R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-06-2014, 09:00 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

28 year old guy with one! I like 8th over touring. The car has more traction, easier to drive fast. Infinitely more aggressive. Boy do they burn through tires like nobodies business though.
Giant655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:28 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosho malaysia View Post
i noticed most of 1/8 player are middle age above in my country,is it same to your country
Where I race, most of the veterans run 1/8 scale. Can they kill it with a sedan? Yes they can!! Most guys stick with 1/8 scale IMO when they dont want to have to worry as much about the maintenance of a sedan (ex. Diffs) and just drive fast.
When I have more knowledge of setup and are in the "fast guy" category I'm gonna start messing with 1/8. For now, racing sedan is what I will race.
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:34 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant655 View Post
28 year old guy with one! I like 8th over touring. The car has more traction, easier to drive fast. Infinitely more aggressive. Boy do they burn through tires like nobodies business though.
I've seen sedans keep up and sometimes even go faster than 1/8 scale cars.
Also top speed of a sedan isn't very far off 1/8 top speed. At my home track track record for sedan is 21 5.17 if I remember correctly. 1/8 cars are consistently on 21 lap paces and tq is usually a 22 5.?? again if I remember correct, but its not far off.
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:22 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just started with 8th scale (it was always "the dream"), really after one race meeting with it, I now want little to do with 200mm, 8th just seem to do it with less effort, like stuff that is a lot of work on a 200mm seems easier to dial in on an 8th, they are easier to drive, but no easier on the limit, or less forgiving if you make a 'big' mistake.

There is a sense they are less fragile, there is less there to need constant work on or to constantly tune and retune for conditions, you can drive 'around' an issue if you need to vs 200mm where something can make it near undriveable.

I'm not going to hate on 200mm, if your love to fine tune, they actually have more to work with, with perhaps more rewards to be had when you can get it right, but I'll say I love electric when it comes to 10th, cause you can pick a class and go as fast or slow as you like, but for Nitro, 8th is the ultimate for a good reason, or really 'the' ultimate for a very good reason.
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:11 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

I started 1:8 2wd pan back in the day, then that transitioned into 1:8 4wd. Then along came the 235mm cars i.e. Impact, Avance, Integra and others (STS, Colt etc...). Never really caught on with me, and never found the urge to go 1/10 235mm or 200mm. Long story short, I am back racing 2wd 1:8 Pan. To me 1:8 is more passionate, along with its history and I find that it embodies the "Soul" of the sport - I know sounding cheesy, but just being honest. Also being that most persons I have seen run 1:8 are bit more mature, I find that there is more mutual respect for one another and camaraderie, that just isn't there in the other classes.

Again my opinion, but that's why I am in it.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:09 AM   #21
Tech Champion

As I grow older .... my eye sight vision become poorer. I cannot see too small too far away. Also my radio control enjoyment comes from spending more time racing / driving it rather than spending more time tweaking it.

1/8 cars is bigger car and less hassle to work on ( less tweaking ).
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:00 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you like 8th and sedan, try one of the 1/8th GT cars. Tough, low stress, and fun.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:27 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

They were fun when I tuned them and set them up for my friends.