R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Receiver burnt??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/80834-receiver-burnt.html)

dct147 08-14-2005 10:32 AM

Receiver burnt???

hi guys,

after about a month of no touching my car, i turned my controller on, and plugged my batt pack into my receiver. servos were able to operate for awhile. after about 3 secs, my receiver start to have smoke coming out of it, with servos not responding.

i left it alone for a min or 2 then tried to plug it in again. this time servos worked perfectly fine. but my receiver`s very hot.

i plugged it out and left it alone.

all my connections were fine all along. is my receiver burnt?

is there anything i can do at this point if it`s gone??

Pls help.

Thanks!!

AndyT © 08-14-2005 07:24 PM

Sounds like you plugged the receiver pack in wrong and reversed the polarities......always double check to make sure the rec. pack is plugged in correctly.
Cheers

dct147 08-14-2005 10:14 PM

i checked them and they were in the correct direction.

maybe i did it wrongly.

if i had done so, would it mean my RX is busted?

Rapid Roy 08-15-2005 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by dct147
i checked them and they were in the correct direction.

maybe i did it wrongly.

You say the servo's are working properly. Is the receiver cool before you plug the power in? Is there still smoke coming out? You could try removing the cover on your receiver a taking a closer look. Maybe a bug crawled inside and got fried or you might be able to see what is causing the smoke.

AndyT © 08-15-2005 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by dct147

If the receiver continues to smoke everytime its plugged in, then something serious is wrong and its gonna need repairing.
If its plugged in and not smoking anymore, I`d give it a bench test (make sure the servos are moving okay) and then take it for a bit of a practice run to check that range/reception are okay on the receiver.

dct147 08-15-2005 05:20 PM

Thanks guys,

Just tested the servos. all working fine.

i`ll open it tonight for a closer check.

ATXPro4 08-15-2005 08:19 PM

My brother had a problem like this with a JR reciever. He had been racing for most of the day. After one of his races i was on the other side of the track as was like uh ohh someones cars is burning. And a min later i see him trying to get the battery out of his R40. Turns out there was a bad plug on his switch and it shorted inside the reciever. At least thats the best we could come up with.

dct147 08-21-2005 10:51 AM

My brother had a problem like this with a JR reciever. He had been racing for most of the day. After one of his races i was on the other side of the track as was like uh ohh someones cars is burning. And a min later i see him trying to get the battery out of his R40. Turns out there was a bad plug on his switch and it shorted inside the reciever. At least thats the best we could come up with
That`s nasty.......