Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Capricorn LAB C03 1/10th scale 200mm chassis >

Capricorn LAB C03 1/10th scale 200mm chassis

Like Tree19Likes

Capricorn LAB C03 1/10th scale 200mm chassis

Old 04-16-2019, 12:34 PM
  #286  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
chromie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 223
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Can anyone help me with a starting setup for a med-high bite bumpy track? I would rather use 5 shore tire split and I only have available stock standard shocks (3hole/red springs)
chromie is offline  
Old 04-16-2019, 02:04 PM
  #287  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
ToysRUsKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cinncinati, OH
Posts: 2,656
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chromie View Post
Can anyone help me with a starting setup for a med-high bite bumpy track? I would rather use 5 shore tire split and I only have available stock standard shocks (3hole/red springs)
I was gonna post one, but in the process of looking for the editable setup sheet, i found this one i saved.
Attached Files
ToysRUsKid is offline  
Old 04-16-2019, 03:07 PM
  #288  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
chromie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 223
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
I was gonna post one, but in the process of looking for the editable setup sheet, i found this one i saved.

Thanks! .. but is this track bumpy? downstop values look a little high
chromie is offline  
Old 04-16-2019, 03:11 PM
  #289  
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,421
Default

Originally Posted by chromie View Post
Thanks! .. but is this track bumpy? downstop values look a little high

Changes from that set up are.

Droop in front 0, rear 4
1Mil front diff
800wt shock oil
199 front width
35 front tire with 40 rear
rear roll center all the way down
stock front and rear sway bars

Everything else the same.

Try this and let me know if it works or you need more help.

Good luck,

DJ Apolaro
ToysRUsKid likes this.
dj apolaro is offline  
Old 04-16-2019, 05:57 PM
  #290  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
chromie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 223
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Changes from that set up are.

Droop in front 0, rear 4
1Mil front diff
800wt shock oil
199 front width
35 front tire with 40 rear
rear roll center all the way down
stock front and rear sway bars

Everything else the same.

Try this and let me know if it works or you need more help.

Good luck,

DJ Apolaro

Thanks! will try and let you know
chromie is offline  
Old 05-07-2019, 10:09 PM
  #291  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,037
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I know I read somewhere that the total C03 clutch weight was around 30.5 grams, but I am curious about the weight of the other drivetrain parts, like the diffs, belts, and the two speed assembly...What did you guys find ???
bertrandsv87 is offline  
Old 05-08-2019, 10:02 PM
  #292  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,769
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
I know I read somewhere that the total C03 clutch weight was around 30.5 grams, but I am curious about the weight of the other drivetrain parts, like the diffs, belts, and the two speed assembly...What did you guys find ???
They are all adequate... Capricorn has always been on the edge for performance with the racer in mind. Interesting the latest batch of C03 Evo kits now come with steel gears inside the diffs front and rear the same as Infinity and moving away from the lightweight graphite gears.
Bundy_Bear is offline  
Old 05-08-2019, 10:06 PM
  #293  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,037
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Maybe the composite stuff cost them a few podium finishes...
bertrandsv87 is offline  
Old 07-03-2019, 09:34 PM
  #294  
Tech Master
iTrader: (97)
 
picco007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: TX.
Posts: 1,884
Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default

Anyone who went to the KO Grand Prix this past weekend have a set up for the C03? We are thinking about making the trip for the Toys for Tots racing in December. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
picco007 is offline  
Old 07-03-2019, 10:02 PM
  #295  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
ToysRUsKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cinncinati, OH
Posts: 2,656
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by picco007 View Post
Anyone who went to the KO Grand Prix this past weekend have a set up for the C03? We are thinking about making the trip for the Toys for Tots racing in December. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I can send it to you before that race but i am planning to be there in december also.
ToysRUsKid is offline  
Old 11-14-2019, 11:35 AM
  #296  
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,496
Default

Could I ask here. The pitch on the gears for the CO2 and 3 the same? Is it 0.8?

Regards
BM
British Menace is offline  
Old 11-15-2019, 09:48 PM
  #297  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 528
Default

Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
Could I ask here. The pitch on the gears for the CO2 and 3 the same? Is it 0.8?

Regards
BM
It's same
beebone is offline  
Old 11-18-2019, 06:43 AM
  #298  
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,496
Default

Thought so..... thank you
British Menace is offline  
Old 06-17-2020, 06:17 PM
  #299  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: new york
Posts: 908
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

F

Last edited by illmatic94; 06-18-2020 at 07:06 AM.
illmatic94 is offline  
Old 06-30-2020, 12:49 AM
  #300  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 110
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hi, Does anyone know CAP-16067K-V3 rear diff and Cap-16080K Front diff comes with internal metal gears or plastic? Thank you
Overland is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.