R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-28-2005, 11:51 PM   #76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to v0rtex Send a message via AIM to v0rtex Send a message via MSN to v0rtex

I just paid AUD$1.28/litre for regular. And you think you have it bad..
Old 08-29-2005, 03:34 AM   #77
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Qlone

Pff... it's about 1.50 euro's for a liter here (in holland). Even diesel is 1 euro per liter or even slightly more.

Anyway, back on topic. I'm 29, and will be turning 30 thursday . I started R/C when I was about 14 years old, with a very simple nikko car. After that came a tamiya Manta Ray.
Then I quit the R/C thing, only to get back into it again about 4 years ago. My first gas car was a HPI RS4-2. Driving around on parking lost quickly became boring, so I started searching for nearby tracks. They were easily found, but there I dicovered that an HPI really doesn't do it there. So I bought a Serpent Impulse. And another HPI (RS4-3 for the parking lots). And when it was released, a serpent 710, which I still drive today.

Apart from the RS4-2, I still have all my cars, and they are all in working condition. My collection so far: 1x HPI RS4-3, 1x Serpent Impulse, 1x Serpent 710 and 2x M18 (one stock, and one with 300 size motor).
Qlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:20 AM   #78
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I'm 41, been on and off the hobby for 20years. This is a hard habit to quit. Just too much fun. Started with a Tamiya Boomerang. I prefer mostly onroad. Raced regularly at the Ranch back in the day when they had a world class onroad track. Raced at the first two RC Thunderdromes. Got burned out on the battery wars and all the equipement to make 1200's fly.

Came back when Tamiya came out with sedans and F1s. Got married and took a break. Started racing at So Cal after they moved to HB then moved to a new house and took a break again. Came back again and also ran some nitro at CP then took a break again to have my second child. Now I am back at So Cal with permission to go weekly on Tues. plus (1) Sat. per month.

I don't know what to do with the nitro cars that I have. I stocked up on them thinking I would go nitro after the break. However, I can't take the heat from being outdoors under sun all day (I guess thats from getting old) and its just too easy to just bring a car and box to just plop yourself at the table at So Cal.

I found some good deals on Kyosho TF4Rs on EBay a while back and KX-Ones to the point where I am stocked on both of them plus whatever parts I got from Tower before they dumped Kyosho. I've got (3)fully loaded TF4Rs and (5) KX-Ones (2 running , 1 roller, 2 in parts). But anyhow everyone said that the hot ticket is the FK05. Anyways, long story short, I shopped and now I have (2) FK05s as well, plus a Yok SD just in case.

Like everyone else here, ya I have a lot of cars, ya my wife thinks I'm crazy but deals with me anyways (just like I deal with her neverending bag and shoe collection). Its just that the my biggest frustration is TIME. Thers is just not enough time to dedicate yourself to playing with all the cars the right way by spending time setting it up and practicing with it and so on. I have also thought about selling the cars and I have sold a few but some of them are just too old to sell and not worthwhile for time and effort into them and the money it would yield.

Oh and yes, I do have other items I collect to someday restore and display in my very own private RC museum. I specialize in rare Japanese 1/12 cars from the '80s especially if they have 4wd or unique suspension other than just a T-plate.

Anyways, I am hooked for life.

Hey rumor has it the nitro onroad is dying out. Yes or No?
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:39 AM   #79
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Nitro on road is doing very well. Revelation races weekly and the turn out is quite good. You should come by and check it out especially now that it's cooling down and being outside is rather nice. Pits at Revelation also have shades if you want to stay out of the sun.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 01:16 AM   #80
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
Nitro on road is doing very well. Revelation races weekly and the turn out is quite good. You should come by and check it out especially now that it's cooling down and being outside is rather nice. Pits at Revelation also have shades if you want to stay out of the sun.
Jeff, I've been to Revelation Racetrack long time ago when I was in college 1995. Do Rev. Raceway still have thursday night race ? and some pics if you don't mind. I really miss going there.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 07:32 AM   #81
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Jeff, I've been to Revelation Racetrack long time ago when I was in college 1995. Do Rev. Raceway still have thursday night race ? and some pics if you don't mind. I really miss going there.
here:

www.revrace.com
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 09:02 AM   #82
Tech Adept

Im 31, started in summer 2001 with a HPI Nitro RS4.
Here a list of the cars that I own so far:
HPI Nitro RS4
AE NTC3 (2X)
HPI Super F1
Tamiya TL-01 (2X)
AE TC3
LOSI XXX G+
LOSI XXX-T Matt Francis edition
HPI micro RS4
AE B4
Traxxas T-Maxx
LOSI XXX-NT
Kyosho mini-z MR-02
HPI Savage
Serpent 835
AE RC12L4
Mugen MTX-3
AE RC18-T
Rookie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 09:11 AM   #83
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

I've just turned 19 on the 12th. The cars I've had so far are:

NEO TNT(sold)
TL01 (lurking about in the dust)
Sport NT (sold)
RC10GT (been sold for ages)
MGT (sqaushing my 6ft tall stand)
R40 (has nothing on it now)
MRX4 (working on engine tuning)
CD3 pro (runs great with the Rody 3port std plug
Hot Bodies Lightning Buggy (traded for CD3 pro)
Old 09-17-2005, 10:51 AM   #84
Tech Initiate

Im 13
scpres1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 11:59 AM   #85
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by scpres1
Im 13
and your story ? your car ? who introduce this hobby to you ?
Old 09-17-2005, 12:08 PM   #86
Nitro Tech

I'm 32. Still young!
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 02:54 PM   #87
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino.tw
I'm 32. Still young!
Sorry, off topic.

Dino, can your company STS make novarossi NSR12S5 sleeve ? N12LL5 sleeve ? Maybe like custom order ?
Old 09-17-2005, 03:48 PM   #88
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dracy69 Send a message via Yahoo to dracy69

Im 14, i got into the hobby 2-3 years ago. I bought my first car off my brother for like 200 bucks. it was a nitro rs4 2 with a few hop-ups. i couldnt get it running at first. very shortly after i bought a brand new savage 25 from action hobbies on longisland (where i live) and thats when i really got into r/c. after i bought a o.s. 15cv-rx foam tires and motorsaver air filter for my rs4 and got that running. i had those 2 cars up until march around my birthday i sold the rs4 (not so easy) to get into paintball ( ) and have missed the car ever since. over the next year i gave the savage hop-ups here and there (picco engine, drivetrain parts, exaust intake etc) then on my birthday i bought a used hopped up micro rs4 (from some1 on rctech) and a brand new rs4 mt2 18ss (ultimate hobbies). i love both cars (which i still own) but the savage is still my baby. last christmas i put about 700 dollars into my savage and i plan on egtting a few more things and i would like to start racing that and my mt2 next year. i missed having a touring car so over the summer after saving from work i bought the rs4 3 18ss kit and i have been extremely pleased with all my cars, my savage is my favorite and i will never get rid of it. and this christmas i will be saving for the baja 5b. I love hpi they are the best cars yuou can get and its all i plan on getting.
dracy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 08:37 PM   #89
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Ohh yeah I forgot too add I started the hobby way back in hmm..1996? Not sure really, but my friend who got me in started me off with an RC10GT. Really great truck. Most of the stuff he taught me though were totally wrong and I later ended up correcting him. Now I know more about the hobby than he does, but he moved onto real cars. I may do the same in the future .
Old 09-17-2005, 09:42 PM   #90
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dracy69 Send a message via Yahoo to dracy69

my cousin got me into and its the same way, not that he told me the wrong shit but i know more about the hobby now too. he's the one who got me into paintball also.
dracy69 is offline   Reply With Quote