R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Futaba 3PK: What version to get and where to get it? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/82388-futaba-3pk-what-version-get-where-get.html)

Artificial-I 08-28-2005 04:06 PM

Futaba 3PK: What version to get and where to get it?

Ok,

Im going to be getting myself the Futaba 3PK. Im a major futaba fan so Its a done deal on that.

Im just not sure what version to get and where to get it the cheapest. I know there is like a silverish one a titanium one and a gunmetal one. Which is better or are they all the same. Also there is a megatech 3pk as well correct? Its pretty confusing.

Does anyone know the differences. Then im going to get a spektrum unit for it, but will also use the 75mhz channel from time to time.

Thanks.

Hesky 08-28-2005 05:14 PM

hi ai, the megatech version has no U.S warranty, is made in hong kong and commonly come with a 40mhz rx not 75, if one at all(I've been told) fine for me in the UK though.
the actual tx is identical function wise, battery type differ though.
if i was you I would go with the magnum 3pk-hrs (US futaba, so you get a usable warranty)

Artificial-I 08-28-2005 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Hesky
hi ai, the megatech version has no U.S warranty, is made in hong kong and commonly come with a 40mhz rx not 75, if one at all(I've been told) fine for me in the UK though.
the actual tx is identical function wise, battery type differ though.
if i was you I would go with the magnum 3pk-hrs (US futaba, so you get a usable warranty)

Whats the difference on the batteries? Seems most U.S places are $100 dollars more for the 3pk.

Hesky 08-28-2005 05:26 PM

I'm pretty sure the megatechs come with a cell tray ie you pop the cells in individually and it comes with non, and the magnum 3pks come with some nicd packs already.

Artificial-I 08-28-2005 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Hesky
I'm pretty sure the megatechs come with a cell tray ie you pop the cells in individually and it comes with non, and the magnum 3pks come with some nicds packs already.

Ahh, seems like the megatech might be the one for me then. Cause I already have individual cells for my 3pjs. I also like to equalize my AA's.

Hesky 08-28-2005 05:35 PM

in all honesty it doesnt really matter to much, just make sure you get one with a 75mhz rx.
If you aint to bothered about warranty I would just go for the cheapest 3pk then, cuz lack of US warranty is the only biggie really if you live in the US.

mxs 08-29-2005 10:38 AM

Hey AI,

just picked one up at rc-mushroom.com They have a sale running in August. 3PK Tx/Rx PCM 75MHz USD 229.00 + 38 USD shipping (for me Canada). delivery takes only 2-3 business days, amazing. That's about the best price I've ever seen (I've been looking for a while....). My LHS obviously cannot compete with that or I should say my wallet cannot compete with the price difference.

Good luck buying.

Artificial-I 08-29-2005 11:15 AM

Yeah the one at rcmart is $220 as well and shipping was like 20 or so. Pretty much unbeatable.

Also yeah shipping is sometimes fast from those places even though located in HK. I think im pretty much sold on the magnum. Also great thing its black. I kinda dont like the silver ones.

Jea3 08-29-2005 11:30 AM

Or you could support your local hobby shop, say Superior Hobbies, where we race at???? Might be a little more, but since they do hold the races for us to attend, and always willing to help us out, I'd check them first??

:) :nod: :nod:

Artificial-I 08-29-2005 12:59 PM

Yeah I already bought my setup station from them this month. More and more im trying to support the lhs again, but sometimes my wallet just cant do it.

I know they have the 3pk for 320. Then theres the good ol sales tax which is going to cost me as much as shipping from hk. Getting me 340+ out the door which is effectively 100 dollars more. And im pretty sure thats the price on the version I dont want. Which means possibly near 400 for a black one. The one I want.

The setup station price was also a bit much. But luckily they at least matched towers price. But ill check to see if they can do something on the price...

Superior Is a great place, Ive been going there for years and actually right now Im letting them advertise on my site. So Iam supporting them one way or the other. ;)

epicbloodline 08-29-2005 02:20 PM

should i wait for the m11 or is it the same damn thing?

aaalp 08-29-2005 03:17 PM

Look for rcmart's store on ebay, it's called dinball. There they have a value added version of the 3pk (the black one), it was for 299 USD + shipping when I bought it couple of months ago. I bought the HRS system. This value added pack comes with a gorgeous alu case + 6 set of crystals. I can only recommend it.

Artificial-I 09-09-2005 11:54 AM

Thank you everyone for your help. If anyone else has any more input on the 3pk and the few versions it has. Let us know.

Take care. http://rctech.net/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Hesky 09-09-2005 04:52 PM

you not got one yet ai?? well get one already :smile:

Artificial-I 09-09-2005 04:55 PM

I got my spektrum system this month, along with setup system & board, new race body , new set of tires , mugen mtx clutch setup (mike swaugers).

My wallet actually spit out dust in a rough cough after that. LOL.

I will get it soon, im just planning early on this one. Its kinda like how I would treat a car buy. Pretty big deal and want to make sure I get the right thing.

But yeah my mind was made up pretty fast. Seems megatech 3pk is the way to go for me.