R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2007, 10:37 PM   #661
Tech Master
 
alvinL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 1,176
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

vc05hdt, thks man wit little mod it does makes a different n immediately i need to set the brakes stronger... over shooting corners..

i hv not tested any other brands of cars b4 as tis GPX4 my 1st 1/10 onroad, driving it againts other brands on the local track i do not feel any disadvantage in terms of handling performance.. just that i don't hv any mates locally using the GPX4 of which i could share n learn fm anyway m glad tis great thread still alive....

B.rgds
Al
alvinL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:33 AM   #662
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 432
Default

best of luck to you. With the right know how the GPX4 can be just as competitive as any other car out there. Its a very reliable car
Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:28 AM   #663
Tech Master
 
alvinL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 1,176
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius View Post
best of luck to you. With the right know how the GPX4 can be just as competitive as any other car out there. Its a very reliable car
Hv been racing in off-road for a year.. now trying to get back into onroad wit 1/10 as i hv runs 1/18 & 1/5 in my younger years... so hope i know wat i'm doing in terms of setup for tis 1/10 scale machine..

will keep u guys update wit my coming race as all the top local drivers r competing

attached track layout ... any tips
Attached Thumbnails
Hobao GPX4 Pro-full%2520track%2520%2528long%2529.jpg  
alvinL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:05 AM   #664
Tech Regular
 
Capelracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bunbury, West Oz
Posts: 339
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I'm looking at getting the RTR to run in sports class. Is the manual available anywhere online???
Capelracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:03 PM   #665
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capelracer View Post
I'm looking at getting the RTR to run in sports class. Is the manual available anywhere online???
sorry bro they only have the Pro version on the hobao website http://www.hobao-racing.com/downloads.php
Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:21 AM   #666
Tech Adept
 
vc05hdt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morley,Perth W.A.
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius View Post
sorry bro they only have the Pro version on the hobao website http://www.hobao-racing.com/downloads.php
RTR car update, by accident experimented with 37 shore front and 40 shore rear foam tyres. 2mm split ( front 2mm smaller outside diametre) and gone from understeer on cold track to turn in much better. Check previous post susp settings ( a few pages back) by me for help if lack of grip in cold weather say 15 degrees Celcius. Med grip Track
vc05hdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:40 PM   #667
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc05hdt View Post
RTR car update, by accident experimented with 37 shore front and 40 shore rear foam tyres. 2mm split ( front 2mm smaller outside diametre) and gone from understeer on cold track to turn in much better. Check previous post susp settings ( a few pages back) by me for help if lack of grip in cold weather say 15 degrees Celcius. Med grip Track
In some situations 35 40 would work too and 35 37. But your right 37 40 works really well. I dont normally run same shore rates front and rear. here at our local tracks anyways.I run in tropical weather haha

Have you done the rear differential upgrade? where you use 6 gears instead of the 4 internal gears. gives you better on power steering.
Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:12 AM   #668
Tech Regular
 
Capelracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bunbury, West Oz
Posts: 339
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius View Post
Have you done the rear differential upgrade? where you use 6 gears instead of the 4 internal gears. gives you better on power steering.
Please elaborate!!
Capelracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:56 AM   #669
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 432
Default

I dont know if hobao made it a running change in their kits but the pre production and the first few batches, the rear diff only had 4 internal gears. the conversion is a crosspin that allows you to add 2 more gears just like on a Kyosho RRR, Mtx4, Serpent 720 or just like on a 1/8 buggy. check your rear diff and see how many gears are in there.

it helps because while on power the silicone spools up inside the diff making it feel a little thicker and the 6 gears does that better than 4 gears.
Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:02 AM   #670
Tech Adept
 
vc05hdt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morley,Perth W.A.
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius View Post
In some situations 35 40 would work too and 35 37. But your right 37 40 works really well. I dont normally run same shore rates front and rear. here at our local tracks anyways.I run in tropical weather haha

Have you done the rear differential upgrade? where you use 6 gears instead of the 4 internal gears. gives you better on power steering.
When I first started racing, I was brainwashed into thinking that harder foam front tyre than rear gave better grip. It did in the back of the car and caused it to understeer. After building my G4S, the basic set up was both fr and rear shore the same. Racers on the G4S thread mentioned that softer front and harder rear gave better turn in so tried it and it worked well with both cars. In regard to the six gear diff, I haven't been looking hard enough to see this mod. Using 40 fr and 37 rear and tyre wear 1/2 way thru race with 2mm split from rear wearing faster than front gained steering but lost top end speed. With the 40 rear and 37 front with 2mm smaller diameter front, higher top speed initially and reduces with rear tyre wear.
Where do I look for diff mod and what oils are u using front and back diffs Genius?
vc05hdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:17 AM   #671
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 432
Default

your right, the softer front will help the car turn in more. Doing that will help make the car a little more aggressive. same shore front and rear makes the car very easy to drive. you cant really power thru the turns.

I'm not sure where you can get the mod cause I got mine in the Philippines. anyways i attached some pics of what it looks like.

Depending on the track I normally use 30000 or 50000 diff oil in the rear and one way in the front.
Attached Thumbnails
Hobao GPX4 Pro-image-456-.jpg   Hobao GPX4 Pro-image-457-.jpg  
Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:57 AM   #672
Tech Adept
 
vc05hdt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morley,Perth W.A.
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius View Post
your right, the softer front will help the car turn in more. Doing that will help make the car a little more aggressive. same shore front and rear makes the car very easy to drive. you cant really power thru the turns.

I'm not sure where you can get the mod cause I got mine in the Philippines. anyways i attached some pics of what it looks like.

Depending on the track I normally use 30000 or 50000 diff oil in the rear and one way in the front.
Thanks for reply, I will retire RTR car at end of this season and go Pro with my G4S or race my RRR Evo. With the RTR car Front diff 50000 and rear 30000as can't put one way in. It will be a sad day when I pack up this car as have made it ultra reliable....
vc05hdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:47 AM   #673
Tech Master
 
alvinL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 1,176
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hi guys, does different touring body shell plays a different in handling?
alvinL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:14 PM   #674
Tech Adept
 
vc05hdt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morley,Perth W.A.
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinL View Post
Hi guys, does different touring body shell plays a different in handling?
yes
vc05hdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:16 PM   #675
Tech Adept
 
vc05hdt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morley,Perth W.A.
Posts: 246
Default GPX4 rtr retirement

I considered retiring my car at end of season but have brought it forward. Keep on racing IMO the best cheap 1/10th scale racing car on the market. Good on you Hobao!
vc05hdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hobao GPX4 Pro grassrootsracer Australia Wanted to Buy 4 06-15-2008 10:49 PM
HoBao GPX4 Pro hooked_on Australia For Sale/Trade 2 12-08-2007 12:54 AM
HoBao GPX4 Pro w/ STS 12 D3R hooked_on Australia For Sale/Trade 0 12-01-2007 01:22 AM
HPI R40 vs Hobao GPX4-PRO ernstb Nitro On-Road 3 02-27-2007 12:16 PM
HOBAO GPX4 hobby racr Singapore R/C Racers 0 12-12-2005 03:58 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:20 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net