Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2014 New Mugen Mtx 6- 1/10th GP Touring >

2014 New Mugen Mtx 6- 1/10th GP Touring

Like Tree17Likes

2014 New Mugen Mtx 6- 1/10th GP Touring

Old 04-06-2021, 02:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well if you are going to run on roads and parking lots then its not necessary for parts or tyre truer. Just run with the things that you have.
There is no need for tire truer and extra parts. Save you money. Just get new parts from your hobby store when something breaks.
If you fint it fun and wants to try to drive on track then you can get tyres that is already fixt to 64mm and 62mm. Matrix and hot race have these.
i hope you will try it at track because it is really a different feeling. You will also find the car cleaner.
There is no need for different diff oil if you are just going straight with the car. You will not make notice.
There will be a gap between the outdrive and axle pin after some time. Try to run with grease.
Old 04-06-2021, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ashori View Post
Well if you are going to run on roads and parking lots then its not necessary for parts or tyre truer. Just run with the things that you have.
There is no need for tire truer and extra parts. Save you money. Just get new parts from your hobby store when something breaks.
If you fint it fun and wants to try to drive on track then you can get tyres that is already fixt to 64mm and 62mm. Matrix and hot race have these.
i hope you will try it at track because it is really a different feeling. You will also find the car cleaner.
There is no need for different diff oil if you are just going straight with the car. You will not make notice.
There will be a gap between the outdrive and axle pin after some time. Try to run with grease.
Oh I'm totally planning on running it at the track once they reopen. I'm just not planning to attend any races or to be at the track every weekend.
My local hobby store is 80% basher RTRs, 15% off road racing and 5% large scale now so I'll have to order online and like stocking common parts in advance, that's why I asked what usually breaks.
Old 04-07-2021, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

Just in case anyone else is interested or cares to search the forum at a later date: MTX-6 softer clutch spring parts nr. T2724. It's listed as for the MTX-7 but the clutch is mostly the same (aside from the bell).

Oh yea and if you want to fit this car on the Hudy StarBox it's kind of a pain to align length wise due to the shape of the chassis, the tiny size of the flywheel cutout doesn't help either. I made a part you can 3D print that uses the hole used for the NT-1 front mount and aligns the chassis perfectly in the front, you just need to set the rear mounts, it'll be attached to this post.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
MTX6_StarBox_Mount.zip (110.2 KB, 3 views)