2014 New Mugen Mtx 6- 1/10th GP Touring >

2014 New Mugen Mtx 6- 1/10th GP Touring

Like Tree17Likes

2014 New Mugen Mtx 6- 1/10th GP Touring

Old 06-25-2015, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
Let us know how it goes after trying our suggestions.
I will. My next race is on the 4th. It will be my final chance to get things squared away before the Timezone Grand Prix.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigbank66 View Post
If u want to calm the Car down....the p37 was the body to have...now I drive the VRS... srs has way too much steering an I see u have that problem already
it Really depends on driving style..How smooth u r with the Car..
ChadB is the guy who might have too much steering, but yes, the srs made my 747 turn in like a beast!
Old 06-25-2015, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

The srs is my favorite and I like my mtx6 with too much steering but it needs too much practice to find the best balance between set up and body ...when you are on 65 D/R you must stiffen the front end oils,springs,bars so you can take steering off and stabilize the rear end.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

I find the vrs, to dig in a little too aggressively at corner entry. I find the spark body to be a lot smoother in and out of the corners . In regards to rear traction I would use the lower roll center in the rear to start , camber bridge bottom inside ,2 mm shim on top of rear hub 2.0 rear sway and 3 degrees of toe in. Harder spring and harder sway in front is going to give u more initial steering at corner entry on a low medium traction track with the loss of mid and exit so I wouldn't do that. Rear camber you adjust with what the tires tell u.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Tried to install low profile savox servos but the wire is in the way of the other servos ears. Are most guys using standard servos or are the savox ones the only ones with this issue?
Old 06-26-2015, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

I never tried savox but I'm using low profile ko propo servos in both positions
Old 06-26-2015, 03:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Talking Servos

Tried to install low profile savox servos but the wire is in the way of the other servos ears. Are most guys using standard servos or are the savox ones the only ones with this issue?
I've used them and futaba as well.
I have found I need the modify the servo holder a bit, by putting and small scollop in the holder where the wires come out this can help to stop the clashing.
I also shorten my leads but I take the back off the servo and remover the grommet and run a piece of heat shrink tube from about 5mm back from the end of the plug right to inside the servo then I seal it with some silastic.
I use heat shirk tube that stays soft.
This does take a bit of work but it's worth protecting your servo leads..
Old 06-26-2015, 03:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Pics

2014 New Mugen Mtx 6- 1/10th GP Touring-image.jpg

I know it looks a bit dagy but I use shoe goe the hold the wirse in place too.
The wires a double insulated right in to the RX box.
The heat shrink is still soft and if you heat it just a bit it can mould in the a shape and stay there too.
Savox lead are so LONG.
I also shorten my transponder lead and it all fits in side the RX box
With a micro deans plug for the power lead.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Servo pics.

2014 New Mugen Mtx 6- 1/10th GP Touring-image.jpg
Other side

Ps I make all the leads the same length and then I have a spare made up that can go in eather position.
I think the leads are 110mm long.
One trick is only put enough heat shrink on to get inside the RX box after that you what them to be flexible ..

One other trick is drill through the centre radio tray mount screw so you can use a longer screw.
Also the plastic is very soft take care doing up the screws that mount to the radio tray, just nip them up

Hope this helps.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shanwright View Post
I've used them and futaba as well.
I have found I need the modify the servo holder a bit, by putting and small scollop in the holder where the wires come out this can help to stop the clashing.
I also shorten my leads but I take the back off the servo and remover the grommet and run a piece of heat shrink tube from about 5mm back from the end of the plug right to inside the servo then I seal it with some silastic.
I use heat shirk tube that stays soft.
This does take a bit of work but it's worth protecting your servo leads..
Attachment 1300505

I know it looks a bit dagy but I use shoe goe the hold the wirse in place too.
The wires a double insulated right in to the RX box.
The heat shrink is still soft and if you heat it just a bit it can mould in the a shape and stay there too.
Savox lead are so LONG.
I also shorten my transponder lead and it all fits in side the RX box
With a micro deans plug for the power lead.
Attachment 1300510
Other side

Ps I make all the leads the same length and then I have a spare made up that can go in eather position.
I think the leads are 110mm long.
One trick is only put enough heat shrink on to get inside the RX box after that you what them to be flexible ..

One other trick is drill through the centre radio tray mount screw so you can use a longer screw.
Also the plastic is very soft take care doing up the screws that mount to the radio tray, just nip them up

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the help. I also shorten my servo leads, but i cut the wires and crimp them. For now i installed standard size servos.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

What is the rating on the stock clutch spring? The manual says to adjust it so its flush with the flywheel nut. I know thats something we adjust on the track, but that seems like very little preload to me.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

What is the rating on the stock clutch spring? The manual says to adjust it so its flush with the flywheel nut. I know thats something we adjust on the track, but that seems like very little preload to me.
.2-.4 is the average for spring preload with .4-.5 bell float.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The clutch works better that way....if u can see a whole thread it's too tight...mine u might see just a hair of thread...no pun..an it hits hard out the corners...
Old 06-28-2015, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigbank66 View Post
The clutch works better that way....if u can see a whole thread it's too tight...mine u might see just a hair of thread...no pun..an it hits hard out the corners...
I originally had my nut all the way flush from the thread. When I pulled the clutchbell off and noticed the nut was rubbing against the clutchbell. I also noticed it was effecting the gap for the clutch shoe. After turning it in, showing a thread or two, it was better.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:49 AM
Tech Regular

Mugen clutch is the easiest clutch you will ever do, and by the way , anyone still using the aluminum spring nut , get rid of it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.