235mm Class

Old 08-16-2005, 07:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 235mm Class

For you Open Class racers out there......what 235mm chassis would you purchase to get into this class. I know that I can put a Lola body on my R40.....would still handle like a TC. Suggestions?
Old 08-18-2005, 12:14 AM
Tech Addict

there are still a few good chassis choices out there to choose from.

mugen k2x avance
serpent 835

heard neo also makes a 235 although i dont know the name. and calandra racing concepts should still have a serpent impact clone.

the lola will help but i'm still a firm believer in the use of a floating rear pod for any kind of high downforce body like lola & gtp.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Put a floating rear body mount, spool in back, one-ways in front, Lola body & wala! Same handling as 235.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

sum 'em up with 32mm rear tires & wider rear track width..
Old 08-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redsand
sum 'em up with 32mm rear tires & wider rear track width..

I assume you are refering to the 200mm chassis with a .12 engine running in the open class with a Lola style body. ROAR has specifically addressed this in the rules and they cover the width of the rear wheel/tire and the overall width of the car. Please refer to them. If your being funny, it is. I am just very sticky about rules.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

who cares bout the rules, if you mainly are racing at the club level.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duneland
Put a floating rear body mount, spool in back, one-ways in front, Lola body & wala! Same handling as 235.
Still chalk & cheese. If you want 235mm charactaristics you need a 235mm car.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

There are NO 200mm can handle like 235mm (no matter how you convert it..), period...No, Nada.....

Just the wider chassis, wider rear tires, the BB 15 engine power plant........are good enough to blow away those 200mm LOLA wannabe.....

On the otherhand, there are no 235mm handle just like 1/8th....too big of a different.

If you really want to pick up a 235mm now....Serpent is the best one to choose from, however, my latest dealer list, there are NO 835 listed on the file............guess what happened on the Serpent end? I can see "discontinued" word from the Serpent website in the future....
Old 08-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
There are NO 200mm can handle like 235mm (no matter how you convert it..), period...No, Nada.....

Just the wider chassis, wider rear tires, the BB 15 engine power plant........are good enough to blow away those 200mm LOLA wannabe.....

On the otherhand, there are no 235mm handle just like 1/8th....too big of a different.

If you really want to pick up a 235mm now....Serpent is the best one to choose from, however, my latest dealer list, there are NO 835 listed on the file............guess what happened on the Serpent end? I can see "discontinued" word from the Serpent website in the future....
It could be but I don't think so. Look at the myTSN were Serpent 2 week ago made public the Serpent Porche Cup for 2006 with 835, Mega spec. engine and spec. tires. That means for me that Serpent want to keep the 235 mm car alive. So I planning to buy one 835.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Default The New Life of the 235mm cars

FIRST DETAILS OF NEW ‘SERPENT PORSCHE CUP’ ANNOUNCED
Raced it today already with lots of fun for the next Serpent Nitro tour on the MACH Track.
This body is really fun if you can ...
power drifting and sharp steering what a day
see this link for next season.
Porsche Cup 2006
Old 08-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by border r/c
FIRST DETAILS OF NEW ‘SERPENT PORSCHE CUP’ ANNOUNCED
Raced it today already with lots of fun for the next Serpent Nitro tour on the MACH Track.
This body is really fun if you can ...
power drifting and sharp steering what a day
see this link for next season.
Porsche Cup 2006
What was the car configuration, zx15 power pack and spec tires. Please some more details.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rccobra705
What was the car configuration, zx15 power pack and spec tires. Please some more details.
I drove the Impact 4wd with Nova evo 4 hat this all left of a few years ago about the Mega power packs there not sure yet.
maybe they give the engine brand free due the fact a lot of people have still motors left.
more info soon on mytsn
Old 08-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

I think it would be cool to put the touring car bodies on both the 235mm and the 200mm chassis, with 4wd and open engines. ROAR, are you listening?
Old 08-23-2005, 05:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davidl
I think it would be cool to put the touring car bodies on both the 235mm and the 200mm chassis, with 4wd and open engines. ROAR, are you listening?

ROAR already heard this. The racers don't want it.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jiml
ROAR already heard this. The racers don't want it.

Hi Jim. At it again. I was referring above to the comment about the 2006 Porsche Cup idea that I think is a wonderfull offering by Serpent. The 835 is a wonderfull car and teamed with the RB 1602-T turbo engine and the Porsche body, you will get the great handling and right sort of speed for a new comer class. The guys can be very creative with the paint schemes on a closed cockpit body that has the opportunity to develop a similar popularity to the touring car craze. I hope that local tracks and regional series pick up on this and promote it in a way to bring in those new racers. I also hope that if that happens, ROAR will pick up on it and eventually offer a National Championship. But this will take time. It will also take some effort and dilligence on the part of the regional ROAR people such as yourself.

You know, you take great pride in telling everyone that you are for ROAR and its vision. That vision by the way includes some interest in developing the opportunities for new people to get involved with RC racing. But, looking at the way you communicate on the message board forums leave me very confused. I can't help but feel that you take an antagonistic approach with your comments, including this last one towards my comment. That isn't very cool for a ROAR Regional Assistant Director. I don't know what gives there, but that is what I see. I would think that you would take the high road approach and be supportive of these ideas that come every once in a while. I know you have bitched in the past that you can't run a 235 car any more because of lack of interest in your area. Well, comments like your last one don't do you, ROAR or RC any good. It makes more sense to me that you would have jumped all over that and mentioned it to be great and you were going to get one to support activity in that area. You know we need that at this point to get something going that is positive. But if all you want to do is bash my ideas and positive thoughts to this group that is discussing 235, that is your choice. But sorry to say, that doesn't support ROAR very well and I am going to support most anything that helps new people get involved in racing RC cars.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.