R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-09-2005, 02:46 AM   #376
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M.
This has to be one of the best worlds just because the three major companies Serpent, Mugen, and Kyosho all have cars that are proven to be good based on thier recent performance locally with not one car at a disadvantage due to a design being outdated.

I just hope someone will release a DVD right after.

Too bad Serpent is stuck with the Mega engine. The competition would have been a little more interesting without that restriction.
going4#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 02:52 AM   #377
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by going4#1
Too bad Serpent is stuck with the Mega engine. The competition would have been a little more interesting without that restriction.
well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissRcRaceway
....Michael Salven ripped out his Mega Picco and put in a BLue headed Pico EVO.. Now he has good power. He was not able to keep up before that point....
this is RickV his car...

Old 09-09-2005, 02:57 AM   #378
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
The active webcam is up and running ( 12:39am PST )
webcam over Messina world ?

Please post the link.

Danke

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 03:01 AM   #379
jez
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

They are checking fuel. It's the world champs after all.

Attached is the spectrophotometer that is supposed to be used for fuel checking courtesy of RB website.
Attached Thumbnails
2005 IFMAR 1/8 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-spectro.jpg  
jez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 03:10 AM   #380
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to redsand
Default max

Is Fantini running Max engine ? Does he have power issue too ?
redsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 03:55 AM   #381
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jez

Attached is the spectrophotometer that is supposed to be used for fuel checking courtesy of RB website.
Take a look at the attached image, it's a read out of a sample taken at the Worlds...

The image is too large to attach, so please click this link:
http://www.rc-junkies.nl/images/libr...g/DSCF1832.jpg

Bart_Banaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:31 AM   #382
Tech Initiate

Supposed.....that would be the operative word........and the answer is .....not.
smn_says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:38 AM   #383
Tech Regular

Well I have ended my week today friday with a bad run.. I have to learn how to get these clutches down.. Back home in florida the clutch setup is not as critical but here the clutch and engine have to be absolutele correct.. There is good traction but not like in the USA... Not to give anyone the impression that the race is not going well.... I am having a great time with the Worlds and I drove well.. Anyone who is interested in the worlds should come to see what the highest from of racing looks like.. These guys are awesome and I mean AWESOME....

Mike Swauger form the USA drove like a bat out hell and was flying... He sat next to me or me next to him and he is a great guy with a lot of knowledge about racing and 1/8th scale. Josh also showed up here with no previous practiced and drove excellent.. Tossolini is pumped up about his race; he was on fire wth his car but got DQ'd when his car was all of a sudden light..

The Italians are very organized racers and are all very good.

I want to thank Massimo Fantini for the help with the motor. I was not able to make run time and he gave me the correct engine set up so I went from running 4:45 to 5:20... That is a 35 secnd jump. Massimo and Fabio Domanin are great guys...

I want to thank Randy Rhodes for taking the time out to come with me to Italy.. He is at McDoanlds right now having something that resembles American food....
KissRcRaceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:54 AM   #384
Tech Regular

Yes Fantini is runing his own motors... He is running a serpent 960 but has a Max power motor...

They are checking fuel and are being very strict about it... That is not the reason for the speed.

There are a few guys here that have very smooth power and are the TQ.. Adrein Bertien is very fast and sooth. His car doesnt look upset and is the fastest by a split second... He has been the top dog since the beggining.

There are a few different types of bodies.. Proline is the number choice of body and is the one Bertien used to TQ... And is laso 2nd 3rd and 4th.. The proline body is smooth and fast giving a good feel to the driver without to much oversteer....

Kyosho has a cool looking body here that you cannot buy.. It looks good but the american drivers are not using it...

Mike Swauger has a good looking body called the Blitz or is made by Blitz...
Old 09-09-2005, 06:55 AM   #385
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Yes Fantini is runing his own motors... He is running a serpent 960 but has a Max power motor...

They are checking fuel and are being very strict about it... That is not the reason for the speed.

There are a few guys here that have very smooth power and are the TQ.. Adrein Bertien is very fast and sooth. His car doesnt look upset and is the fastest by a split second... He has been the top dog since the beggining.

There are a few different types of bodies.. Proline is the number choice of body and is the one Bertien used to TQ... And is laso 2nd 3rd and 4th.. The proline body is smooth and fast giving a good feel to the driver without to much oversteer....

Kyosho has a cool looking body here that you cannot buy.. It looks good but the american drivers are not using it...

Mike Swauger has a good looking body called the Blitz or is made by Blitz...
hey rafael,
i think you did a really good job. you were two laps from being top ten. thats not too bad considering they were 10 minute qualifiers. congratulations. for example, compared to winternats you would only be one lap from the leaders. that's pretty good especially since you dont drive the 1/8th scale much.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 07:14 AM   #386
Regional Moderator

Quote:
I want to thank Massimo Fantini for the help with the motor. I was not able to make run time and he gave me the correct engine set up so I went from running 4:45 to 5:20... That is a 35 secnd jump. Massimo and Fabio Domanin are great guys...
What did he do to the engine and clutch?
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 07:22 AM   #387
Tech Regular

I am also interested...Were you running the 2017 pipe combo? Venturi size? Share!! hahahaha

John
jrabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 08:35 AM   #388
Tech Regular

Well I run Mugen and Massimo Runs serpent.. Different clutches... I ran the 2018 pipe with a extra .10 shim in the head button. The clutch was my problem and I think my motors were not fully broken in.........

I started with the 2017 and ran the 2018.. It was a little more punchy out of the corners.. But there again. When I made more power it made the clutch and 2 speed run different.

By the way Massimo just ran his race and won by huge margins... He is moving up the next level...... It is 4:35 pm here......
Old 09-09-2005, 09:37 AM   #389
Tech Regular

Massimo fantini has won the 1/8 finals and bumped to the 1/4s he was folled by Ken Furukawa and and Italian kid who was awesome....
Racing for today is over and tommorrow the big dogs come out to the track to race.. I let you know what happens.....
Old 09-09-2005, 09:39 AM   #390
Tech Regular

Darin Ishitani was fast but was not given any respect on the track as he was slapped around and mistreated..