Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree23Likes

Capricorn LAB C03 1/10th scale 200mm chassis

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Anyone know if I can go thru Cap Italy if I can't get a response or resolution from cap america?
Old 05-21-2015, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

Is anyone else also having issues with the thread in the two speed shoes stripping easily?
Old 05-24-2015, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ProE
Hi guys,

Is anyone else also having issues with the thread in the two speed shoes stripping easily?
There is no problem there.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default What Has Happened

What the hell has happened to this thread??

I ran my Co3 yesterday for the first time & it was simply awesome.

I have found the new Co3 a nice improvement over the Co2.

Track conditions were not the best ie (dirty/dusty) & the Co3 handled the conditions beautifully

I believe the car TQed the recent Nats in the states but no one is talking, not even DJ which is disappointing.

Hope you are all enjoying your Capricorn cars as much as me.

Cheers Daz
Old 06-08-2015, 12:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jazza
What the hell has happened to this thread??
I believe the car TQed the recent Nats in the states but no one is talking, not even DJ which is disappointing.

Hope you are all enjoying your Capricorn cars as much as me.

Cheers Daz
No one is speaking cause their Podiums speaks for themselves.

Excellent car and superb perfomance!
Old 06-08-2015, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

I am loving my C03!
Just bought a new kit to build for the Nationals here in a month's time, can't wait to start the build.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

I agree, fantastic car. Very durable, easy to work on and fast.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Standard vs Bigbore Shocks

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking about getting a C03, can someone explain the benefits of the bigbore shocks over the standard ones? In what situation would you choose one over the other?

thanks,
Old 06-16-2015, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sambrad
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking about getting a C03, can someone explain the benefits of the bigbore shocks over the standard ones? In what situation would you choose one over the other?

thanks,
I run Xray, but I do have the option to run standard or short (big bore).
Short are for high traction conditions and standard better in everything else.
Both will perform well in all conditions. I would say go with the standard and tune for the track, or try both, you might prefer 1 over the other
Old 06-17-2015, 07:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JOE SI
I run Xray, but I do have the option to run standard or short (big bore).
Short are for high traction conditions and standard better in everything else.
Both will perform well in all conditions. I would say go with the standard and tune for the track, or try both, you might prefer 1 over the other
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the advice, it makes sense, I think I'd start with the standard ones and go from there.

cheers,
Old 06-17-2015, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

For me what I do is use the Big bore on tracks with medium to high bite, as long as they are smooth tracks. For bumpy track and low traction tracks I use the standard shocks.

If I had a high bite bumpy track I would try and work with standard shocks as well.

DJ Apolaro
Old 06-17-2015, 10:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
For me what I do is use the Big bore on tracks with medium to high bite, as long as they are smooth tracks. For bumpy track and low traction tracks I use the standard shocks.

If I had a high bite bumpy track I would try and work with standard shocks as well.

DJ Apolaro
Thanks DJ, I was hoping you might see this! The track I race at is fairly bumpy and quite low grip (littlehampton SA, Australia) so the standard ones sound like the right option. I have a C02 with the big bore shocks, are they (and brackets) different to the version used on the C03?

thanks,
Old 07-15-2015, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I realize that this is the C03 thread but I just wanted to stop in and say hi, and let you know about the C02 cars that I bought from a couple of fellows here. I know I am a day late and a dollar short, running the C02 but I haven't raced in about 9 years and thought buying used and slowly getting going again would be a good idea, as often used cars come with a ton of stuff....and these did. That being said, I put receivers in two of the cars the day before racing, set the end points on the radio, checked the basic tune of the engines, as they came on the cars and headed out to the track. My son (14) who just started racing this winter, was crazy fast, but a little wild and had a couple of spectacular crashes. I TQ'ed and won all but the first heat. On the second outing with the car, (my son didn't come, as he had other stuff going on) I TQ'ed and won again...a lap up on the entire field!

I can't imagine the C03 being any better! I really hope to get down to the U.S. for a race or two in the next year, so I can meet some of you folks and try and glean some real speed secrets from you all! What would be a well attended race that caters to fast guys and recreational racers too. I would class myself as a fast recreational racer.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sambrad
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the advice, it makes sense, I think I'd start with the standard ones and go from there.

cheers,
Sam, I wouldnt say Littlehampton is bumpy, we ran the big bores there and the suspension travel was well within the range of your awesome track.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjmudd

I can't imagine the C03 being any better! I really hope to get down to the U.S. for a race or two in the next year, so I can meet some of you folks and try and glean some real speed secrets from you all! What would be a well attended race that caters to fast guys and recreational racers too. I would class myself as a fast recreational racer.
The Great Lakes Challenge, (GLC) is exactly what you described. Very fun for all levels of talent. That's August 26-30th. December is the World Cup at Full Throttle Raceway in Kissimmee FL. The Florida State races in the winter are a great excuse to escape winters grip! Their are many more races that I'm overlooking, but other racers will chime in. So glad to hear you're racing with your son! That's how I got started! lol GoodRacing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.