R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-26-2005, 04:22 PM   #151
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
Maybe BT wants to know if you can run as fast as your car on the track!

Ron thanks again for staying after the race to help me with my car!

Hey jeff lin, I heard youre 1/8th was already looking good.

Oh and I almost forgot to congratulate Edwin Fernandez for taking 1st in sportsman 1/8th. i guess the switch to mugen also worked out for you.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 04:45 PM   #152
Tech Regular

Default Congrats

Congrats to all the winners and all of the participants for a great weekend !!

All in all it worked out ok, and the races were fair, clean and virtually no controversy !!! Hard to find that lately !!!

All the A-Main Drivers appeared to have a great time and drove hard!!!

Ironman award goes to Brad Toffelmire !!!!

Placed in Both A-Mains 1/8th Expert and 1/10th Expert Sedan !!!

Pitted for him for over 300+ laps on Sunday !!!!!! Aching Tendons LOL !!!!

I forgot what the dates are for the Regionals ??? Anyone????
JABRONI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:14 PM   #153
Tech Master

thank you Sir. first time to actually finish a race in that track..

thanks to "our" idol for helping me out and congrats to your win!! car is good!! glad i switched!!

Also, congratulations to my good friend Mr. Yasu Ishikawa for taking second on B-main and bumping up to A main!! very impressive!
manokgt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:35 PM   #154
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I see Brad blasted off a few 15.5's and his car had a 5 port OS in it. That impresses me for a 260.00 motor (thats what I paid for it over the counter) with a little work. And its a conservative internal tune up. This was our first shot at the OS 21 ver2.

I was a little worried as the engine and package had never seen a track yet and the motor only had three tanks of fuel through it saturday morning. This thing shows promise.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:37 PM   #155
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by manokgt4
thank you Sir. first time to actually finish a race in that track..

thanks to "our" idol for helping me out and congrats to your win!! car is good!! glad i switched!!

Also, congratulations to my good friend Mr. Yasu Ishikawa for taking second on B-main and bumping up to A main!! very impressive!
Congrats to you and Yasu. You guys did very well this past weekend.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:39 PM   #156
Tech Addict

hey ron my bad i had one of those weekend when it looks good right up until it counts but i gave my all up until the shi? hit the fan i didn't know you fell that must had sucked never again will i paint a body with different colors then my normal scheme. i would like to give congrats to jefferery for his win, he earned it fare and square, but the first 15 mins. were mine next time its on. And ron don't worry next race my offical pit guy will be back, i let him take a vacation but its all over now. and chris the only reason you ran at the mc coy is because you ran me out of gas but its all good . next race the (4) will not let me down and jeferey watch out because i 'm coming for you . next stop Las vegas
Old 09-26-2005, 07:42 PM   #157
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike jones
hey ron my bad i had one of those weekend when it looks good right up until it counts but i gave my all up until the shi? hit the fan i didn't know you fell that must had sucked never again will i paint a body with different colors then my normal scheme. i would like to give congrats to jefferery for his win, he earned it fare and square, but the first 15 mins. were mine next time its on. And ron don't worry next race my offical pit guy will be back, i let him take a vacation but its all over now. and chris the only reason you ran at the mc coy is because you ran me out of gas but its all good . next race the (4) will not let me down and jeferey watch out because i 'm coming for you . next stop Las vegas
What about the "Brain Fart!"?
Old 09-26-2005, 07:44 PM   #158
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoCal
What a noisy neighbor. He was talking the entire main.
you havn't heard me talk yet
Old 09-26-2005, 07:45 PM   #159
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Verano
What about the "Brain Fart!"?
oh yeah my bad forgot about that one
Old 09-26-2005, 07:49 PM   #160
Tech Master

Brad I noticed something else, even though you ran out of fuel on saturday with the OS in the qualifiers you used it in, it went as fast as the JP you used Friday. 19-5.09 Interesting.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:46 PM   #161
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Verano
Congrats to you and Yasu. You guys did very well this past weekend.
Thanks Chris. You guys going to Vegas for the Paris Race?
EdwinF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 03:23 AM   #162
Tech Adept

Default Thanks for the great tracks in LA

I would like to say thank you to both Dana at Revelation and James CP for providing two great tracks to run 1:8 and sedan fuel cars.

The RD Logics Race went very well and the track held up just fine at Revelation last weekend. The few complaints I heard came from the same people who seem to find something to complain about at any track we all race at.

3 days of racing with all the lunch food you can eat (pizza, hot dogs and hamburgers) with a race shirt at $65 is not too bad a deal at all.

I am suprised at the complaints being leveled at the tracks and the fact these are either manufacturer reps or sponsored drivers making these comments. One would think these guys would be supporting tracks that support the products they run and racing in general.

Every comment that was made in the original bashing post could be said about just about every track.

At times a shop does not have exactly the part you need, or the race fee seems high depending on your situation at the time. Traction changes for RC and full scale racing. The better racers adapt and do the best on the same surface everyone runs on. In reality tire wear at Revelation is incredibly low. The track is flat and smooth. For 1:8 scale we run on 70 or 71mm rear tires to start (typically 40 shore front and rear) the track is that hooked up. You can easily finish a 40 minute main on these tires. If you are using more than 2 sets of tires in a 3 day race there it is because you choose to do so not because tire wear forces you to.

We have all raced at tracks where tire wear is a huge issue and in a main you need to assess if you should try to make it on a single set or go for the tire change. This is not the case at Revelation or CP.

We are very lucky for what we have in So Cal as far as tracks and year round racing there are other states with no tracks for racing 1:8 on road fuel at all. We have a great variety between Southern and Northern California. We are in a unique and very good position for race facilities not not many places in the country has.

Complaining just for the sake of complaining or gaining attention gets very tiresome.

Supporting the hobby, the tracks and the manufacturers will help us all in the long run with ongoing facilities and products for us to run.

RC racers love to complain about costs but are more the happy to buy the latest greatest motor ($300 or more), tires ($25 or more), fuel ($25 or more), radio ($200 or more), etc. This has always been a very interesting thought process to me. About $22 a day for about 10 hours a day of being at the track plus free food doesn't seem like such a huge expense when you really break it down. What's it cost to go golfing for a day (or three), what's it cost to go out on a boat fishing, what's it cost to go to a 2 hour movie? I took my 2 kids bowling for three games each, with lane fees, shoes etc I spent about $50. We were done in a hour. But if bowling is your thing you happily pay what it costs to do it every week. Entertainment and hobbies have costs involved that is just a fact.

Is James driving the latest BMW from the race fees he charges, is Dana sporting the newest Mercedes. No these are both regular guys making a regular living and providing a great outlet for us to enjoy our hobby. But we want these guys to be successful at thier business ventures so they keep the tracks open. We need to thank the track host, shop at the track hobby stores and support the people who support our hobby it is up to us to keep these businesses alive.

Done with my rant.

Last edited by ROARprez; 09-27-2005 at 03:34 AM.
ROARprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 09:34 AM   #163
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to gfd2726

Well said.
gfd2726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 09:46 AM   #164
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwinF
Thanks Chris. You guys going to Vegas for the Paris Race?
I don't think I'll be there. Are you going?
Old 09-27-2005, 09:57 AM   #165
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman
Brad I noticed something else, even though you ran out of fuel on saturday with the OS in the qualifiers you used it in, it went as fast as the JP you used Friday. 19-5.09 Interesting.
There is a long story/reason for that. I actuall ran out of gas on lap 18 and it took 30 seconds for the marshall/pitman to walk the car back accross the finish line.

Car worked great on saturday, fuel mileedge sucks. I am going to have my finger reprogrammed.
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote