Fail-safe

Old 09-27-2002, 06:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Fail-safe

WHAT IS A GOOD FAIL-SAFE TO USE ON DIGITAL SERVOS......I HAVE HIGHTECH ON MY TC3 10TH SCALE AND FUTABA SERVOS ON MY SERPENT NT...901-218-1569 OR EMAIL ME @[email protected]
Old 09-30-2002, 11:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Most people I know as well as myself use Futaba failsafes. They cost about twice as much($52) as some others on the market now, but we all got them before the others came out. They have all worked flawlessly as far as I know. Good luck.
Old 09-30-2002, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

good luck with those Hitech servos. I have gone through 3 of them in my NTC3... had it repaired twice and finally I just gave up on it and hit the servo about 100 yards with a 3 iron!!! I tend to stay away from them and I don't recommend them to anyone. If you do use them don't get any fuel on them or water and you better make sure you have a failsafe ... you will need it with them.
Old 09-30-2002, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by mike_Webb
good luck with those Hitech servos. I have gone through 3 of them in my NTC3... had it repaired twice and finally I just gave up on it and hit the servo about 100 yards with a 3 iron!!! I tend to stay away from them and I don't recommend them to anyone. If you do use them don't get any fuel on them or water and you better make sure you have a failsafe ... you will need it with them.
Interesting...I use Hitec digitals exclusively, and haven't had one problem with any one them. I use the 5625 & 5645 with the Ko Propo failsafe & throttle return spring in all my cars. However, I will admit I know a bunch of people have had problems with the corless digitals (5925 & 5945). Were you using those Mike?
Old 09-30-2002, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

HS625MG was what I was using for my Throttle Servo. I always use KO for my Steering. Right now I have both KO 2143 doing throttle and steering.

Friend had a 5645 and it died the first time out. Sent it back and got it fixed and three races later it died again. Agian he was using it for a throttle servo. Another guy I know was using the 5925 and had good luck with it...until he got a lot of nitro fuel on it and it died... all it did was make a loud whine sound. I have had my KO steering servo swamped by Fuel becasue the guy pitting it was not paying attention and it did give some problems but all I did was open it up and dried it off and it is fine now.

I know a guy that runs Hitec in his electric car and it does fine except for a loud whine coming from it but he says that is kind of normal and at least you can hear that his car is on .
Old 09-30-2002, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

mike I admit that's a decent mug but you know o'reilly isn't pretty enough to adorn your quality posts!
Old 09-30-2002, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

I am giving a friend a hard time... I will change it to Hannity now