Community
Wiki Posts
Search

rs4 rtr3 wheels spinning

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 02:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default rs4 rtr3 wheels spinning

I bought a rs4 rtr3 with the nitro star 15fe engine when i start the engine the wheels spin high with fuel spitting out of carb i understand that the nitro star 15fe engine just has the high speed needle and the idle screw.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hotrob1
I bought a rs4 rtr3 with the nitro star 15fe engine when i start the engine the wheels spin high with fuel spitting out of carb i understand that the nitro star 15fe engine just has the high speed needle and the idle screw.
If you are sure there is no LSN low speed needle on the carbs throttle then you need to manage the LSN mixture using the HSN + IDLE GAP

It means you will need to close the HSN needle clockwise and lower the idle.

This is going to be quite difficult as it may also need a glow plug change to manage ignition.

Here's what I would try:

1) Remove glow plug and fuel lines and clear the engine of fuel by pullstart or starter box, replace fuel line and glow plug, do not prime.
2) Warm the engine up to 90c using a hair dryer or heat gun
3) Start the engine, it should idle high
4) Begin to lean (clockwise) HSN until idle gets higher and reduce idle
5) Rev engine for very brief period to full throttle and if HSN is too rich it will flood and die (Goto 1) If if starves of fuel raise the idle and richen (CCW) HSN

Post notes:

As I mentioned, if your glow plug is too cold for the ambient temperature and O2 levels, this may prevent you getting the engine tuned for a stable idle. I will require the HSN to be too lean and you could over heat and harm the engine.

A hotter plug will achieve an easier IDLE and I think this is most critical in a single needle engine. With what you have told us if there engine is idling high with a LOT of fuel spitting from pipe then it's likely you can get a decent idle while tuning a usable HSN. The hotter plug will allow for better combustion on a rich mixture, colder plugs need a leaner mixture as the richer mixture will stall at low revs.

h
Old 10-18-2014, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Hotrob! I have to ask! Your first Nitro RC?? Cuz, you have 2 other threads you posted, and you haven't reply at all!!! If you are new into the hobby, guys are willing to help.

15FE engine does have low idle screw(LSN), Hi-speed Needle(HSN), and Idle Speed screw. Reason why its spitting fuel out of carb, Idle speed too high, and you running rich. Your HSN is probably set at Flush with the housing. I'd ask for a photo, but you cant post photos yet, you have to have at least 10 post before you can. You buy it brand new or second hand. Do you have a manual? Goto rcdocument.com to DL manual so you will be accustom what we are talking about. With Nitro you have to tune the engine first, Really not a RTR. Takes patience.

With you not replying we cant tell what you're thinking. I don't think blis has the whole picture!! Trying to figure out on how mechanical you are. With your other threads it seems you 're a minor. Sorry if I'm upsetting you, we are on sight to help one another. One step at a time.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Geezatec
Hotrob! I have to ask! Your first Nitro RC?? Cuz, you have 2 other threads you posted, and you haven't reply at all!!! If you are new into the hobby, guys are willing to help.

15FE engine does have low idle screw(LSN), Hi-speed Needle(HSN), and Idle Speed screw. Reason why its spitting fuel out of carb, Idle speed too high, and you running rich. Your HSN is probably set at Flush with the housing. I'd ask for a photo, but you cant post photos yet, you have to have at least 10 post before you can. You buy it brand new or second hand. Do you have a manual? Goto rcdocument.com to DL manual so you will be accustom what we are talking about. With Nitro you have to tune the engine first, Really not a RTR. Takes patience.

With you not replying we cant tell what you're thinking. I don't think blis has the whole picture!! Trying to figure out on how mechanical you are. With your other threads it seems you 're a minor. Sorry if I'm upsetting you, we are on sight to help one another. One step at a time.

Tks Geez.. nps
Old 10-19-2014, 12:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Geezatec

Hi iam very new to this hobby its like being in a dark room i dont know what iam doing. the engine does come with a manual the (hsn) do not have a srcew its a thumb srcew with a marker on the side proberly letting you know that i have done a full.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Last time I seen 15FE was '06. First tell how many turns the HSN take to close( turning CW). Approx 3.5-4 turns?? 7 years aGO I had adjusted to 1.5 turns to run be tuned. I know it'll be different with you, depending of location. If you're running 3.5- 4 turns you definitely rich and blowing smoke. Turns HSN CW till smoke dissipates. RPM may rise. Turn Idle speed down, idle speed not important yet, just to keep it running. Blip the throttle, does it still run? or it bog and dies.

More info to come, Starting up little by little. Another question, where are you located??
Old 10-20-2014, 02:48 PM
Tech Rookie

neston cheshire.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Across the Pond. Its better for you to bring it back to your LHS. They'll be able to help you. Going back and forth will confuse you more.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Making farts...

http://racing.beachmums.com.au/rc-ni...de-to-farting/