Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2005 IFMAR 1/8 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP >

2005 IFMAR 1/8 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

2005 IFMAR 1/8 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Old 09-13-2005, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

Robbie when is Mike comeing back to work?

I would have to say that almost all of us here in Northern Cal where rooting for him I know I was
Old 09-13-2005, 10:00 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
North of Brazil
You wrong!!!!!!!!
It's in South America, last country on the bottom
Old 09-13-2005, 10:04 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Argentina is the southern most country in the world. Amazing food, more hot chicks than you can imagine and, did I mention the food? If you go there you gotta eat an asado (BBQ).
100% agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't forget empanadas, by the way, I just finished cooking some, I will bring some to Revelation this saturday
Old 09-13-2005, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wad
100% agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't forget empanadas, by the way, I just finished cooking some, I will bring some to Revelation this saturday
Where is the sign up sheet for the empanadas?
Old 09-13-2005, 10:12 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
Where is the sign up sheet for the empanadas?

If you go, you get some
Old 09-13-2005, 11:21 PM
JSV
Tech Rookie

Just saw some video footage on the RB site and the race looked great. Hope Ray's video is as good as all his others.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Ray Wood

Originally Posted by JSV
Just saw some video footage on the RB site and the race looked great. Hope Ray's video is as good as all his others.
Ray Wood is a personal friend of mine who i do a lot of racing with. He is the most dedicated guy to the sport of RC, and you can bet your bottom dollar that every event he shoots will live up to expectations. He works tirelessly in helping to promote our sport and deserves credit and support in return.

p.s. He barely breaks even with costs but continues to do it for the love of the game!!!

www.raywoodrcvideos.com
Old 09-14-2005, 01:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rody
He is the most dedicated guy to the sport of RC, and you can bet your bottom dollar that every event he shoots will live up to expectations. He works tirelessly in helping to promote our sport and deserves credit and support in return.
Thats why I have everyone one of his r/c racing DVD's or videos . The Best in the R/C Industry of video coverage is Ray Wood.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:53 AM
Tech Addict

I just got back from the event late yesterday afternoon. It was a fantastic event, maybe the most exciting r/c car race I've yet seen. The group that put the race on were perfect - was a VERY well run event, on a wonderful track, and there was SO much good track action.

Because of a misunderstanding on internet access, I wasn't able to post daily updates as planned. I thought they told me I could connect from the track as I did in Brazil, but the only internet access was with a wireless card which I don't (yet) have... will fix that real soon. Then, while I was able to stay with Roelof Tooms and his friends at a wonderful villa way out in the country, we didn't even have phone service, let alone internet. So, I just concentrated on taking lots of notes and photos. I've got over 2600 photos, all in high-res format, which now I have to sort down to a more reasonable number. As to the daily updates, the people at the track told me they were posting *everything* on a daily basis, actually many times a day. What I wanted to post (standings, finishing order, etc.,) was already being posted on the race website long before I'd have been able to do so, even if I did have internet access.

I'll have a few photos posted in the conferences in a day or so; the full article and lots more photos will be posted at SGrid Online. The article will probably be there later today, but it's going to take a lot more time to go through the photos.

One last thing - I found some messages once I returned from people who signed up for SGrid Online (www.sgrid.com) but then had a connection problem and didn't get the message with their access code. For anyone who has that problem, send me an email (webmaster @ rc-racing.com) and include your paypal information, your full name, and the login-id you selected. I'll fix things up manually for you. I'll be able to do this through Thursday, but then I leave for the Midwest Series race up in Toledo this coming weekend.

Congratulations to Collari - superb job! Just as in Cincinnati, while he didn't appear to dominate the race, he ran his race program perfectly, never made a mistake, and let the race come to him, which it did. I guess what I'm saying is that he really DID dominate the race, simply by driving perfectly at a good speed with zero mistakes. His pit crew was as perfect as he was. Lots of racers did great (and Mike Swauger is certainly one of them!!!!) but at the end of the race, Collari was perfect!
Old 09-14-2005, 04:36 AM
Tech Addict

Default Hi Mike

Nice too hear you hat a good time with Roelof and friends.
he did informing us every day in Dutch.
cannot wait for the foto's
Old 09-14-2005, 07:33 AM
Nitro Tech

Ray Wood is a personal friend of mine who i do a lot of racing with. He is the most dedicated guy to the sport of RC, and you can bet your bottom dollar that every event he shoots will live up to expectations. He works tirelessly in helping to promote our sport and deserves credit and support in return.

p.s. He barely breaks even with costs but continues to do it for the love of the game!!!

www.raywoodrcvideos.com
Yes! Can't wait to order the DVD on-line.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

www.raywoodrcvideos.com
Hope it will be ready for shipping by Nov.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

The race report on the W/C is now posted at SGrid Online, www.sgrid.com. Photos will be coming next.

Andhy also has a very nice report on the main final on his website, tq-racing.com with lots of good detailed information.

To whoever posted up above that Michael Salven had switched to a Picco engine, not true. He was running the Mega engine with the blue Picco cooling head on it.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Mike, isn't the Mega engine a Picco?
Old 09-14-2005, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

mega have not the same upgrade than picco

it's like ferrari's motor and sauber's motor
sauber have not the last upgrade

but i think mega are not world championship's motors...they are low power than JP and nova,sirio
ok someone can say it's not the same price,but the problem is not the price it's the power
mega can make mega with high power and sell it moer expensive,the driver can have choice betwen high power(expensive) and middle power(cheap)

i hop you understand me excuse for the mistake but english is 13 years behind me

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.