Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Project XtremeNTC3

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

Default Project XtremeNTC3

Hello to everyone, since I am new to the forum let me introduce myself through my new project. I am rebuilding my NTC3 with a lot of hop ups the I have come across since I bought it. It has a new Novarossi S5 turbo .12 engine. AE blue anodized rear header and blue anodized AE dual chamber rear exaust pipe(w/ mod pressure fitting) New GPM racing chassis, Golden Horizon front bumper and hingepin housing,GH rear toe and hingepin housing, mod fuel tank(pressure line tap on fuel cap),2 fuel filters(fuel and pressure), custom hand polished trim pieces on receiver housing(w/ built in led on cover from fail safe)and Ko Propo digital servos w/ custom polished trim pieces. Custom front bumper brace polished trim piece. TiR Titanium hingepins f/r. Hardcore Racing titanium blue upper deck. Blue anodized aluminum servo arms, throttle/brake and steering. There are so many hop ups and there are more to come that I can not mention. Check the pics yourself and I will be updating w/ more pics as I progress through this project. My next project will be a NTC3 rally conversion using the stock NTC3 chassis and my old engine.
Attached Thumbnails Project XtremeNTC3-full-view-1.jpg  
Old 09-26-2002, 10:55 PM
Tech Adept

Default under chassis pics

GPM blue anodized racing chassis
Attached Thumbnails Project XtremeNTC3-under-chassis-1.jpg  
Old 09-26-2002, 10:59 PM
Tech Adept

Default Custom polished aluminum pieces

These are handmade aluminum pieces and hand polished by myself. The radio case houses the Novak receiver and Dynamite Nitro Fail safe m5 specific. The servo also gets the same treatment. The Voltwatch, Venom temp guage and battery pack will also get the same treatment I will post pics on those when I'm done.
Attached Thumbnails Project XtremeNTC3-shiny-stuff-1.jpg  
Old 09-26-2002, 11:02 PM
Tech Adept

Default mod on pressure line from pipe

This is a close up of the 90 degree pressure fitting I incorporated into the AE dual chamner rear exhaust pipe. I was going to use a rear facing stinger pipe but I liked the looks on the AE pipe better.
Attached Thumbnails Project XtremeNTC3-mod-pipe.jpg  
Old 09-26-2002, 11:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default front pics

You can see the front bumper housing Golden Horizon, cool anodized blue.
Attached Thumbnails Project XtremeNTC3-front-1.jpg  
Old 09-26-2002, 11:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default Another view of the front

From the underside.
Attached Thumbnails Project XtremeNTC3-front-2.jpg  
Old 09-26-2002, 11:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default Rear view

Here's the Golden Horizons rear toe and hingepin housing also in blue anodized aluminum.
Attached Thumbnails Project XtremeNTC3-rear.jpg  
Old 09-26-2002, 11:10 PM
Tech Adept

Default Close up of Novorassi engine

This is a Novarossi S5 Turbo engine.
Attached Thumbnails Project XtremeNTC3-close-up-s5.jpg  
Old 09-26-2002, 11:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default Dual Filters

One for the pressure line and one for the fuel line.
Attached Thumbnails Project XtremeNTC3-dual-fuel-filter-1.jpg  
Old 09-28-2002, 06:33 PM
Tech Rookie

I put a big block .15 in my NTC3. It's pretty extreme now and can keep up with some 1/8 scale onroads. I made some new engine mounts and made some minor modifications to the chassis. Now I can put a .21 in it if needed, but theirs no need because the BB .15 turns the 27/48 second gear combination easily. If I put a .21 in it, I would need much higher gearing. The engine is a modified O.S. .15 RX. It's insane.
Attached Thumbnails Project XtremeNTC3-08040002.jpg  
Old 09-29-2002, 05:24 PM
Tech Adept

Default Nice set up nitrogator.....

who did the modification on your BB 15 and how much horsepower do you have now? I'm very interested to see more of your car, post a full pic of it can you, I used to trick out imports before so it was natural for me to have the same inclination on rc cars, kinda funny how it trickles down to this level.
Old 09-30-2002, 11:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks XtremeDMX. I did the modifications to my BB .15. I understand the theory of port timing and the physics of 2 stroke engine design pretty well and applied it to this engine. I couldn't give you a accurate HP estimate, but this engine has so much torque and just screams. I'm no expert by a long shot, but the results were pretty impressive. I had a O.S. TR on it before and it performed well, but this BB .15 totally outclasses it by a long shot. The acceleration of this engine is totally mind blowing. I can not lean it out for optimal performance because the rubber tires cann't handle the power, it just fish tales( need some wide foams). The picture is right after a parking lot race with a few 1/8 scale onroads. A friend of mine has a Mugen MRX-2 and was using a stock .21 and I could out accelerate him with no problems. He usually uses a JP modified .21, but it was getting a cleaning(thank goodness, because there's no way I can stay up with it.) The rest of the chassis is stock and has the shock tower and fuel tank modification. Nevertheless, I am very please with the NTC3.
Attached Thumbnails Project XtremeNTC3-09300001.jpg  
Old 10-05-2002, 12:12 AM
Tech Adept

Default updated pics.....

here's a pic of the Hardcore Racing Titanium upper deck.
Attached Thumbnails Project XtremeNTC3-hc-upperdeck.jpg  
Old 10-05-2002, 12:18 AM
Tech Adept

Default underside view of

polished aluminum pieces for battery cover,receiver case cover and servo trims as well...... I will post pics of the finished piece as soon as I get pics on them. I still have to order the aluminum swing arms then I can install the whole steering system
Attached Thumbnails Project XtremeNTC3-trims-underchassis.jpg  
Old 10-05-2002, 12:23 AM
Tech Adept

Default side view of upperdeck

you can see the more of the custom show pieces, including the battery housing and receiver box. You can also see the battery and switch connectors on the side of the receiver box for easy access for charging the battery.
Attached Thumbnails Project XtremeNTC3-sde-vw-upprdck.jpg