Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho GX12 but no idea what car is >

Kyosho GX12 but no idea what car is

Old 09-13-2005, 04:18 PM
Tech Rookie

hi people ive just got a second hand petrol car, Kyosho GX-12 is the engine but theres no manual and ive no idea what the car model is. The shell thats with it is a 206 PUG and im not sure if its the orignal shell. If the picture ive put in works then maybe that will help someone figure out what im using.

had a few troubles with it but ive managed to get it running with out manual or help, touch wood, but it is spitting fuel out the exchust (spelling?). What id like to do is upgrade body parts like springs and oil shocks and other little parts but with no manual or make/model i dont know where to start looking. Any help giving i say thanks in advance.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:43 AM
Tech Rookie

please, any1 know what car this is? i need to know so i know what parts to look for it
Old 09-14-2005, 06:32 AM
Tech Initiate

it looks very much like a kyosho pureten alpha, i could not tell you what version though.
here is a link to the mk3 alpha kyosho pureten alpha mk3

or here

alpha instruction downloads

Last edited by MisterLister; 09-14-2005 at 06:52 AM.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:16 AM
Tech Rookie

I found it, the 206 shell is orignal, the car is a Kyosho landmax 2 peugeot 206 WRC first relised in Dec 2001 and accroding to what ive read was a very popular car. I've got it running near on perfect now, gave the old shell a new respray put some new wheels and tyres on. Did strip it right down and cleaned the whole thing, engine, gear box and anything else that could be cleaned. That made hell of a differance to how it runs and also fixed the 4WD as it was only running on 3WD when i got it. Well im happy for £50 and thats everything with it including spare servos and controller and car parts and nearly a whole bottle of fuel. Anyway new question now, is this worth spending a bit of money on upgrading, i.e thinking of getting the GS21R engine to fit on it and if i can get the parts, replacing the springs with oil dampers and wish bones and things with metal parts. If it is wheres the best place on the net to get them because i cant get spares where i am and ive been told that at the moment Kyosho dont have a UK distreputer.
(sorry about me spelling)
Old 09-15-2005, 03:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Damn what a fool i am, its not that model, i just found the manual for it and that model has a centre gear box and a few other diffrences. I cant believe it i was so close. Well looks like i still need help finding it after all. It is a Kyosho peugeot 206 mind and thats for sure, i just need full name so i can try and get the manual. any1? plz