R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-21-2005, 06:03 AM   #1
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default KFactory KV1

Hi Guys!

Does anyone have further detail on this RTR kit. It appears to be the Trinity Reflex NT aka Kyosho V1R given a fresh breath of life?

Following is a link to KFactory site with more information, but i still have the following questions...

1/ Is is a Serpent Centax like on the Reflex or a shoe clutch like that on the orginal Kyosho?

2/ Looking at the photos it appears to be gear diffs front an rear is that the case?

3/ Unisversal all way around?

4/ Alloy hex?

5/ Parts availability??? Anyone got any spares etc?

http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...name=&id=K0001

I look forward to hearing some responses...

BB
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 09:01 AM   #2
Tech Master
 
performula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: CO
Posts: 1,729
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Very cool! I'd like to see how much that is and I would pick one up ditching the radio. I have always wanted a V1RR and this is close enough.
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 09:10 AM   #3
Tech Master
 
performula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: CO
Posts: 1,729
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by performula
Very cool! I'd like to see how much that is and I would pick one up ditching the radio. I have always wanted a V1RR and this is close enough.
I found this:

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...a2914949e3037b
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 01:46 AM   #4
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by performula

Thank you

I did have a look an it doesn't really answer my questions, but it good to see them being sold. I am not sure about parts availabilty though...

BB
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 02:04 AM   #5
Tech Champion
 
heavy's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 5,139
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Bundy Bear - Mick Sherman has em in stock if you want to see and feel one.
__________________
Honorary Life Member Logan RCCC -Mi6EVO and Serpent F1
Honorary Life Member Chargers RCCC -Cat K1 Aero
Life Member Bayside RCCC -Schumacher Mi6EVO
Boondall. SuperShot, XX, SVR,Schumacher Storm BigWig
heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 03:37 AM   #6
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy
Bundy Bear - Mick Sherman has em in stock if you want to see and feel one.
Heavy: Thank you... i dropped into Springwood on Sunday, but ther were out of stock. I might do that though

Not that i am in the market for a return to R/C See you Sunday, hopefully i can Derrick back on track with the G4 to break into 16 lappers

BB
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 03:47 AM   #7
afm
Tech Master
 
afm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: lima-peru
Posts: 1,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hi Guys!

Does anyone have further detail on this RTR kit. It appears to be the Trinity Reflex NT aka Kyosho V1R given a fresh breath of life?

Following is a link to KFactory site with more information, but i still have the following questions...

1/ Is is a Serpent Centax like on the Reflex or a shoe clutch like that on the orginal Kyosho?

2/ Looking at the photos it appears to be gear diffs front an rear is that the case?

3/ Unisversal all way around?

4/ Alloy hex?

5/ Parts availability??? Anyone got any spares etc?

http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...name=&id=K0001

I look forward to hearing some responses...

BB
Bundy Bear

We sell them down here (Peru).
As you know K Factory is a company of Team Magic, so yes it is a fully optioned Reflex NT, which was the first car TM produced before the G4.

1.- Beeing a RTR it has a shoe type clutch, and the gear box is the same style as the original Serpent Impulse.

2.- Yes it comes with front and rear diffs.

3.- Yes, Universals allround

4.- No, plastic hex allround

5.- Most Reflex and Kyosho VoneR, RR parts fit, like belts, pulleys, arms, steering blocks, rear uprights, diffs. But I'm sure that whoever distributes it will have parts availability (we will carry them soon).

Regards
AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 04:08 AM   #8
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm
Bundy Bear

We sell them down here (Peru).
As you know K Factory is a company of Team Magic, so yes it is a fully optioned Reflex NT, which was the first car TM produced before the G4.

1.- Beeing a RTR it has a shoe type clutch, and the gear box is the same style as the original Serpent Impulse.

2.- Yes it comes with front and rear diffs.

3.- Yes, Universals allround

4.- No, plastic hex allround

5.- Most Reflex and Kyosho VoneR, RR parts fit, like belts, pulleys, arms, steering blocks, rear uprights, diffs. But I'm sure that whoever distributes it will have parts availability (we will carry them soon).

Regards
AFM

AFM: Thank you, will the belts be interchangable with the ones on the G4? I would think that a few of the parts will the same... This looks to be a very good choice for someone wanting to run on rubbers rather then having a car primarily designed for foams.

BB
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 07:46 AM   #9
afm
Tech Master
 
afm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: lima-peru
Posts: 1,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
AFM: Thank you, will the belts be interchangable with the ones on the G4? I would think that a few of the parts will the same... This looks to be a very good choice for someone wanting to run on rubbers rather then having a car primarily designed for foams.

BB
I'm just in the process of verifying the compatibilty of parts with the G4, since we also sell it here, before i order parts for it, because we do have stock of G4 parts.
Not only the looks, the car is so well built and optioned (comes with foams included), and beeing an image of the Kyosho V One R-RR, it should be capable of running either Foams or Rubber.
I've never seen a RTR so well equipped, appart from the engine which is a .15 SH, and the AM radio....even the pipe is a last generation in-line Team Magic system.
I would think of it as a Ready To Race, rather than a Ready To Run.

Just got them in haven't had time to puts some track time on it yet.

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 04:03 PM   #10
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm
I'm just in the process of verifying the compatibilty of parts with the G4, since we also sell it here, before i order parts for it, because we do have stock of G4 parts.
Not only the looks, the car is so well built and optioned (comes with foams included), and beeing an image of the Kyosho V One R-RR, it should be capable of running either Foams or Rubber.
I've never seen a RTR so well equipped, appart from the engine which is a .15 SH, and the AM radio....even the pipe is a last generation in-line Team Magic system.
I would think of it as a Ready To Race, rather than a Ready To Run.

Just got them in haven't had time to puts some track time on it yet.

AFM
AFM:

Keep us posted

BB
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 04:41 PM   #11
Tech Master
 
performula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: CO
Posts: 1,729
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Yes I would like to know information too. Thanks AFM.
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 11:15 PM   #12
Tech Adept
 
nickko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 115
Send a message via MSN to nickko
Default

The car is very easy to drive. Optional parts installed are just cool. With the included Lola VDS body & special setup, it is faster than many 1/10 gas touring car at the track.
nickko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 11:35 PM   #13
Tech Champion
 
heavy's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 5,139
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Naturally with that body on it but what's it like with a touring car body and are teh body mounts etc long enough to mount a normal 200mm touring car body.
__________________
Honorary Life Member Logan RCCC -Mi6EVO and Serpent F1
Honorary Life Member Chargers RCCC -Cat K1 Aero
Life Member Bayside RCCC -Schumacher Mi6EVO
Boondall. SuperShot, XX, SVR,Schumacher Storm BigWig
heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 12:17 AM   #14
Tech Adept
 
nickko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 115
Send a message via MSN to nickko
Default

The body posts included are suitable for both Lola VDS body & touring car body. Either one is ok.
nickko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:18 AM   #15
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickko
The car is very easy to drive. Optional parts installed are just cool. With the included Lola VDS body & special setup, it is faster than many 1/10 gas touring car at the track.
Nickko: Does KFactory / Team Magic plan to keep the car on the market for a while, or did they have a heap of parts left over that they were wanting to get rid of? Don't mean to be rude about it, but i don't think anyone wants to buy something that is not going to have support from the manufacturer!

Also are you able to shed some light onto what parts will be interchangable with the G4?

I look forward to hearing from you shortly

BB
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
F/S KFACTORY MONGOOSE G4 Roller bill marchant R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 08-02-2006 09:23 PM
MONGOOSE KFACTORY UPGRADES F/S bill marchant R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 06-26-2006 07:34 PM
Kfactory G4/Mongoose 3mm Chassis NIB rodneybarrett R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-24-2005 10:23 AM
Problem with G4 kfactory front one way?? mario_vk Nitro On-Road 9 01-06-2005 04:24 PM
G4 with kfactory speedy100 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-13-2004 10:19 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:19 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net