R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-24-2005, 11:10 AM   #151
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dracy69 Send a message via Yahoo to dracy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkeberg
ye well you can expect that the world will have a serious problem with weather change and more "trouble" is yet to come unless we change the way we get around and run cars that run on compressed air which i know are going on sale nxt yr in europ, retailing for $15.000euro's
car companies are working pretty hard on those, the problem is they are dangerous and have no kind of support, there isnt a system of stations for them. they are dangerous because 3-4 300 cu in tanks compressed with 3000psi of hydrogen in the back of a hatchback wont be any good when you get rear ended.
dracy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 11:38 AM   #152
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hydrogen fuel cells are the most likely path, considering that Gasoline is pound for pound identical in it's exlposive potential...IDENTICAL. Do some research, you'll find that even the Govenator is pushing for hydro stations throughout California. If you think man has no impact on the environment, go to LA, and take a deep breath...I've been there several times. I lived in San Diego for almost a year. Every time I drove north to Orange County, my throat burned, my eyes watered and I got a headache. I don't see how people can live in that shit, cause that's what the air is out there, shit... SUVs bring us to the unavoidable truth 20% faster. And for those of you who bitch about fuel prices, after buying a gas guzzler...what are you stupid!? What did you think would happen? Did you honestly believe you'd pay yesterdays prices forever? The Europeans have dealt with this for years, while we WASTE fuel. But hey, as an American, it's your "God Given Right" to be wasteful, so, go ahead, waste you money...genious!

Edit: For those of you who actually use the space afforded by an SUV, a Honda Accord(30+mpg) seats 5, and is available in wagon form, so you can still fit your 2.5 kids and the soccer balls, racing equipment, golf clubs, and those 2 bags of concrete you swore you needed a truck to carry...hehe
R40Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 11:48 AM   #153
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by R40Victim
Hydrogen fuel cells are the most likely path, considering that Gasoline is pound for pound identical in it's exlposive potential...IDENTICAL. Do some research, you'll find that even the Govenator is pushing for hydro stations throughout California. If you think man has no impact on the environment, go to LA, and take a deep breath...I've been there several times. I lived in San Diego for almost a year. Every time I drove north to Orange County, my throat burned, my eyes watered and I got a headache. I don't see how people can live in that shit, cause that's what the air is out there, shit... SUVs bring us to the unavoidable truth 20% faster. And for those of you who bitch about fuel prices, after buying a gas guzzler...what are you stupid!? What did you think would happen? Did you honestly believe you'd pay yesterdays prices forever? The Europeans have dealt with this for years, while we WASTE fuel. But hey, as an American, it's your "God Given Right" to be wasteful, so, go ahead, waste you money...genious!

Edit: For those of you who actually use the space afforded by an SUV, a Honda Accord(30+mpg) seats 5, and is available in wagon form, so you can still fit your 2.5 kids and the soccer balls, racing equipment, golf clubs, and those 2 bags of concrete you swore you needed a truck to carry...hehe

Truer words were never...

But be careful, this could cost you your passport
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 01:06 PM   #154
Tech Champion

Lol, just stoking the fire... I get a kick out of people who defend blatantly wasteful behavior.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:21 PM   #155
Tech Elite

o.k. gas tanks have more protection then those hydrogen tnaks in a car, i know the govenator is pushing for those stations in cali but thats in cali and only cali. im personally not against buying suv's but i am against the people who buy them that dont need them, for those of us that go camping, tow trialers, etc etc we need the trucks with the storage and power to tow a trailer. id take a deisel pick-up over any suv anyday but not everyone can get a deisel pick-up and use it everyday without figuring out you cant park it in the wal-mart parking lot. a honda accord doesnt have 10,000lbs towing capacity along with any other foreign car out there. im not trying to argue but your making it seem like every1 who buys trucks buys them just to have them, those are the people who need to get cars.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:55 PM   #156
Tech Champion

If your towing 10,000 lbs, then of course you can't do it with an accord. I meant the 130 lb woman driving the escalade(99% of the time by herself) at warp 9 through the grocery parking lot claiming her 2.5 kids and an ocasional visit to Home Depot mean she needs a 5000 lb death missile... Oh, and the false sense of security a larger vehicle affords. These people dot the roads, they're everywhere! Truth be told, a smaller lighter vehicle is more likley to stand a chance at avoiding an acident, rather than creaming through and flipping as SUVs have a tendancy to do... And yes, deisel motors make more sense, particurly the turbos. Using the torque to get moving, then letting off the throttle for significantly better economy, hence, the common powerplants of tractor/trailors.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:09 PM   #157
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Braaaa! Go to Canada, they make a car there that is a 3 cylinder diesel that gets 100 mpg. They don't sell them in the u.s. though. Be pretty cool if you could put anything more than yourself, wife, and a soda pop in the thing though. Oh yeah brand new you can get it for 15 grand.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 04:43 PM   #158
Suspended

Send a message via MSN to rinkeberg

I read that a french engineer has made cars that run on compressed air, they can run on just one tank for 2000+km which is unbelievable and also they reach speeds of 110km/h and they will be on sale in europ nxt yr for $15.000euro, he used to work as a designer of F1 engines so im pretty sure he knows what he is doing and by the looks of it he ll make alot of money because of our current situation, global warming, drastic weather chages and bad events this is one of the good steps that can be made to stop it all getting worse but time will be wont it.
rinkeberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 06:11 PM   #159
Tech Elite

Quote:
If your towing 10,000 lbs, then of course you can't do it with an accord. I meant the 130 lb woman driving the escalade(99% of the time by herself) at warp 9 through the grocery parking lot claiming her 2.5 kids and an ocasional visit to Home Depot mean she needs a 5000 lb death missile... Oh, and the false sense of security a larger vehicle affords. These people dot the roads, they're everywhere! Truth be told, a smaller lighter vehicle is more likley to stand a chance at avoiding an acident, rather than creaming through and flipping as SUVs have a tendancy to do... And yes, deisel motors make more sense, particurly the turbos. Using the torque to get moving, then letting off the throttle for significantly better economy, hence, the common powerplants of tractor/trailors.
that was my point. although not every1 you see is like that, some people drive their suv's normally but still use its full potential.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:29 PM   #160
Tech Champion

If I were banished to Canada....

The air is clean, the people are nice...they don't even lock their doors....

What a horrible fate!

Hey wait, don't they have a few nice tracks up there?
Old 09-25-2005, 01:31 PM   #161
Tech Elite

if canada had like more stuff to do then it would be cool to live there, but really its just all forest and snow. they need some amusement parks and more people. and more stuff. but then again it would become like the us is now.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:35 PM   #162
Tech Champion

I've heard it described as the loft apartment above a really great party...
Old 09-25-2005, 06:59 PM   #163
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

When I was in Calgary in July I went to a nice track. Mainly 1/8 scales and I was really wishing my stuff was with me!! Very nice out there in the mountains and stuff.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:19 PM   #164
Tech Elite

Quote:
I've heard it described as the loft apartment above a really great party...
Old 09-26-2005, 02:50 AM   #165
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracy69
if canada had like more stuff to do then it would be cool to live there, but really its just all forest and snow. they need some amusement parks and more people. and more stuff. but then again it would become like the us is now.

Dont worry the rest of the world will soon look like the US in a few years, most of the teenagers in the UK look American already.

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote