R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2014, 08:50 AM   #1
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 826
Default Serpent Challenge @ Port Jervis, NY

Come join us in this super fun weekend. Great people, great atmosphere and of course great racing!!!

Hosted by The City of Port Jervis New York Onroad Raceway, with their brand new track, new asphalt, super smooth and high grip.

All racers are welcome. You can run any brand of car and motor.

For more info, go to:
https://www.facebook.com/portjervisraceway
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...obbies-33.html





__________________
RCtarget, Capricorn, Novarossi, Maxima MX Fuel, Matrix, Xtreme Aero, Avid, Ko Propo, Veytrex Lab, Blast RC, PMR
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:03 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 884
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

So many races, so little time and money.
__________________
People spend their lives worrying about death. I'm sliding in broadside h ollering "Wow, what a ride"
spooky 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:58 AM   #3
Tech Regular
 
Paulie Bee's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 404
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default National Support

It would be great to see some reciprocal support from all the other tracks we visit across the USA throughout the year.

Please come and race the great track we now have in New York for the On-Road community. Almost 100 racers already booked rooms for this event. Pro drivers at every race supporting the facility and helping the drivers.

Don't miss racing in Port Jervis.

Check it out......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY3AcCHTP-k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfLvDmJ-QeU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb0X-aNiND8

Any questions, post them here and the organizer will be happy to answer them.
__________________
Thank You...
SERPENT AMERICA & DESOTO RACING
VP POWERMASTER RACING FUELS, Dean Isaac Paint Schemes,
PT RC Racing Oils
Paulie Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 07:09 AM   #4
Tech Elite
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,674
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Bee View Post
It would be great to see some reciprocal support from all the other tracks we visit across the USA throughout the year.

Please come and race the great track we now have in New York for the On-Road community. Almost 100 racers already booked rooms for this event. Pro drivers at every race supporting the facility and helping the drivers.

Don't miss racing in Port Jervis.

Check it out......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY3AcCHTP-k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfLvDmJ-QeU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb0X-aNiND8

Any questions, post them here and the organizer will be happy to answer them.
Looking forward to another trip to the North East, just cant make it work this close to the Byrons race this year .....
__________________
Darkside, Sweep, BSR, Fantom, IGT Hobbies and IGT8
Byrons Fuel, ProtoForm Bodies & Futaba Radio Gear by Choice
Founding Member of CORRC .... 5280raceway
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:40 PM   #5
Tech Regular
 
Paulie Bee's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 404
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Matrix Grand Prix Aug 8,9,10 Port Jervis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
Looking forward to another trip to the North East, just cant make it work this close to the Byrons race this year .....
No worries. Plenty more opportunities to race with us this summer.

Next big races are NYS Championship July 25,26,27 or the Matrix Grand Prix, Port Jervis August 8,9,10.

Rooms available at the Days Inn for $70.
__________________
Thank You...
SERPENT AMERICA & DESOTO RACING
VP POWERMASTER RACING FUELS, Dean Isaac Paint Schemes,
PT RC Racing Oils
Paulie Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:18 PM   #6
Tech Adept
 
Flyin Hawaiian1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Exton, PA
Posts: 148
Default

Can someone post up the actual track address? Thanks.
__________________
Andy Liu "Flyin' Hawaiian"
Flyin Hawaiian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:16 PM   #7
Tech Elite
 
Phil Trotta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,452
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Hawaiian1 View Post
Can someone post up the actual track address? Thanks.
Andy I use in my gps


4th street
Port jervis New York
12771

Will bring you to riverside park entrance. You'll see
A gazebo and basketball court. Right beyond that is the track
Drive along side the railroad to get to pit area
__________________
PHIL TROTTA
Phil Trotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #8
Tech Elite
 
kewdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sneederville, USA
Posts: 3,311
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Looking forward to doing battle. Serpent Challenge here I come!
__________________
Quinn Moon

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #9
Tech Adept
 
Flyin Hawaiian1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Exton, PA
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Trotta View Post
Andy I use in my gps


4th street
Port jervis New York
12771

Will bring you to riverside park entrance. You'll see
A gazebo and basketball court. Right beyond that is the track
Drive along side the railroad to get to pit area
Thank you Phil for the information.
__________________
Andy Liu "Flyin' Hawaiian"
Flyin Hawaiian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #10
Tech Elite
 
Pit-racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cali/Texas
Posts: 2,273
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky 1 View Post
So many races, so little time and money.
Ditto!
__________________
Team Misfits / www.igthobbies.com / Desoto Racing / Veytrex.com / JZRacing / RcShox / IGT8 '17
Pit-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:03 PM   #11
Tech Elite
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,674
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Bee View Post
Grand Prix, Port Jervis August 8,9,10.

Rooms available at the Days Inn for $70.
This may work, lots if paying work starting mid August through November ......
__________________
Darkside, Sweep, BSR, Fantom, IGT Hobbies and IGT8
Byrons Fuel, ProtoForm Bodies & Futaba Radio Gear by Choice
Founding Member of CORRC .... 5280raceway
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:22 AM   #12
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 265
Default

On our way there. Should be a great weekend.
jdesoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:15 PM   #13
Tech Adept
 
Flyin Hawaiian1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Exton, PA
Posts: 148
Default

Guys, I've just traction rolled with my cobra GT today for the first time! The traction at Port Jervis is off the hook! For those of you have not tried this track......you have to come and check it out. Traction is absolutely amazing! Let the fun begin!!!
__________________
Andy Liu "Flyin' Hawaiian"
Flyin Hawaiian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:17 AM   #14
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,122
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Hawaiian1 View Post
Guys, I've just traction rolled with my cobra GT today for the first time! The traction at Port Jervis is off the hook! For those of you have not tried this track......you have to come and check it out. Traction is absolutely amazing! Let the fun begin!!!
Its only friday, it gets better when the racing starts
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #15
Tech Adept
 
Flyin Hawaiian1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Exton, PA
Posts: 148
Default 1/8 GT results, photos, videos



















Final (4th) qualifying round video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwVZa9h3fjg

A-Main video with comments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55-asuN97rM

Thank you Serpent and Port Jervis race track for hosting this event. My family and I had a great time. Great atmosphere, and great people overall. We really enjoyed it.

I would like to thank the following team/sponsors/family members for the support thus far:

SerpentAmerica/Novarossi/Desoto Racing
Murnan Modified Motors
Sweep Racing Tires
VP Powermaster Fuel
BuKu performance products
RadioPost
IGT Hobbies
RCShox
My wife, Emily
My kids, Adrian and Sarah

Until Next Time.........
__________________
Andy Liu "Flyin' Hawaiian"

Last edited by Flyin Hawaiian1; 07-17-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Flyin Hawaiian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:45 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net