Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2014 New Mugen Mtx 6- 1/10th GP Touring >

2014 New Mugen Mtx 6- 1/10th GP Touring

Like Tree17Likes

2014 New Mugen Mtx 6- 1/10th GP Touring

Old 06-14-2016, 09:25 AM
  #451  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
bigbank66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: folsom, ca
Posts: 361
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ChadB. View Post
Has anyone tried moving there rear-inner camber link to the bulkhead? What was the result from it?
More rotation...I think it will be in the update kit for the 6
bigbank66 is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 02:16 PM
  #452  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
ChadB.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hillsboro,OR
Posts: 1,341
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Thanks!
ChadB. is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 11:57 PM
  #453  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
ChadB.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hillsboro,OR
Posts: 1,341
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Is everyone using the stock o-rings for the shocks or a different brand? I have noticed the stock o-rings create a lot of restrictions.
ChadB. is offline  
Old 06-16-2016, 12:52 AM
  #454  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 111
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

i'm using the stock o-ring. no leaks.
Rafflesia07 is offline  
Old 06-16-2016, 09:18 AM
  #455  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (21)
 
GrandeGixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Waldorf, MD
Posts: 3,322
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Any good options for a replacement chassis besides the stock Mugen part?

Thanks
GrandeGixxer is offline  
Old 06-27-2016, 12:09 AM
  #456  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
ChadB.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hillsboro,OR
Posts: 1,341
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer View Post
Any good options for a replacement chassis besides the stock Mugen part?

Thanks
As far as I know, there is not.


Is anyone extending there rear camber link to the rear bulkhead? Is so, how are you doing it?
ChadB. is offline  
Old 06-29-2016, 04:58 PM
  #457  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
kewdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sneederville, USA
Posts: 3,322
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ChadB. View Post
As far as I know, there is not.


Is anyone extending there rear camber link to the rear bulkhead? Is so, how are you doing it?
Extending it how?
kewdawg is offline  
Old 06-29-2016, 06:08 PM
  #458  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
ChadB.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hillsboro,OR
Posts: 1,341
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kewdawg View Post
Extending it how?
By moving inner camber link to the bulkhead.

I want to know if other people are doing it and if so, how.
ChadB. is offline  
Old 07-16-2016, 02:10 PM
  #459  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Athens Greece
Posts: 144
Default

Originally Posted by ChadB. View Post
By moving inner camber link to the bulkhead.

I want to know if other people are doing it and if so, how.
Here in Greece Mugen team uses this to all of its cars for 2016 and the lap times are amazingly better ..

It needs modification to the bulkheads so the camber link can be mounted properly(flat)
and not in an angle.
tonyhalandri is offline  
Old 07-16-2016, 10:45 PM
  #460  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (40)
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,737
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tonyhalandri View Post
Here in Greece Mugen team uses this to all of its cars for 2016 and the lap times are amazingly better ..

It needs modification to the bulkheads so the camber link can be mounted properly(flat)
and not in an angle.
can you post a picture?
Grenade10 is offline  
Old 07-24-2016, 04:08 PM
  #461  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (21)
 
GrandeGixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Waldorf, MD
Posts: 3,322
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

I am sure if it is an issue, it's been covered so I apologize for being too lazy to find it...

Has anyone else had an issue with the throttle slide coming out and hitting the fuel tank. When I set my end point to stop right before it hits, the throttle will not open all of the way.

Thanks in advance, Joe Cude.
GrandeGixxer is offline  
Old 07-24-2016, 07:59 PM
  #462  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (40)
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,737
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer View Post
I am sure if it is an issue, it's been covered so I apologize for being too lazy to find it...

Has anyone else had an issue with the throttle slide coming out and hitting the fuel tank. When I set my end point to stop right before it hits, the throttle will not open all of the way.

Thanks in advance, Joe Cude.
I have to be careful when setting mine, but I stop the throttle when it goes past the restrictor. If I let it go past, the it hits. Reds WC engine 5.4 restrictor.
Grenade10 is offline  
Old 07-25-2016, 05:27 AM
  #463  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (21)
 
GrandeGixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Waldorf, MD
Posts: 3,322
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

I am running the VIRTUS, and it is not open all the way when it hits. Stock gearing. There is about 1mm of slide showing when it hits.
GrandeGixxer is offline  
Old 07-25-2016, 04:05 PM
  #464  
Tech Master
iTrader: (47)
 
Scott B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NOR-CAL
Posts: 1,336
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer View Post
I am running the VIRTUS, and it is not open all the way when it hits. Stock gearing. There is about 1mm of slide showing when it hits.
If it has the offset carb you'll need to turn the carb and play with the postion of the ball on the carb to get it to fully open and clear the tank, I had to do it on my mito.
Scott B is offline  
Old 07-25-2016, 05:50 PM
  #465  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (21)
 
GrandeGixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Waldorf, MD
Posts: 3,322
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

After some "fiddling" I got it. Everything is so tight in this car, just gotta figure out the best way to route everything.

Loving it so far though!

What is everyone running for tire stagger? I have been cutting to 64r and 62f. By the end of warmup and a qualifier, they are both at about 61. Is this the norm? It was like that with 37's, 40's and 42's. If I were running a long main, I would be on rim by the middle of the race. Running the 24t front pulley.

I'm new to the car and it's been 8 years since I've ran on road so please be patient with me, lol!
GrandeGixxer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.