2 set to be released at the end of April.

Shepherd V8.2 shock absorber springs - Red RC - RC Car News

Old 04-07-2019, 11:48 PM
Tech Adept

Dear distributor,please find our latest news release below:

After a first teaser a few weeks ago we are happy to present a more detailled CAD images of the final design including all the new developments of the Velox V8.2.
To create this masterpiece only the best raw materials are used such as high quality 7075 T6 aluminiun, high-end composite materials, hardned steel or the well know 12.9 high strength allen screws.

The biggest changes of the model can be spotted at front end which was completely redesigned to add more setup possibilities without sacrificing the well proven geometry. The new lower wishbones can be mounted in 3 different position to adjust the arm lenght while the overall wheelbase can be changed by 2mm. The redesigned topdeck offers a completely different flex characteristic at the front end while the rear flex system has been simplified by removing the small ball bearings. The front upper hinge pin brackets can be connected to the new front bulkheads to add further flex options. The completly new designed 7075 T6 chassis plate offers additional options for carbon inserts to optimize the flex and the air flow.
Various other parts have been improved in detail suchs as the stronger gearbox bulkheads, the radioplate mount, updated front and rear shock towers, the redesigned rear body mount centering plate, the rear body mount itself, the front and rear uprights -
which can be equipped with optional carbon aero discs - and others.

To honor the world championship winning heritage of the Velox V8 plattform the latest edition includes a lot of high-end racing parts such as aluminium wheel axles with CVDs for the front and the rear, lightweight pulley adaptors, an adjustable
aluminium servo saver or the reverse clutch with an high end clutch shoe.

- new rear uprights with mounting holes for optional carbon aerodiscs
- updated rear body mount
- redesigned rear shock tower
- redesigned carbon centering plate body mount rear
- new stronger gearbox bulkheads
- new chassisplate with optional carbon inserts to optimize the airflow
- new battery mount - new radioplate mount
- new radioplate
- new complete aluminium servo-saver
- new front upper hinge pin mounts with connection to the front bulkheads
- new front bulkheads
- redesigned front shocktower
- new front upper and lower wishbones
- new front uprights
- new front downstopsystem
- new lower hinge pin brackets with excentric inserts for different arm length
- new shock springs
- new front bumper

Old 04-22-2019, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Rear Solid Axle ?

Question this is the 2nd rear solid axle that has went out on my this year, what am I doing wrong ? Took my Velox WC out after not running it for a while and notice it wasn't handling just right and when I spin the rear tries by hand I can feel them stick a little as if the rear belt or pulley is missing teeth. I check them and as for as I can see they look fine but I have not took the car apart yet but I had this problem before I it turn out my rear axle was gone.
So any advice or help would be great.

Thanks
Old 04-29-2019, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

The rear axle on a 1/8 car is one of the most high wearing parts (regardless of what brand). All the engine power is transferred to it, and when the grip is higher, the wear is faster as there is less forgiveness.

Besides using a good quality grease on the outdrives of the axle, and inspecting/replacing the pulley regularly, there is not much more you can do.

With issue, it could just be the slot that holds the pulley in place could be stripped/damaged which is probably why you can’t see it.
BigC2007 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service