R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-23-2007, 06:19 AM   #586
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleC
I read somewhere about tilting or doing some shimming on the pulley holder for front/middle belts. has anyone tried this for freeing up the drivetrain?
I have read pages back in this post of shimming parts and good result .
vc05hdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:28 AM   #587
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleC
I read somewhere about tilting or doing some shimming on the pulley holder for front/middle belts. has anyone tried this for freeing up the drivetrain?
yes I do that ....that why forced me to use k-factory belt on side as it increase the length for the side...
JOHN TAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:32 AM   #588
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc05hdt
I hope Hobao make some improvement with this motor (Hyper 12). The CRF 2007 from talk at the track v.good. You wont be disappointed.
Hi there,

Did u saw any CRF user have problem tuning or fouling their glow plug? I have fouled 2 glow plug within 3 tanks....the 4th one is going anytime...yet to try again as too busy with work...might try it again this sat morning...using turbo plug number 6 average...there is choice of hotter 5 and colder 7...the fouled plug face is clean no burn mark at all..like new... wonder how it make my plug one...
Old 03-27-2007, 05:02 PM   #589
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN TAN
Hi there,

Did u saw any CRF user have problem tuning or fouling their glow plug? I have fouled 2 glow plug within 3 tanks....the 4th one is going anytime...yet to try again as too busy with work...might try it again this sat morning...using turbo plug number 6 average...there is choice of hotter 5 and colder 7...the fouled plug face is clean no burn mark at all..like new... wonder how it make my plug one...
If you go to G4S 2006 thread and PM ZOOM, he might be able to help you John He has CRF motor
Old 03-27-2007, 08:37 PM   #590
Tech Apprentice

Default Fouled Glow Plug

Quote:
Hi there,

Hi John,
I have been busy and haven't been on the compute lately. I've had to catch up on the thread and see you got a CRF engine. Good deal! Anyway, what type of glow ignitor are you using? I had the same experience with a variable power glow ignitor and it malfunctioned and started to burn up the element in the glow plug. All of the plugs showed no signs of carbon or other fouling, until further examination, the element in fact melted at the bottom. Good luck with your new engine, and I hope to check back later.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:15 AM   #591
Tech Rookie

Default help

hey evry1 i am new to this forum and stuff so just getting used to it. i got a gpx4pro just two days ago and i was looking at a nosram 12 speed nitro motor wat dose evry1 think about theses motors are they good???
jr-mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:00 PM   #592
Tech Adept

Quote:
Hi there,

John, have you been to CRF Orion site as there has been carby setting /plug issue with motors.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:31 AM   #593
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default GPX4 Pro with JLR Motor

Here is my rebuilt GPX4 Pro with a new JLR Picco motor. This motor is absolutely fast.
Attached Thumbnails
Hobao GPX4 Pro-gpx4-pro_jlr.jpg  
three50zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:27 PM   #594
Tech Adept

Default Knowledge Base GPX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by three50zx
Here is my rebuilt GPX4 Pro with a new JLR Picco motor. This motor is absolutely fast.
Hey 350, what are your front springs,Kyosho or Mugen? Are rear factory blue springs? Front Diff or One way and what oils you using for diff. Next time I am out will try 50K fr and 30K rear.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:22 AM   #595
Tech Rookie

Default help

do u have the power and max rpm of dat motor?
jr-mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:33 AM   #596
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Hey 350, what are your front springs,Kyosho or Mugen? Are rear factory blue springs? Front Diff or One way and what oils you using for diff. Next time I am out will try 50K fr and 30K rear.
The light blue front spring and shiny blue rear springs are from Hobao. Hobao offer their spring set:

Pink - Very Hard
light Blue - hard
Yellow - Medium
Shiny Blue - Soft

I actually run a front one-way and rear diff with 120,000 wt oil. As for the motor, there is plenty of power all the way through the rev band with max RPM emphasized. Since using this motor I've turned faster laps at my track.
three50zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #597
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Since using this motor I've turned faster laps at my track.

Don't lie!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have destroyed the fast lap times....

Guys he went from 27 and 28 laps in 5 minutes to running a 32 laps pace in the main. He only slowed at the end because his fuel guy didn't fill it all the way and he had 2nd place about 10 feet in front of him.

Damn 350 you have that car and motor flying yesterday. I might just stay in retirement after seeing you performance on the track!!!!!

Great job 350!!!!!
Old 04-01-2007, 02:35 PM   #598
Tech Adept

anyone wanna buy a hobao/ofna gpx4 pro kit? i need it gone.. price is cheap.. lots of parts and etc.. http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=156796

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=154954&highlight=pacific17
pacific17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:17 PM   #599
Tech Adept

Quote:
The light blue front spring and shiny blue rear springs are from Hobao. Hobao offer their spring set:

Pink - Very Hard
light Blue - hard
Yellow - Medium
Shiny Blue - Soft

I actually run a front one-way and rear diff with 120,000 wt oil. As for the motor, there is plenty of power all the way through the rev band with max RPM emphasized. Since using this motor I've turned faster laps at my track.
Thanks 350 for info. I havent been looking hard enough as my catalogue ony has red spring,yellow and electric bue colour. A few members at the track are convincing me to go for G4S when I upgrade to Pro class but with results like yours im leaning back to GPX4. I currently have RTR version and with good set up last race broke my lap record by 0.8 sec. What were you racing against car wise?
Old 04-02-2007, 03:20 AM   #600
Tech Addict

Quote:
If you go to G4S 2006 thread and PM ZOOM, he might be able to help you John He has CRF motor
Thanks will spent time to read...