• 2 Post By TeamCarnage
  • 2 Post By Pierre88

INFINITY IF18-2

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2022, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default INFINITY IF18-2

I was looking for build tips for the IF18-2. A search turned up nothing specific. I just received my kit, Curious what you racers are finding out about racing this car. I raced a used IF18 recently and I loved it. I'm not going to take it apart for parts,,,yet. I'll be racing on US prepped tracks with at least better than average traction. I'm going to start out with DJ's Ft. Meyers setup.
Old 05-18-2022, 05:57 AM
Tech Lord

Most Infinity teamdrivers are publishing from time to time (non) interesting movies on Facebook and their Youtube channel. Balestri has I think the most about the chassis and options.
Keep in mind most video's are just promotion to sell products if you can look through it.
TeamCarnage likes this.
Old 05-18-2022, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

As Roelof stated, they keep much info to themselves - the factory drivers. Gilles has some videos on assembly tips.

Even on Petit RC there is nothing.

There are some racers here in the US with the kit like Ralph Burch and a few guys up here in the NW.

But a word of caution, some that may have setups only tailored to one track, so keep that in mind. Id reach out or consider the guys that have run more than just 2 tracks... Burch may be approachable on Social media.
Old 05-18-2022, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

my experience to assemble this car
Must use loctite
1. on brake guide R0225-04, even it doesnt say so in the manu, otherwise you will loose the brake pad, brake guide, spring and brake piston before you finish running the first lap.
2. all flange balls in p15
3. check if your throttle servo end cover touch the fuel tank (need to shim out)

to follow the menu to assemble directly, you will end up loosing some parts,........
other than that, you may watch youtube
1. rick v to assemble the 2 speed
2. jilles (if i remember correctly) to set the clutch & rear cv joint's quick change lever
3. dario's youtube

the assembling experience (finishing per menu to touch down for first run) does not match mugen's (when the menu asked you to. simply follow and that's it)

Last edited by choisan; 05-18-2022 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-18-2022, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

ps. it is good to start a new if18-2 thread instead of asking in the scamming online shop's thread
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Old 05-18-2022, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Thanks guys. No scamming, phishing, or self-promotion here. I like Julius's "non interesting" comment. I'm a pretty seasoned racer so I get it. Ralph B. has been a valuable asset since my move to Infinity with the IF15.
carkillaii and ckrell like this.
Old 06-10-2022, 01:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Default IF18-2 build

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
I was looking for build tips for the IF18-2. A search turned up nothing specific. I just received my kit, Curious what you racers are finding out about racing this car. I raced a used IF18 recently and I loved it. I'm not going to take it apart for parts,,,yet. I'll be racing on US prepped tracks with at least better than average traction. I'm going to start out with DJ's Ft. Meyers setup.
I've used Carmine Raiola set up for medium to high traction and worked great at RCRCNT and Ncontrol raceway! The front-end is probably more technical than the new serpent 990 or similar but other than that it's basically the same
choisan and TeamCarnage like this.