R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-13-2005, 08:35 AM   #91
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M.
thanks to the Ryan for helping with the 2 speed adj. and Chris for the tips.
Oh thanks to Marc Cruz, i don't know for what but thanks....lol
Good run Marc..
Good job Francis for putting the new car on the 4th starting grid on the Rev TFT!
Old 12-17-2005, 02:07 PM   #92
Tech Adept

Well folks I am almost finished with my car. I have one question about a part that I received and can't seem to find out where it goes. See attached picture of the misc graphite pieces. Attached is also a few pics of the car unfinished and I am very anxious to get her on to the track. Belts are a little tight but I will fix that before the first run. I can say the car definitely looks solid, lite weight and surprisingly out of the box there were so many hop ups.
Attached Thumbnails
Hobao GPX4 Pro-cnv0117.jpg   Hobao GPX4 Pro-cnv0118.jpg   Hobao GPX4 Pro-cnv0119.jpg  
three50zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 02:22 PM   #93
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by three50zx
Well folks I am almost finished with my car. I have one question about a part that I received and can't seem to find out where it goes. See attached picture of the misc graphite pieces. Attached is also a few pics of the car unfinished and I am very anxious to get her on to the track. Belts are a little tight but I will fix that before the first run. I can say the car definitely looks solid, lite weight and surprisingly out of the box there were so many hop ups.
If those two CF pieces are not body post stiffeners, maybe they are lower susp. arms stiffeners.
Btw, your car sure looks beautiful.
ogreasurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 10:20 PM   #94
Tech Elite

Quote:
They are body post stiffeners.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:37 AM   #95
Tech Adept

That's what I thought. I tried to put the body post through the holes but it would not fit. I wanted to make sure I knew what it was, before I started hacking them to make them fit. Another question, I noticed the adjustable mid belt tensioner where the bearing rides, fits a little weird. Actually the bearing does not fit in a line with the belt. Just wondering if anyone elses bearing holder fits like this?
Old 12-18-2005, 05:18 PM   #96
Tech Initiate

Is there a comparison car to this in the US, or a car that you can swap parts with. Because I don't think my LHS has parts for this car, but the kit looks outstanding, and the price is right. Just wondering is this is an off shoot of an american company.
Big Turbo SRT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 05:45 PM   #97
Tech Elite

Quote:
That's what I thought. I tried to put the body post through the holes but it would not fit. I wanted to make sure I knew what it was, before I started hacking them to make them fit. Another question, I noticed the adjustable mid belt tensioner where the bearing rides, fits a little weird. Actually the bearing does not fit in a line with the belt. Just wondering if anyone elses bearing holder fits like this?
mine seems to fit fine.

big turbo most lhs usually carry ofna parts. I'm sure you can have your lhs
order for the parts you need.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 08:51 PM   #98
Tech Initiate

So it's Ofna that imports it to the US? Also what ofna model is this relative too, or would they know if I asked them?

Thanks
Brandon
Old 12-18-2005, 08:55 PM   #99
Tech Initiate

Also what exact tools are needed for assemble, and how are the instructions and dificulty. This will be my first kit car that I will be putting together, and I really don't want to go messing stuff up, because im new to it.

-Brandon
Old 12-18-2005, 09:31 PM   #100
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Turbo SRT4
So it's Ofna that imports it to the US? Also what ofna model is this relative too, or would they know if I asked them?

Thanks
Brandon
The GPX is a different design, it does not share any parts from any past OFNA cars. Assembly of the car is straight forward. If you run into any problems you can post questions here and a the OFNA drivers will be able to answer your questions.

If parts are a problem in your area, contact Nitrohouse at 800 928 0304 and they can mail order all the parts for you.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:33 PM   #101
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Turbo SRT4
Also what exact tools are needed for assemble, and how are the instructions and dificulty. This will be my first kit car that I will be putting together, and I really don't want to go messing stuff up, because im new to it.

-Brandon
You need snap-ring pliers and the normal 1.5mm,2.0mm and 2.5mm. I believe the kit comes with the allen key for the pivot nuts.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:34 PM   #102
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Some kits are like that but its not a problem. It wont effect the belt one bit. But if it really bothers u, a Kyosho RRR bearing holder fits, its a little shorter that the stock one. I think u will be happy w/the performance. Very easy to drive. MARC
Old 12-19-2005, 06:59 AM   #103
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRUZ
Some kits are like that but its not a problem. It wont effect the belt one bit. But if it really bothers u, a Kyosho RRR bearing holder fits, its a little shorter that the stock one. I think u will be happy w/the performance. Very easy to drive. MARC
Thanks for the quick response Marc. I might just try that. My LHS stocks Kyosho parts so that shouldn't be a problem. Right now I'm just waiting on my steering ackerman from Ofna. When I received my kit it didn't come with it but it came with 2 upper controlling arms instead. I can't wait to get it to the track and try it out. On a similar note, how did you free up the front and rear belts on this car. Like I said before, this is my first belt car and I've only driven shaft cars in the past, so free spinning is what I'm used to. Am I going to get that out of my belt car?

Ken Dub
Old 12-19-2005, 09:24 AM   #104
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to mykel chua

sirs, i have trouble with the front diffs. my kit doesnt have one instead i think its a one way. i dont know how to assemble it. could someone help me? its not in the manual too.
mykel chua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:01 AM   #105
Tech Regular

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response Marc. I might just try that. My LHS stocks Kyosho parts so that shouldn't be a problem. Right now I'm just waiting on my steering ackerman from Ofna. When I received my kit it didn't come with it but it came with 2 upper controlling arms instead. I can't wait to get it to the track and try it out. On a similar note, how did you free up the front and rear belts on this car. Like I said before, this is my first belt car and I've only driven shaft cars in the past, so free spinning is what I'm used to. Am I going to get that out of my belt car?

Ken Dub
Just put some tanks threw it, it will free up on its own. Also a belt car will never be as free as a shaft, but it does'nt mean its not as fast or faster.