R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-15-2005, 04:33 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadUSA
I ask a simple yes or no question and you guys have to start being complete ass holes? That is whats low if you ask me.
OffRoad-your name is "OffRoadUSA"(assuming you already knew that). You come on an On-Road thread and tell us how on-road seems boring to you. You also claim to be a newbie, but already know that on-road is just going in circles. If you had a different name and asked more reasonable questions, then you wouldn't catch heat from all the die-hard on-road guys on RCtech.net

Your question was: How long do they last? Common sense would tell you that there is no answer to this question. Maybe you were looking for an answer like 500 runs or something like that, but there are variables, as with anything in life.

Then you said you asked a simple yes-no question and we are being jerks. I'll answer your three questions right now:

1. yes
2. no
3. no
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:44 PM   #17
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Ceratog Send a message via Yahoo to Ceratog

OK Look pea-brain. Let me begin by saying that I am 40 years old. If I want play with a "toy car" then I will come to your house. If I want to play with a nitro methane powered, scale model car that breaks the posted speed limit in most US states then I will head to my local track. Since pointing out the difference to you is tantamount to talking quantum to my cat, I'll leave you to some head scratching.

Ramp an onroad??? Go for it man. Get a serpent, they're best for ramping

Last edited by Ceratog; 08-15-2005 at 05:14 PM.
Ceratog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:43 PM   #18
Tech Rookie

Default hey

hey what
swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:51 PM   #19

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Hey guys dont waste your time or breath. This is a textbook ignorant flame post. Let is pass. I have notified the admin of these posts.

Im sure they will be deleted very soon.

In the meantime how is everyone doing today. LOL. Hows the car running. How about a topic of discussion. What kind of tires do you run and prefer on your on-road. Also let us know what type of track surface and or grip conditions.

Take care.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 09:01 PM   #20
Tech Master

guys STOP replying to this thread it's only going to turn into a full out flame war while this clown is just laughing his ass off seeing as how were getting all worked up about it
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:46 AM   #21
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FW-05RR
guys STOP replying to this thread it's only going to turn into a full out flame war while this clown is just laughing his ass off seeing as how were getting all worked up about it
HES RIGHT
OffRoadUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:58 AM   #22
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadUSA
HES RIGHT
HE WAS TALKING TOO US NOT YOU :
RC-HPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:44 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Anybody viewing this thread run both electric and nitro touring cars? Which one is harder to drive and be competitive in?
Old 08-17-2005, 10:31 PM   #24
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
Anybody viewing this thread run both electric and nitro touring cars? Which one is harder to drive and be competitive in?
I ran both and prefer nitro for the longer mains. luck plays a bigger part for electric as one bump you are out of the running while in nitro you can catch up if you are faster.

As to running the car into grass, it does happen for on road if you race at one of the asian or european tracks that has grassy infields (click on titan r/c in my signature and you'll see). It doesn't hurt the car but you almost certainly would be stuck until you get rescued by a marshall.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 09:23 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
I ran both and prefer nitro for the longer mains. luck plays a bigger part for electric as one bump you are out of the running while in nitro you can catch up if you are faster.

Good point. Only thing that makes me weary is that all the long nitro mains I've watched usually lose half the field due to engine problems, glitches, or breaks. Maybe I've just watched some unluckly races
Old 08-18-2005, 09:51 PM   #26
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
Good point. Only thing that makes me weary is that all the long nitro mains I've watched usually lose half the field due to engine problems, glitches, or breaks. Maybe I've just watched some unluckly races
And that's part of the fun and challenge, that you have to finish first before anything else. You have to weight pushing your car and making time against taking too big of a risk and ended up not finishing. You've got to have the whole package and be smart to do well in nitro, just like real racing.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 02:40 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

these are race cars. on the average, a car is around $1,000 with everything installed (motor, electronics, etc.). a race usually has 10 to 12 cars on a grid. if you think about it, if there are 12 cars racing on the grid, that's $12,000 running on that race track. if there are 150 people signed up to a big race weekend, that would be $150,000 worth of cars on that race track. and i'm only talking cars. track equipment, tools, etc. would double or even triple the amount!

offroadusa, you really are a NEWB
and by the way, i can tell already that you're gonna say something stupid just to have something to say!
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 03:28 PM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you were running the car on the street onto a ramp and into the grass, depending on how it landed, the car might be OK.

Guys, it is his money.
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 04:35 PM   #29
Tech Apprentice

Dude, why you saying what I have to say is stupid? Any one of you could have said yes or no. That is ALL I was asking for in this thread. But you guys gotta make a big deal, expecially when my signature says im a newb! You guys are all messed up.
OffRoadUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 05:05 PM   #30
Tech Fanatic

digging in the sand box again. Worm burner
Runnertime
Hudy
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote