R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-09-2014, 06:18 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default My Collari Engine wont start...

I basically am going everywhere in search of some help. I have tried everything. resetting the carb to factory (well, since I dont know what kind of carb it is, i can only guess what the factory setting are). moving low and high needles in both directions. it doesnt seem to improve.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have a youtube video, but i am unable to post it because i just registered.
ariesgtturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:37 PM   #2
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesgtturbo View Post
I basically am going everywhere in search of some help. I have tried everything. resetting the carb to factory (well, since I dont know what kind of carb it is, i can only guess what the factory setting are). moving low and high needles in both directions. it doesnt seem to improve.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have a youtube video, but i am unable to post it because i just registered.
Factory setting HSN: Turn screw to the right till it bottoms out, then turn left 3 1/2 turns. LSN; flush with housing. Remove Glow plug, check if glows, dim orange, charge battery, should be a good bright yellow. If using alkaline make sure they're fresh. Fuel tank full? pull off hose at exhaust, and blow though it till you see fuel enter carb. put a drop of fuel down Glow plug hole. Reinstall Glow , install glow plug igniter. attempt to start. Should make noise now. Adjust HSN first. Till it stop smoking and give it throttle. It may stall, restart. Adjust HSN till it keeps running. OH! DO NOT PUT THE CAR ON THE GROUND WHEN IT STARTS. uSE A BRICK KEEPING THE wheels OFF THE GROUND. you're not finished yet. Lower your idle speed cuz its now high. Wheel should be still and speed down to your confortable settings. Idle speed should be low enough the wheels don't turn. It idling put it on the ground, give it throttle, use up the tank of fuel, Let rest 15 minutes. Do steps above, Your in the middle of breaking-in engine, do it for 3 tankful. We'll go from there.

Priming the engine the trick. removing hose at exhaust, and blowing though hose till you see fuel at carb. You're new to hobby. be patient with it. Have fun!!
Geezatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:21 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

This engine is not in need of breaking in. I have had it and ran it for years. Along with many other cars. (Im just new to this forum site)

I can get close to factory with the HSN, but the LSN does not have a housing to go flush with. It is a Rotary Carb...

My tank has a primer plunger, so I know that the carb is getting fuel. in fact, too much fuel. late last night I pulled the engine off, with muffler. a lot of unburnt fuel poured out of the muffler, but it wasnt blue like i usually see, it was gold-ish....
Old 05-10-2014, 08:33 AM   #4
Tech Master

Quote:
This engine is not in need of breaking in. I have had it and ran it for years. Along with many other cars. (Im just new to this forum site)

I can get close to factory with the HSN, but the LSN does not have a housing to go flush with. It is a Rotary Carb...

My tank has a primer plunger, so I know that the carb is getting fuel. in fact, too much fuel. late last night I pulled the engine off, with muffler. a lot of unburnt fuel poured out of the muffler, but it wasnt blue like i usually see, it was gold-ish....
You just flooded the engine, cuz you've forgotten what the needles HSN & LSN, You've keep on adjusting both at the same time.. Unflood engine, shake fuel out, remove GP, Crank engine pull start or bump start. several times. The start from beginning what I had posted, getting to Factory specs on starting up. Like I stated HSN adjustment first till it run. As much fuel as its been nothing but fuel in exhaust, tells me that Igniter with GP or both are not working. GP wet with fuel definitely inop.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:43 AM   #5
Tech Rookie

Ok. I will tackle these issues first thing. Thanks for the help!

so the HSN is the one that will (if adjusted correctly) will get the engine to actually start at idle?
Old 05-10-2014, 08:53 AM   #6
Tech Master

Quote:
Ok. I will tackle these issues first thing. Thanks for the help!

so the HSN is the one that will (if adjusted correctly) will get the engine to actually start at idle?
Use the priming pump just once till fuel you see to the carb. Using priming pump continuously floods the engine more. pump or blowing in exhaust hose does the same thing, it doesn't matter. Always the HSN and idle, 3 1/2 turns from closing. Clear engine with fuel, basically It'll run.