Could a US Nitro Series work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Could a US Nitro Series work?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

I would have to agree with Mr. Esser's idea. I think that using existing races would be a good incentive for racers all over the country to participate in these events - especially since none of these events (to my knowledge) are ROAR sanctioned. Let's leave ROAR regulations out of this series, as it can only mean more drama (some racers who attended the Nationals at Ft. Myers may know about this). Using existing races would ensure that there would be a large turnout, thus promoting the series for future seasons. Depending on the turnout of the first series, the setup of races can be changed for the following season.

I'm sure that all of you can vouch for a safe, dependable setup by using existing races during the first series, because if the first series isn't successful (very low turnout), it would result in people losing faith in the idea of having a series, thus killing the series indefinitely - and also killing an already dying on-road scene.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

We also have to focus on getting ALL the track in a position where they can make more profit.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

My 2 cents..

First off I believe it can be done and I believe it's possible for it to happen in the near future. I think ...just my two cents..that 5 races is the max allowing one throw out. I would also have the series races fall on top of the tracks main premiere race. Reason why, the big races throughout the year are pretty spread out already. I would suggest a expert and a open class...If you want to name it A and B that works too. That way the sportsman guys can have something to fight for and get the same recognition as the the top tier drivers. I wouldn't have a master's class because it would be to many classes and the race day would take forever. It's possible and we all need to come together and work out the kinks.....I down to help out and figure out .
Old 11-19-2014, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bmain57
My 2 cents..

First off I believe it can be done and I believe it's possible for it to happen in the near future. I think ...just my two cents..that 5 races is the max allowing one throw out. I would also have the series races fall on top of the tracks main premiere race. Reason why, the big races throughout the year are pretty spread out already. I would suggest a expert and a open class...If you want to name it A and B that works too. That way the sportsman guys can have something to fight for and get the same recognition as the the top tier drivers. I wouldn't have a master's class because it would be to many classes and the race day would take forever. It's possible and we all need to come together and work out the kinks.....I down to help out and figure out .
+10
Old 11-19-2014, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

As a electric guy who now runs nitro... Do not split classes, keep it just tc, open and masters. All you have to do is look at electric. TC mod, TC 13.5, TC 17.5, usgt, vta, novice, 12th mod, 12th sportsman, 12th 13.5, 12th 17.5, 12th 21.5... Someone has to say it so here it goes. Racing at big races isn't for everyone. The people that attend these races are real and hardcore racers that love competition and competing.. That said keep you and your list of excuses at your local club and then you can all cry together. Tired of people creating new classes so that they can be competitive against other guys that aren't competitive. There is one world champion not a A champ, B champ and a I suck the least champ. If you can't handle racing with the best and enjoy it then you should run electric, I'm sure there is a class for you and if not they will create one. LEAVE NITRO ALONE
Old 11-19-2014, 03:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We have our own insurance for our track, wed be willing to be apart of what ever you guys want in Houston!
Old 11-19-2014, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J-MAN
We have our own insurance for our track, wed be willing to be apart of what ever you guys want in Houston!
Thanks Jeremy this is what exactly what is needed track owners/organizers get behind the concept then we can move forward

Not everything is perfect but we can always course correct for the 2 year

I will be discussing more in the next few weeks with manufacturers to get there support behind the series as well with others that will be in kissimmee in a couple of weeks
Old 11-19-2014, 04:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Racermac73
As a electric guy who now runs nitro... Do not split classes, keep it just tc, open and masters. All you have to do is look at electric. TC mod, TC 13.5, TC 17.5, usgt, vta, novice, 12th mod, 12th sportsman, 12th 13.5, 12th 17.5, 12th 21.5... Someone has to say it so here it goes. Racing at big races isn't for everyone. The people that attend these races are real and hardcore racers that love competition and competing.. That said keep you and your list of excuses at your local club and then you can all cry together. Tired of people creating new classes so that they can be competitive against other guys that aren't competitive. There is one world champion not a A champ, B champ and a I suck the least champ. If you can't handle racing with the best and enjoy it then you should run electric, I'm sure there is a class for you and if not they will create one. LEAVE NITRO ALONE
I guess that says it all. I was trying figure out a way to say it.
Well done.
I believe we need to keep this simple to start with, not create problems were they might not be.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by walo
I think you forgot the Nugget Greg . A 5 race series spread out over a 12 month calendar year is a great idea. Also, racers and track owners should vote on which tracks should be utilized per calendar year. If possible, every year the series is held a different group of tracks should be used. As far as rules and regulations go, we should just stick to IFMAR. However, changing the format of how we race may not increase the turnout.
Thanks for the plug Walo.
When the series takes off I'm sure the Ranch would host one, but right now I think it should be those that have supported Nitro racing over the years.
Rd 1 Winternats in March.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gesser26
Thanks for the plug Walo.
When the series takes off I'm sure the Ranch would host one, but right now I think it should be those that have supported Nitro racing over the years.
Rd 1 Winternats in March.
Just say it Greg don't hold back now
What are you saying I'm not qualified or supported Nitro in the past I disagree
There is nothing different in what you or I have done
It's not about what has taken place or supported in the past is what we can do for the future
Old 11-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Racermac73
Mike let's not forget the new nitro class that is growing 1/8Gt
Old 11-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Just say it Greg don't hold back now
What are you saying I'm not qualified or supported Nitro in the past I disagree
There is nothing different in what you or I have done
It's not about what has taken place or supported in the past is what we can do for the future
George, I absolutely meant nothing by that. Little to much thin skin for my taste.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gesser26
George, I absolutely meant nothing by that. Little to much thin skin for my taste.
Just saying
It can come across the wrong way indirectly
We can talk more over a cold one to see how we can progress the idea
See ya in a couple of weeks
Old 11-19-2014, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have no problem with the gt cars getting to race George.. And no problem with masters running ( I'm almost old enough now lol) but I do believe that the only points and championships should go to tc and open... Keep those classes as the standard that people strive to be in. GT with points and a title is the start of to many classes with e cars coming. My main attraction to nitro is knowing when I sign up for open at your track that I will get all the people to race with I want. Don't go down the same path as electric. Nitro on-road is the only form of rc racing left that isn't overloaded with classes that have small turnouts and unfair advantages of deep pockets running 7 classes for track time... Preserve the racing as it is so that the hardcore group can have something to call their own. We have already given everything else away to newbies that quit racing and left us stuck with their shit classes and rules as it is. Want to be a U.S. champion? Run open or tc. Make a title that carries value and prestige again like Cleveland did 20 years ago. Does anyone really care about a guy that wins 4 national titles in electric every year because he runs 6 classes?
Old 11-19-2014, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Just saying
It can come across the wrong way indirectly
We can talk more over a cold one to see how we can progress the idea
See ya in a couple of weeks
It didn't come across wrong. You read something that wasn't even mentioned.
There is no future unless we know the past. I don't look at this as a way to benefit myself or our track. I think I look at the big picture and based on what you said it becomes all about you and the track.
I hadn't really thought about it but now that you have mentioned it. I don't think you or I have paid our dues in this sport to have a race when there are others have done more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.