Tech Adept

Default the best choice starterbox 1\10

which is the best choice for starterbox for 1 \ 10
the Hudy or the Xceed
peter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:06 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I have the xceed box and it's been brilliant so far. It turns over even the tightest novarossi! I think the Hudy Star Box is probably renowned as 'the best' but its almost twice the price as the xceed and to me thats not justified! The xceed also comes with all the adapter cables to use 2s lipos and these cables are extra on the hudy I believe.
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent Viper 988 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.1, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:23 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Go the Mugen Seiki box great unit.
Attached Thumbnails
the best choice starterbox 1-b0236.jpg  
favo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:03 AM   #4
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
I have the xceed box and it's been brilliant so far. It turns over even the tightest novarossi! I think the Hudy Star Box is probably renowned as 'the best' but its almost twice the price as the xceed and to me thats not justified! The xceed also comes with all the adapter cables to use 2s lipos and these cables are extra on the hudy I believe.
Xceed is good, but the rubber roller shit
kyosho malaysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:48 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosho malaysia View Post
Xceed is good, but the rubber roller shit
Really? I've had mine for a couple years now and have no problem with it. Even starting tight new 21 novarossi's. The serpent flywheels have a good wide contact patch which helps protect the starter box wheel. I dunno what your using but narrow flywheels eat all starter box wheels quickly! Also you have to take time to make the car align properly on the box. Best way to do this is by using a bare chassis from the car and getting the alignment perfect. I see a lot of people burning their starter box wheels because they haven't set it properly and the wheel wears away against the chassis.
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent Viper 988 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.1, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:13 AM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Go for the Hudy or the Mugen box.
The Hudy box is very compact and light, I use a 2200mah 4S lipo in mine.

As mentioned before the Xceed box has a very soft starting wheel and wears out within one season of racing.
All the racers I know replaced their Xceed boxes with a Hudy box as soon as the wheel was worn out.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:58 AM   #7
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
Go for the Hudy or the Mugen box.
The Hudy box is very compact and light, I use a 2200mah 4S lipo in mine.

As mentioned before the Xceed box has a very soft starting wheel and wears out within one season of racing.
All the racers I know replaced their Xceed boxes with a Hudy box as soon as the wheel was worn out.
i use hudy wheel in my xceed box
kyosho malaysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:56 AM   #8
Tech Adept

has anyone experience with the hard-racing H6 starterbox
Attached Thumbnails
the best choice starterbox 1-hardra1.jpg  
peter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #9
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter. View Post
which is the best choice for starterbox for 1 \ 10
the Hudy or the Xceed

YOU CAN ALSO USE THE OFNA JLR BOX FOR $52.....I USE IN ON MY XRAY NT1...WORKS GREAT ONCE YOU GET THE ALIGNMENT CORRECT AND IT IS VERY COMPACT !! SMALLER THAN HUDY AND MUGEN .....
Old 08-24-2014, 11:33 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter. View Post
has anyone experience with the hard-racing H6 starterbox
I haven't seen any of these around actually. Looks heavy!
Old 09-01-2014, 12:09 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Mugen box is very good, Hudy box is also very good, to me though the flat deck on the Mugen box is nicer though, but many prefer the Hudy design.

The cheap boxes are not worth it, what makes the better boxes is often the switching, it's part of what is very good on the Mugen, only thing I found on the Mugen, is I think the load springs are too hard, I changed mine, and it's so easy to use now.

Alignment though on the boxes is critical to how well they work, time spent there will reward you with it being easy to use, also a good 4S LiPo for power, it matters not on what LiPo, be it 2000mah to whatever, throw out all the stock battery mounts, get some self adhesive velcro to stick the pack in.

For those using LiPo's though, don't let them run flat, or leave them fully charged between using, flat or full will make them puff over time.
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:50 AM   #12
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Mugen box is very good, Hudy box is also very good, to me though the flat deck on the Mugen box is nicer though, but many prefer the Hudy design.

The cheap boxes are not worth it, what makes the better boxes is often the switching, it's part of what is very good on the Mugen, only thing I found on the Mugen, is I think the load springs are too hard, I changed mine, and it's so easy to use now.

Alignment though on the boxes is critical to how well they work, time spent there will reward you with it being easy to use, also a good 4S LiPo for power, it matters not on what LiPo, be it 2000mah to whatever, throw out all the stock battery mounts, get some self adhesive velcro to stick the pack in.

For those using LiPo's though, don't let them run flat, or leave them fully charged between using, flat or full will make them puff over time.
+1
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote