2014 New Mugen Mtx 6- 1/10th GP Touring >

2014 New Mugen Mtx 6- 1/10th GP Touring

Like Tree17Likes

2014 New Mugen Mtx 6- 1/10th GP Touring

Old 04-05-2015, 01:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigbank66 View Post
U might want to lower the shims on your rear top hub down to 1mm....this will take away some rotation in the rear an make the Car push more..
Having similar troubles as others who have posted about rear traction on low grip tracks, and having tried everything I thought would help the quoted post being opposite to my directions sparked a new direction of thought. After spending the day breaking in a engine then testing setup I finished with from kit, Black springs, spool Fr diff, #40k Rr diff oil, 40Sh tyres all round, Rr inner camber link long hole #2, 2mm on top Rr hubs and Fr upper hinge pins upwards. Backwards to what I'd expect to work but the car was close to dialled in. Next I'll head back for a little more steering response trying 37Fr and #1M Fr diff oil.

My 2 cents,
m.Ellis
Old 04-06-2015, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Have the new car built and trying to find solutions for gas tank strap / ring / pull for re-fueling. I've done them with a long zip tie going into the rear shock tower, but looking for other options.

Any picture or input would be appreciated.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
Have the new car built and trying to find solutions for gas tank strap / ring / pull for re-fueling. I've done them with a long zip tie going into the rear shock tower, but looking for other options.

Any picture or input would be appreciated.

etiher the long zip tie or you could glue some sand paper (1/8 ) to the tanks pull but youll have to cut the hole on the windshield accordingly
Old 04-07-2015, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Looking for an inexpensive club racing setup and wondering if anyone is running this setup

RB Products Speed 12 3-Port Touring Car Engine w/2668 In-Line Pipe (Turbo Plug)

http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/rb-products-speed-12-3-port-touring-car-engine-w-2668-in-line-pipe-turbo-plug-rbde01714-speed/p297569
Old 04-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Take a look at the new rex legend 12 or 12R. Basically they're the keep on and flash pt.
When I need a new motor, that's what I'll be going with. Picco is probably one of the fastest, from what I've been hearing and is definitely the cheapest motor around. I stick with novas, very reliable, or nova based.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JOE SI View Post
Take a look at the new rex legend 12 or 12R. Basically they're the keep on and flash pt.
When I need a new motor, that's what I'll be going with. Picco is probably one of the fastest, from what I've been hearing and is definitely the cheapest motor around. I stick with novas, very reliable, or nova based.
Im looking for an inexpensive but reliable setup. I don't need the fastest, whats the cost of the Rex motors
Old 04-07-2015, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Photocycler View Post
Im looking for an inexpensive but reliable setup. I don't need the fastest, whats the cost of the Rex motors
I would suggest the Novarossi Sturm engine.

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...engine-p-28019

We use this engine as a standard engine in the Dutch Nationals.
It has been a very reliable and competitive engine, the best drivers are only 0,2 sec slower as compared to their fully tuned engines.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
I would suggest the Novarossi Sturm engine.

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...engine-p-28019

We use this engine as a standard engine in the Dutch Nationals.
It has been a very reliable and competitive engine, the best drivers are only 0,2 sec slower as compared to their fully tuned engines.

What pipe and header do you run?
Old 04-07-2015, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

$250 for the Rex legend 12 and $300 for the legend 12R. You would have to buy a pipe. Trust me, I don't need the fastest motors either. I'm still learning car setup and the fastest motors are probably going to hurt my lap times rather than better them. I have 2 keep ons now and the Rex legend motors are the exact same thing with a different head, and the blue head is better looking IMO than the purple.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

What pipe and header do you run?
We all run the same pipe/header set aswell, the Low Noise set made by Hipex.
This is the only exhaust available which stays below the hearing damage level.
If you want more noise and a little bit more performance I would recommend the 2669 Evo2 pipe from Hipex

http://www.hipex.it/en/pipe-hipex-12-2669-evo2.html

Here a short clip from the top 3 of our national championship running very close:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTScaAuUfXo

I'm the white/red car going from third to first in the clip.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Looking for an inexpensive club racing setup and wondering if anyone is running this setup
Buy the Novarossi Sturm for 100 dollar...!!!!!!!

Here a clip to see the speed, they al drive the Sturm with Hipex low noise.
It fast enough for 90% of the drivers on club and national level.

I`m driving the blue car and been filming with the Pivothead durango sunglasses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dluizVd5jXo
Old 04-09-2015, 12:18 AM
Tech Regular

RB Products Speed 12 3-Port Touring Car Engine w/2668 In-Line Pipe (Turbo Plug)

http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/rb-prod...-speed/p297569
That motor works fine....it all depends on what type of track u run on...if its a open euro style track power comes into play...if u run on a small us style track...its more of a clutch set up style where grunt out of the corners makes a huge difference...i have seen the RB speed run wit the big boys at my track an dont miss a beat...if its a open track where u just grab throttle go get a high power motor..
Old 04-10-2015, 12:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
For the rear diff I tried 40k, 60k, and 80k.

I run on a medium traction track without any surface treatment or additive.
With 40k the car changed direction a bit faster in the technical part but was too nervous in the fast part. Also acceleration and corner speed was a bit less.
With 80k the car was nice and stable and had good acceleration and corner speed.
If traction is high enough I think 80K is a good setting to start with.
Next day traction was a bit less so I went back to 60k. With 80k the rear was sliding too much causing a lot of tire wear.
In 2015 I want to try 80k again but with more flex at the rear of the car.
The rear end of the MTX-6 is extremely stiff compared to other cars because of all the carbon braces.

For the front I tried 300k, 500k and 1000k.

With 300k I missed on throttle steering in slow and fast corners.
With 1000k the car was really good in the fast sweeper and during braking, but change of direction was too slow and not enough steering on corner entry.
500k gave the best balance and gave the best laptimes.

The only Blitz body I liked is the RS4. It still gives good laptimes and it is worth trying on a big open track since it has the lowest drag of all body's thus boosting top end speed and reducing fuel consumption.
But this year I didn't use it anymore because on all the tracks I was faster with the SRS.
The other good alternative is the SRC Spark. It rotates very nicely and is defiantly worth trying if you are running on a track with a lot of hairpin corners.
I tried the 500k instead of 1000k and I loose mid and exit corner of powering steering ..
Old 04-13-2015, 01:23 AM
Tech Elite

Low~medium traction

Diff
1000k fr, 50k rr

Shock
Fr 1.1, 2 holes 600
Rr 1.1, 2 holes 500

Spring
Soft

Drop
Fr 1
Rr 3

Last edited by Faiq-X4; 04-13-2015 at 02:12 AM.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I see some of you guys using some very heavy diff oils in the front. Why not just use a spool in the front instead? Is anyone using one-ways in touring cars anymore?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.