Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Brand new Kyosho GX15,Back plate top screw holes go strait though to crankcase chambe >

Brand new Kyosho GX15,Back plate top screw holes go strait though to crankcase chambe

Brand new Kyosho GX15,Back plate top screw holes go strait though to crankcase chambe

Old 04-16-2014, 08:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Brand new Kyosho GX15,Back plate top screw holes go strait though to crankcase chambe

Hi all, I have just built a brand new Kyosho GX15 with all the parts bought seperately but when it came to building it i noticed that the two top screw holes for were the back plate screw in had gone strait through to were the piston and cylinder slid in on the inside chamber and so i wanted to find out if the crank case was faulty as i built it with every part brand new but i can not get it started at all. I have tried heating it up to the right temp first and have tried a No.6 and No.8 plug but it won't start no matter how much i have tried and even leaning it out plus all the tricks of the trade have had no success I know this sounds stupid but i thought with the screws going in tight plus some lock tight it would be ok but now i'm starting to think the crank case is faulty and yet it was a brand new case that was still sealed in the bag and had never been touched or had a scratch on it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as i put my first GX15 to one side as i was having issues breaking that in and now i am having issues with my brand new GX15 To say i'm gutted is an understatement and even though these are my first engine builds i've had no issues breaking down and running my old GX12. Thanks in advance.