Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-22-2005, 01:25 PM   #91
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
Having raced in different tracks in different countries, I have a few observation:

1. $15 for racing with hot dogs included is incredibly inexpensive. It costs more in Taiwan where everything is cheaper without the hot dogs.

2. While traction could be hard to figure out, it is great on the tire wear. I used the same set of tires for 2 weekend races in a row and only wore 2-3 mm. The three tracks I've been to in Taiwan are not VHT prepared (they've never heard of the thing) and you need to run 35 or 37. You typically use a set of tires to practice before race, 1-2 sets for qualifiers, and another set for the main. Tire wears between 0.7-1.5mm every 5 minutes. You have to start with 62mm rear for a 40 minute main or you'll have to change tire half way during the race. It gets very expensive.

3. Race programs are organized. In Taiwan we don't even get turn marshalls.

I suppose there's always two way to look at things. I am not saying there are no room for improvement, but at the same time it's not so bad either.
I agree 100%
Old 09-22-2005, 01:33 PM   #92
Tech Master

I for one, DO NOT WANT THE SHIRT!!! It looks like every other shirt with different dates. [/QUOTE]

that is funny!
manokgt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 01:41 PM   #93
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C

All tracks have there pros and cons I attend races at both tracks because I like the racing atmosphere.
I also race at as many tracks as possible because I like the diversity in the lay outs and traction, but this track is on a hole different level I have never encountered these types of issues anywhere else.
ROBBIE C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 01:47 PM   #94
wad
Tech Elite

We should park all our car into the track, and race in the parking lot, the traction will be consistent.....................lol
Old 09-22-2005, 01:51 PM   #95
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Having raced in different tracks in different countries, I have a few observation:

1. $15 for racing with hot dogs included is incredibly inexpensive. It costs more in Taiwan where everything is cheaper without the hot dogs.

2. While traction could be hard to figure out, it is great on the tire wear. I used the same set of tires for 2 weekend races in a row and only wore 2-3 mm. The three tracks I've been to in Taiwan are not VHT prepared (they've never heard of the thing) and you need to run 35 or 37. You typically use a set of tires to practice before race, 1-2 sets for qualifiers, and another set for the main. Tire wears between 0.7-1.5mm every 5 minutes. You have to start with 62mm rear for a 40 minute main or you'll have to change tire half way during the race. It gets very expensive.

I suppose there's always two way to look at things. I am not saying there are no room for improvement, but at the same time it's not so bad either.
You're right about the $15 with free lunch. But since I've been racing there since the track re-opened. I've been eating the hotdog and burger only because I've paid for it. Just like in other big races that I've been to, I'd rather have a catering truck to buy from. and just pay for the race itself.

As far as traction, I'm annoyed for two reasons:
1. the fact that they just spray the track without finding out first if THE WHOLE TRACK needs spraying, or just some sections.

2. The fact that they are sprayin down the "traction" means that they can control how much traction to have. Why not make it good enough for the tires that we use on regular days or for practice.. It would be worth going to practice or set up for the race. We practice with 37 or 40 when the bite is low, then change up to 45 after they spray. WHY??? Why not make the traction good for 40? You almost never have to shore up at CP even after he sprays it. When the traction is a little low, his spraying works with and compliments the set up you're working on. At REV, you might as well redo the whole set up, including tire shore, tire size, sway bar, shock position, sway bar.

You would normally practice the day before the race, but it won't work because the traction in the morning would be different by noon, and drastically different after they spray later on in the afternoon. And no matter how high the traction gets by evening, it's going to be much higher come race day because they'll spray when they open the track.

The traction at CP and Rev used to be very close. No VHT. We used to just shake a few soda bottles, poke a few holes and spray CP with it, no different than the CP traction now. Set up was the same, you just change the ride height and minor shock positions. I used to just change the ride height and wing on my 1/8 scale. SAME TIRES
Leo V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 01:52 PM   #96
Tech Master

Quote:

So what are you saying we should just shut up because the racing program and tracks in Taiwan suck more than ours
Old 09-22-2005, 01:55 PM   #97
wad
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBBIE C
So what are you saying we should just shut up because the racing program and tracks in Taiwan suck more than ours
He is showing the good things from Revelation, we are discusing the bad things now. We need to keep the good things as they are now and work on the problems.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:56 PM   #98
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wad
We should park all our car into the track, and race in the parking lot, the traction will be consistent.....................lol
It sound silly and funny, lol but you're 100% right.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:59 PM   #99
Tech Master

The year 2003 track condition!!!!!That's all I'm gonna say
Old 09-22-2005, 02:13 PM   #100
Tech Elite

The track was at it's best when they painted it. Tire wear went away and the track didn't need any VHT.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:57 PM   #101
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
No Robbie I just want to show both sides. As I said, there are room for improvement but it's not all bad either.

I would never tell you to shut up Robbie By the way I got my sway bars the very next day as you said I would. YOU GUYS ROCK!
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 02:59 PM   #102
wad
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoCal
The year 2003 track condition!!!!!That's all I'm gonna say
Too bad, I was running beginner class at that moment, traction was bad for me.....lol
Old 09-22-2005, 03:37 PM   #103
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wad
Do you know how expensive are the hotdogs? and how about the t-shirts, they are really expensive.
But you know what? the flyer says FREE food and FREE t-shirt, then why increase the entry fee when everything is FREE?
Ralps hot dogs 99 cents for a pack of 8.
Lets do the math, Major or club race what's the deference?.................... none because Revelation gets the same turn out for each event.
40 people show up 2 hot dogs per person=$4.95 4 packs of 8
80 people show up 2 hot dogs per person=$9.90 8 packs of 8
entry fee $65.00 x 40 people=$2,600.00
entry fee $65.00 x 80 people= $5,200.00
entry fee $15.00 x 40 people=$600.00
entry fee $15.00 x 80 people=1,200.00
T-shirt by bulk with logo $5.00 to $7.00 a piece
40 entries=$200.00 to $300.00
80 entries=$400.00 to $600.00
Hot dogs and T-shirts should not be the main focus of why we attend especially when you break it down like this.
I live 45 miles one way I do like traveling such a distance to be told this track is set up for the locals or the beginners if this is the case I'll take my little toy car and go play somewhere else..............
Old 09-22-2005, 03:42 PM   #104
wad
Tech Elite

Quote:
2 hot dogs per person
Ask monokenny about that...................lol
Old 09-22-2005, 03:43 PM   #105
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wad
Too bad, I was running beginner class at that moment, traction was bad for me.....lol
Walter thats how you got so fast the track allowed you to try new and diffrent set ups.
I feal for the guys racing there today trying to get better.